• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My chili wasn't as good as I used to make.
Hard for me to cook now, forget ingredients too often.
One of my nephews wanted the recipe one time and I told him, "sorry, but I do not follow recipes, just a dash of this and a dash of that".
He was disappointed but that is the way I cook. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
An intuitive cook! I am such a 'follow the recipe' cook, coming from a long line of 'follow the recipe' cooks. I do admire people who don't need a recipe to create a wonderful dish :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had a bit of really good luck, all my promos were still in the original pz3 files so I just set queue renders for them. :happyflip:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My mum was like that and to some extent so am I. Was cooking with my husband earlier today and he got out the scales to weigh the carrots...it really amused me as I would have just picked two or three and gone with that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...I thought so! I actually asked him why he had the scales out...~shakes head...I couldn't believe his answer.

Lorraine

Even though I'm a follow the recipe sheila I don't think I've ever weighed a carrot! :rofl:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've not been in any mischief lately but my brother has.
He is soooo stubborn at times.
Yesterday he was being all cranky again, I had installed Windows 10 on his computer and it was a clean install because it won't update Vista.
He said he had saved all the files he needed to his external drive so the install went full speed ahead.
Then some stuff needed re-installed which I had explained to him would happen.
But he started getting frustrated because the programs he had before would not work.
I re-installed a few for him and showed him where they were.
He was using one and a few minutes forgot how to work it.
I showed him again and he kept forgetting and getting all cranky.
That tipped me off that something was wrong, he always could just go from one OS to another and have it figured out in no time.
We had supper and I went to work on my computer but looked into the front room and he was slumped over.
I went in and my niece was trying to clean stuff off his face.
He had gotten sick all over his self.
But he couldn't talk or get back up from the slumped position.
My daughter called his nurse who called his doctor and they said he needed to get to the hospital ER.
His daughter came over to take him and by that time he was sitting up, said he was okay but he was not and did not need to go to the hospital.
We all made him go anyway.
He is in the hospital where he spent the night and will spend tonight there too.
They think it is mini strokes.
Sheesh!
And if this isn't enough, one of my nieces is in the hospital on life support and may not make it much longer.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's no good FL...you're having a very tough time lately! I hope all goes well for you and my thoughts are with you.:grouphug:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I admit I am worried.
Paul (my brother) had open heart surgery going on five years back, then he wouldn't heal so the did another surgery to insert tubes for drainage.
And then they opened him to remove his sternum and some ribs that rejected the staples to close the wounds and got infected.
After he finally healed form that it was muscle-flap surgery and he has had several surgeries to insert stints to unclog arteries.
Since then he has had several falls, pneumonia a few times and more problems as time moves on.
A few weeks ago he fell while taking a shower after he got out of the tub and sat on the edge to drain the tub.
He landed on his back, bruised his remaining ribs enough that they consider then broken, and pneumonia got him again.
He still has therapists and nurses coming out to him from that.
And now this.
I guess the tough times with my people is that we are all aging now, he is 72, the other brother is 75 and he is in bad health.
And so much bad crap has been handed down from our ancestors.
I am praying that he will be okay from this spell.

Lorraine

Big :grouphug:, FL...and much sympathy, I do hope he is ok. And I am so sorry to hear about your niece, that's heartbreaking.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Good news, my brother has been released and will be home shortly.
The tests did not show any major problems but he will need to wear a Holter monitor for a bit.
His heart did some odd speeding up and slowing down and all the monitors he was connected to caught it.
I am thankful he is okay.

Lorraine

Yay, that's just FAB, FL! Really great and here are some flowers for the two of you :flowers::flower04:

Carey

Extraordinary
Just wanted to let you know I was here, I read through here with interest, but have nothing really I can think of that is either beneficial or helpful...hmmm maybe there is one thing I can say that might be both useful and beneficial here..."I see you"