• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's quite a drop in such a short time. Way to go! :) Keep up the good work.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am now going to try to raise $50.oo dollars to buy that exercycle from Amazon that you can set at the bedside, a chair and pedal it or place it on a table and exercise your arms.
So I will be trying to get some images of my products in circulation o as many forums as possible to generate sales.

And we will be adding more cholesterol lowering spices and foods to my diet.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was just looking at my statistics of how long I've been a member at various 3d stores.
Here are the statistics...
HiveWire 3d:
DAZ:

Renderosity:
Joined on December 06, 2001

I can't remember when I joined RDNA but it was years ago too.

There have been many times when I disagreed with something at each one, stated it in the forums or joined a discussion where someone was complaining about the TOS.
But I was never banned or suspended because I made it clear that while I felt this or that was wrong or could be done better, it was their right to have the final say.

When we start and account, either as vendor or to use the forums and galleries we read (or should read) the TOS.
If we join it means we agree to abide by those rules, yes we can disagree, but it is still their right to make the rules.
If at any time we feel we can't abide by the TOS any longer we have the option to leave.

For this reason I felt the moderators respected me because I respected them.
I will continue to respect all the team members here and at the other sites as well.

Looking at the dates I joined Renderosity and DAZ I feel old. :roflmao:

quietrob

Extraordinary
How about some of the stores that are no longer here? I bought one item. Lost the file named runtime and rebuilt everything from a backup EXCEPT for that item. I bought it at defunct store. Like RDNA, the old poserworld (Membership gave you access to EVERYTHING) we've outlasted them all. The good news is that when it comes 3d Modeling, technology doesn't replace what we do. It makes what we do better or easier.

As for feeling old...We're still burpin ya, gal!

Hornet3d

Wise
I was just looking at my statistics of how long I've been a member at various 3d stores.
Here are the statistics...
HiveWire 3d:
DAZ:

Renderosity:
Joined on December 06, 2001

I can't remember when I joined RDNA but it was years ago too.

There have been many times when I disagreed with something at each one, stated it in the forums or joined a discussion where someone was complaining about the TOS.
But I was never banned or suspended because I made it clear that while I felt this or that was wrong or could be done better, it was their right to have the final say.

When we start and account, either as vendor or to use the forums and galleries we read (or should read) the TOS.
If we join it means we agree to abide by those rules, yes we can disagree, but it is still their right to make the rules.
If at any time we feel we can't abide by the TOS any longer we have the option to leave.

For this reason I felt the moderators respected me because I respected them.
I will continue to respect all the team members here and at the other sites as well.

Looking at the dates I joined Renderosity and DAZ I feel old. :roflmao:

A very interesting history, I don't think mine is a million miles away from that. I have always respected the moderators and understood just how difficult the job can be, which is why I was surprised it was claimed recently that I had been warned at some point but there you go.

I also feel you you should abide by the rules of any club you are a member, if you do not agree with the rules then leave the club. I used to have a gallery of images that went back well over ten years and went to the trouble of linking the products used to those on sale in that same marketplace. Then at some point it was decided that adverts would be added, some of which that were larger than the uploaded renders and it was something that upset me. I made my feelings clear while respecting their right to do so but saying I was unhappy. They decided to continue so I removed my whole gallery explaining why I was doing so, but as politely as I could. It could be said, and probably was, that I was just being spiteful and 'taking my bat away'. From my point of view I respected their right to do what they did but I did not like the new process so left. No hard feelings on my part, I didn't like the new rules and left, nothing to get upset about.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, that was they way I always felt.
I did see a Gallery work taken down and member warned when there really seemed no reason.
The figure in question in the image was an sold as an adult model but the image banned as a child image.
It seemed to some of us that the rules need to be more clear since that model was an adult figure.
It wasn't nude but skimpy clothes.

I did speak my mind on that but kept it respectful, my works were never banned or issued a warning as I stayed well within the TOS.
Most of the issues were due to the TOS concerning child nudity and some felt different than the owners.
As I said, they had a right to make the rules and those TOS were put in place because they felt it necessary.

