• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Completely with you about Queen and Freddie - thanks for that video! Will watch it when I get a chance!
Thanks from me too, as I'm interested on how they put that piece together.

Yes! Queen! Freddie Mercury was a rock god. What a voice, what a showman. What a tragic loss.
I also agree about the loss, and that's a fantastic 3D representation you did of the man.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Completely with you about Queen and Freddie - thanks for that video! Will watch it when I get a chance!
I just watched it Alisa, and it's quite informative. After a while I just "listened" to it while here on our forum, and it was nice having Bohemian Rhapsody playing in the background. :D

James R.

Busy Bee
Thanks from me too, as I'm interested on how they put that piece together.

I also agree about the loss, and that's a fantastic 3D representation you did of the man.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed the video. Fascinating, wasn't it? All those little parts that came together to make something so completely epic... Blows my mind. I wish I could "speak music" the way musicians like that do.

Oh, and that's Michael 3 as Freddie. :)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I was explaining to our Lucy earlier about this thread and that it was a place for people to post their favourite songs and singers. Anyhow, I promised to post this one because it's her 'favouritest song' and she wants you all to listen and sing it too! All together now............

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thank you, glad you enjoyed the video. Fascinating, wasn't it? All those little parts that came together to make something so completely epic... Blows my mind. I wish I could "speak music" the way musicians like that do.
I know what you mean. I'm lucky I could, once upon a time, read music, but to actually "know" it like they do? Nope, never could.

Oh, and that's Michael 3 as Freddie. :)
Ohhhhh, well the pose and lighting are perfect, and I liked him better with the mustache and short hair from his later years.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I love Queen! I've always wondered what Bohemian Rhapsody was about. Talk about some really smart guys, Brian May is also an astrophysicist. They are such a part of out culture now.
This is one of my all time favorite songs:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh! My son is in a band, he's been musically inclined all of his life. Moved to Tacoma when he was 18 for the music scene. He did the music on a couple of my videos:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Talk about some really smart guys, Brian May is also an astrophysicist.
WOW, that is smart. I've never thought about what other professions musicians might have, except one of our local Jazz musicians here in NY, whose web site I designed. Turns out he's a teacher and, of course, he teaches Jazz at an Intermediary School, so I guess that's not really a surprise, but a musician who's also an astrophysicist? I never would've guessed.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Apparently there's supposed to be a high correlation between people who are good at maths and music.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've always believed that with programming as well, especially all forms of Algebra.

James R.

Busy Bee
Apparently there's supposed to be a high correlation between people who are good at maths and music.

I have a number of friends who have electrical engineering degrees -- and all five of them are very musically talented.

Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 Allegro...that is almost literally math as music. :)

James R.

Busy Bee
WOW, that is smart. I've never thought about what other professions musicians might have, except one of our local Jazz musicians here in NY, whose web site I designed. Turns out he's a teacher and, of course, he teaches Jazz at an Intermediary School, so I guess that's not really a surprise, but a musician who's also an astrophysicist? I never would've guessed.

May got his PhD in 2007, at 60. Awesome. :) He kind of looks like Isaac Newton...lol

Miss B

CV-BEE
I was in my 50s when I got my second degree, though it wasn't a PhD. There's no age limit when it comes to going back to school. ;)

James R.

Busy Bee
I was in my 50s when I got my second degree, though it wasn't a PhD. There's no age limit when it comes to going back to school. ;)

Oh I agree! I went back to school at 29 and again at 44. My wife is working on her Master's and will get it at 50. Life long learning is a grand thing. ;)

Last edited: