• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Faery Light look after yourself...you have to come first! I hope you stay out of ER...it's not fun.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
WOW... well yay for the new beds but Awwwww for the health stuff Faery_Light. Have you had your electrolytes checked out? If they are out of whack that can cause all sorts of issues. There are plenty of ways to get them stable again. Cheapest is Gator Aide but there are healthier alternatives like Electrolyte water. HUGS

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hope it isn't anything I need more tests for, gonna be in debt longer than eternity if so.
but doc made appointment for tomorrow instead of today.
The pollen count is up in this area and now I learn we have poison oak growing in the wooded strip along the creek behind our house, I am highly allergic to that...ugh.
So it may just be that the pollen and spoors in the air are inflaming my airways.
I did learn that people with asthma or copd can reduce the inflammations with certain foods, vitamin c is helpful but I can't eat oranges however, spinach, fish and nuts help.
Gonna have the daughter start buying me sunflower seeds and almonds to see if it helps.
I do eat fish and the other things that are helpful like chicken, we eat a lot of that around here...lol.
Maybe a change in diet will be more helpful than some of the meds, to much risk of allergic reaction to meds for me.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Changing the diet may help but know what you can and can't have. Don't keep things around that you know aren't good for you. I wish there was a way for you to exercise a bit like a daily walk, that helps clear toxins out of the system.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Actually I have been exercising on a recumbent bike.
And my niece is giving us a treadmill that has lots of options on it for walking slow or fast or whatever.
Unfortunately when I do the bike my breathing gets bad and my oxygen saturation drops.
My daughter is helping my with the workout on it and told me to start slow and work up so as not to overdo it.
She had to go through physical therapy for her fibro and RA and they taught her how to do that stuff.
And it would work better but my heart has a habit of beating too fast without warning and blood pressure goes up, oxygen goes down.
The doctors said after all the tests they ran that it was a bad copd event brought on by pneumonia.
I just haven't recovered as fast as I should but with my oxygen going goofy I almost pass out just walking three or four feet across a room.
I've had that problem since I was very young and no one has found the cause yet.
It would be nice if they could help control it so I can do more.
But as usual I will not let it keep me down too much, just push on and do things as best I can.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I have copd as well FL so I know exactly where you are coming from...My oxygen levels have improved since taking food grade hydrogen peroxide 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide Australia H2O2 My breathing is so much better now...I do have the pdf booklet which tells you the amounts to take and what to build up to...

I do hope you start to feel better...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Recumbent stationary bikes are not good for your system right now just use the treadmill. If you feel adventurous if it's got an incline option just put it up to 1 and see how that feels. I have aging hips so I know if I go any higher than that I can't walk right the next day but incline 1 is fine for me.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I just got back from my check-up.
The doctor is putting me back on prednisone until we can get my third inhaler.
He is calling Gericare to get them to come out and get me some help on paying the co-pay, it is over one hundred a month.
And he is pleased I am doing the exerciser and will be doing the treadmill.
So maybe soon I will be feeling better again.
All this pollen and dust is clogging me up and that is why I am having so much trouble beathing, but as he said I am breathing...lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, it is and I already have bone loss due to my age and early onset osteoporosis.
I can take plain calcium but not the one with D3 as my system rejects D3 like crazy.
My daughter can't process D3 either and the doctor she had gave her too much and it nearly put her in the hospital.
Our auto-immune systems are messed up but we don't know what it is.
We need a good geologist but there are none close enough to us.
I told the doctor today that all in all I think I can live to be 90 or more like Mom did.
Mom's people had long life spans even when not in the best of health, Dad's people did not.
Most of the females died in their fifties, his mother was 51 when she died of edema of the brain, my sister died at 53 from cancer, diabetes and congestive heart failure and a cousin at 53 from massive stroke.

I seem to take after mom's side of the family since I am now 70 and still breathing...lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Decided to do something I have been wanting to fo since Mom died, get the songs she wrote sorted so the ones we set to music can be read correctly.
Then my grand-daughter is going to practice playing them on the keyboard and sing them for me.
I want to get her to record some for me too, she has a beautiful voice but it is like a saprano and beyond my hearing perception.
I hope with earphones I can hear them.
I have Musescore if I can understand how to edit in it, been years since I did any music stuff.
But my hands are being contary and won't let me type into the program tonight.
Guess for now I will try to finish the texture sets instead.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Did something today I haven't been able to do in a while, cooked a pot of my home made chili....yummy.
Still tire easily but the steroid is helping.
That is only temporary until the Geri Care people come out and set me up for financial help on the las inhaler I need.
And for some more tests I need.
The doctor has called them to get it started so I can get help on stuff.
It felt good to do something besides sit most of the day but with my breathing like it was I could not stand long without trying to pass out.

Trying now to finish my horse texture set to re-submit.
Rae, did you have issues on the displacement for the SSS set?
I can't seem to get the displacement to show up in the renders.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am almost positive we have gremlins around here.
After working so hard to finish the Alaric II set so testers could begin, I find some files have mysteriously disappeared.
Having sent the zips to a couple of testers and receiving feed-back I went to check my files wondering why those errors were there.
ARRRRGH!
The finished edited set is not here, the promos I did are not on my computer and I have searched every folder in case I accidentally dropped my completed Alaric II folder in another place. :oopsie:
It has to be gremlins because I do not do stupid things like that. :rofl:
So one more hold up while I redo the set. :(

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh, I found all the textures and material files in a backup folder but I just lost the one where I made promos.
Or maybe I didn't do promos and just think I did, getting fuzzy brain again...lol.
Sheeesh!
So anyway I sent my testers the wrong set I guess because the images from tests show a lot of seam errors and when I load and render it has none.
Guess I zipped the wrong thing again.
I try to remember to delete all older files that were wrong but sometimes they slip past me.

Lately my eyes are getting very dim so it is hard to see, my daughter is going to call my eye doc in the morning and set an appointment.
I may have to have the laser done..

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, yes, those too until I found the backup.
Boy am I glad I backup stuff.
I am really praying that the eye doc can fix my eyes and it isn't going to lead to blindness like Mom had.
If that happens i just don't know how I would face that, I accept my hearing loss and manage okay but my sight is another matter.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Now if my DS files aren't messed up I need to find a couple tester for Alaric II in Studio.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
FL, very sorry to read of your failing eyesight...and I'm sitting here with my fingers and toes crossed for you that it is something your eye doctor can deal with :grouphug:

PS your home made chilli sounds divine. I loves my chilli too :)