My issues did not come from that but I just felt that some vendors were not given fair treatment.
I am still a member at those places but to old to vendor all over the place and keep track of it all.
The old brain has slowed down. :roflmao:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I joined Renderosity on March 29, 2002. Wow! More than a decade ago! I never read the terms of service but I think people generally know what's expected of them and when they are about to cross a line. I always ask if I'm not sure.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I joined Rendo shortly after being given the box set of Poser 4, so long ago.
And somewhere along the way I found DAZ 3d, got DAZ Studio and took off from there.

Poser was still my favorite and I learned it more than DS, now I know more about DS and use both.
I have Blender which I really want to take time for soon, Wings 3d and even Blacksmith 3d.
Once I started modeling a face in Blender with their tutorial and still have that on a dvd around here.

I also made a necklace with jeweled rings on it and rendered it in cycles following a tutorial.
Somehow in all the crashes I've lost that item.

Being a member of both those communities I did learn a lot in the forums but when I joined RDNA and found their Poser forum, I loved that.
Bagginsbill and Snarlygribbly had so mush to share and they are great with what they share, love to learn from them.

quietrob

Extraordinary
A very interesting history, I don't think mine is a million miles away from that. I have always respected the moderators and understood just how difficult the job can be, which is why I was surprised it was claimed recently that I had been warned at some point but there you go.

I also feel you you should abide by the rules of any club you are a member, if you do not agree with the rules then leave the club. I used to have a gallery of images that went back well over ten years and went to the trouble of linking the products used to those on sale in that same marketplace. Then at some point it was decided that adverts would be added, some of which that were larger than the uploaded renders and it was something that upset me. I made my feelings clear while respecting their right to do so but saying I was unhappy. They decided to continue so I removed my whole gallery explaining why I was doing so, but as politely as I could. It could be said, and probably was, that I was just being spiteful and 'taking my bat away'. From my point of view I respected their right to do what they did but I did not like the new process so left. No hard feelings on my part, I didn't like the new rules and left, nothing to get upset about.

Ad Blocker. I decide which ads to see. I noticed it became this ugly Advertisement driven thing, someone mentioned Ad Blocker in the forums where everyone was complaining. I'm not sure whether that person was whisked away but I still followed her advice. I still get those Ad's on the sides but they are no longer bigger than gallery renders. The other ads are for Vendors and I'm okay with it, except it's normally for a figure I don't use.

BB and Snarly G, still both hang out at the SM Forum if you need to ping them.

@Faery_Light It's okay if the brain slows down. Just as long as it doesn't take a break for popcorn! :D - Baby Boomer Quietrob

Hornet3d

Wise
Ad Blocker. I decide which ads to see. I noticed it became this ugly Advertisement driven thing, someone mentioned Ad Blocker in the forums where everyone was complaining. I'm not sure whether that person was whisked away but I still followed her advice. I still get those Ad's on the sides but they are no longer bigger than gallery renders. The other ads are for Vendors and I'm okay with it, except it's normally for a figure I don't use.

BB and Snarly G, still both hang out at the SM Forum if you need to ping them.

@Faery_Light It's okay if the brain slows down. Just as long as it doesn't take a break for popcorn! :D - Baby Boomer Quietrob

Thanks for the advice and information on BB and Snarly G.

It was the principle that upset me more than the adverts, the ones for vendors I did not mind much after all one of the reasons for uploading my renders was to show how I was using their products and hopefully encouraging sales. It was also at the time when I was still feeling raw after the disaster that was the Prime changes so I probably reacted far more than I would have done otherwise.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sob!
The Big Cat and the Kitten on Sale, Dusk SE on sale and I will not be able to get them...sob.
Oh well, maybe someday when I ever get medical expenses caught up.

