• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
A great heroine of mine with a beautiful voice who did so much for British folk music, with Fairport Convention and solo and sadly lost after all too brief a span. Sadly, nowadays she's mostly forgotten by all except a few adoring fans!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't remember bands or albums but the music I preferred was from the fifties and sixties.

Types:
Rock and Roll, Blues, Jazz, Country/Western and Gospel.

Singers:
Elvis, Chuck Berry, Chubby Checker, Frankie Avalon, The Beach Boys, Annette Funicello, Aretha Franklin, Sandra Dee and too many others to name.

Hank Locklin, Hank Snow, Ernest Tubb, Hank Williams Sr (the king of country), Kitty Wells (the queen of Country),Little Jimmy Dickens, Donna Fargo, Dolly Parton, well I'm sure you get the Picture.

Now music is just a memory because even with my hearing aid it is mostly static sounds.
Too much perception loss to even understand the words.
As a result of the hearing loss music from more recent years is just noise to me...sigh.
I really do miss the music I used to enjoy.

James R.

Busy Bee
Someone mentioned country music, so I'll use that as an in... :)

I grew up with my parents' 70's and 80's country...but I'm not a country fan.

However... I do have a fondness for Hank Williams' music, and some country music of his era.

However (again) ... this is how things might change from day to day (last Tuesday and Wednesday).

I tend to find an album or collection and play it on repeat through my workday.

IMG_3901.JPG

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
OK! I just had to post this because this was the last time these guys played together and the very last time I saw them live (with my girl Amanda). Pure joy!

James R.

Busy Bee
Image 186.jpg

Today's work music is two of my favourites...and two of my 'desert island' albums. Hopefully this is a little more along the lines of the purpose of this thread. ;)

U2 has long been my favourite group (since The Unforgettable Fire) and The Joshua Tree changed the way I understood and listened to music. This is my Life Soundtrack music...

Long Distance Voyager by The Moody Blues, though I don't call myself a 'fan' of the band, has always been one of my favourite albums. This is another one I enjoy on several levels. I have it on vinyl, inherited from my parents (or purloined, as the case may have been :whistling:). A few years ago I recorded it to digital format in one uninterrupted file (with a slight pause between sides) with all its wonderful vinyl pops and crackles so I could listen to it in iTunes but feel like I was listening to the record. I'm glad I did because the weight on the end of my turntable's tone arm broke after I moved house a couple of years ago and I've yet to locate someone local I trust to repair vintage equipment (my turntable and stereo are the same age as LDV)...so for now I can't play my tiny record collection. :( I should probably just go buy a new turntable now that they're being made again, but a decent one is a bit outside of our budget right now.

James R.

Busy Bee
Definite Moody Blues fan here!

My uncle is a big fan, too. I wouldn't likely have paid attention to Long Distance Voyager if it wasn't for him! When I say I'm not a fan, it just means that I don't have any of their other albums. :) Oh, except for Nights in White Satin and Tuesday Afternoon, both of which I love!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Another one here James! While I must admit U2 have been rather neglected, the Moody's have been a staple favourite in my life. I've managed to complete a collection of their catalogue, starting on vynyl, then CD which all now reside on my laptop. Two outstanding anthems for me are 'Watching and Waiting' and 'Driftwood'. Superb consistency from a band which span such a length of time!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, except for Nights in White Satin and Tuesday Afternoon, both of which I love!
Oh my goodness . . . Nights in White Satin! I haven't heard that in ages (years/decades). Hmmmm, now I'll have to go sifting through my albums to find it.

I've liked a lot of groups over the years, but I guess my longest running favorite is Queen. ~sigh~ I'm going to have to find that album too, because I now have Bohemian Rhapsody running around in my head.

James R.

Busy Bee
BTW, for those who might be interested, here is an amazing documentary on Bohemian Rhapsody and how it was assembled in the studio. Utterly fascinating to see how it was put together and hear Dr. Brian May describe it all! These guys were (are) geniuses.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Completely with you about Queen and Freddie - thanks for that video! Will watch it when I get a chance!