The Social Security office gave my daughter information where to apply for help on my meds and stuff.
But to qualify I have to show 1000.00 in drug costs for the last 6 months, only paid a little over 300.00 because I cant afford all the meds and had to let some go.
If I pay out of pocket for the shot they want me to have it would take my entire check for just one month and I can't do that...sigh.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sigh, just too many problems at all the wrong time. :cry:

SIL may have to find a new job, he just got word today that he needs to find one as soon as possible.
Not good.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hope so too, he will look today and tomorrow (his days off) closer to home.
And I'm going to try to get more interest stirred up for my products as I churn out more.

We've always been the type of people who fought their way through hard times as best we could.
If there was work available we found it and only resorted to asking for help if we got desperate.

We depend on the 17 and 15 year olds salaries as well and the 17 year old will be looking for work.
But the 15 year old is not allowed to work most places due to her age.

It will be hard but somehow we will pull through. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Sob!
The Big Cat and the Kitten on Sale, Dusk SE on sale and I will not be able to get them...sob.
Oh well, maybe someday when I ever get medical expenses caught up.

The Social Security office gave my daughter information where to apply for help on my meds and stuff.
But to qualify I have to show 1000.00 in drug costs for the last 6 months, only paid a little over 300.00 because I cant afford all the meds and had to let some go.
If I pay out of pocket for the shot they want me to have it would take my entire check for just one month and I can't do that...sigh.

It seems so unfair, particularly this day and age, that anyone has to do without certain medication because they cannot afford it. I know I am very lucky in that I am based in the UK and for the most part my medication is paid for but I still think it is a basic right, as is having enough to eat. I have never understood why we pay people who save lives a pittance when entertainers, celebrities and other professions get paid vastly more.

I often wonder if I was to visit another world just how I would justify how we live and look after each other, thankfully it is not something that is ever going to happen but I do still wonder.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If our government wasn't holding hands with insurance companies and "pork barreling" the US could have a good universal care too.
But when you have as much corruption in government where they would rather grow rich off gifts and bribes this happens.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I would love to model but can't wrap my brain around it.

It really isn't all that hard, once you get used to looking at real objects and working out how to make that with polygons. I find modeling and texturing easy enough, and I really love when I actually get it right. My favourite is sculpting details in ZBrush on an ordinary object and making it so much better to my eyes.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
If our government wasn't holding hands with insurance companies and "pork barreling" the US could have a good universal care too.
But when you have as much corruption in government where they would rather grow rich off gifts and bribes this happens.

I don't get why in a rich country like the USA you don't have free healthcare like most other developed countries. I mean why not, and why don't you all demand it? A fraction of what the USA spends yearly on armed forces and wars could probably pay for free healthcare for all of you.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Unfortunately the few who demand it is voted down by those who are swayed by the politicians who claim it will cost more out of their tax pockets.
It seems if you need food stamps, welfare or draw social security misguided folks say they are tired of paying for you to live on it.
I pay 104.00 a month for Medicare but it hardly ever covered anything and I had to get a supplement insurance which is paid from that.
But there are very high co-pays and out of pocket costs as well.

As for social security my late husband, and I, worked and paid into it so I don't feel it is charity.
With mentalities like that getting a good Universal health care is not going to happen.

Hornet3d

Wise
Unfortunately the few who demand it is voted down by those who are swayed by the politicians who claim it will cost more out of their tax pockets.
It seems if you need food stamps, welfare or draw social security misguided folks say they are tired of paying for you to live on it.
I pay 104.00 a month for Medicare but it hardly ever covered anything and I had to get a supplement insurance which is paid from that.
But there are very high co-pays and out of pocket costs as well.

As for social security my late husband, and I, worked and paid into it so I don't feel it is charity.
With mentalities like that getting a good Universal health care is not going to happen.

I get all my medication paid for via the National Health Service in the UK which is good, on the other hand I was unemployed for only eight weeks in 43 years and for a good few of those I was paying at least 40% in tax and for a few years I paid more in tax than my wife, who was on full time employment, earned as a salary. I never begrudged paying my tax and always thought that medication and basic health care should be a right for everyone irrespective of their ability to pay.