• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My laptop is 1TB total and I put the other 2TB external on it.
So that gives me lots of working space.
In addition to my 3d work I like to write and I keep my family photos stored too.

But the 3d work takes a lot of room...whew!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Oh good news indeed FL. I'm very jealous, as this hard drive is only 700gb, so having a hard drive with 2tb, well that's quite a big difference. Of course, this is a laptop, so don't know if they have hard drives for laptops larger than maybe 1tb.

Rest easy, and we'll see ya tomorrow.

They do indeed Miss B. My Acer Aspire E15 laptop has a 2 Tb hard drive and it makes a heck of a difference for 3D work. I also have a 2Tb external drive for back up with another to be added soon. As FL says 3D takes up disk space so the more the merrier! :coding:

Take care of yourself FL and have fun with the new drive! :balloon03::balloon03:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, didn't think they made them that large for laptops. I'll have to check those out, though I really do want a new laptop.

Thanks for the links Seach. :)

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
All right, got everything set up so I can install my programs now.
I'd like Poser 11 on it to but wonder if that is allowed.
I'd be working n P 11 there and PP 2014 on this laptop, never P 11 on both at the same time.
But sure would be great so if I tire of sitting at the desk I could finish on the laptop in comfort.
Anyway, will be a busy day.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've been busy all day getting files copied and trying to learn Superfly rendering and materials settings.
would be more fun if my mouse would stop acting silly so much.
That is why i have not been here much lately.

Soon I will be back and posting images of my newest projects.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Work is halted till I feel better.
Woke up with a headache and feeling sick yesterday so most of the day was spent in bed.
My younger brother got his daughter and son-in-law to drive him down to Potosi for my nieces's funeral and he brought her dad back with him.
So the older brother will be here for Thanksgiving which he tries to do every year now.
Sure hope tis sickness passes by then cause we hare having lots of goodies to eat. :)
I think it is the usual end of warm weather cold or flu I get...sigh.
But still not feeling up to working on things yet.

Going to soon ask someone wit P11 to check one texture set for me to see if it looks okay, then I will run it through PP14 and make sure it works so I can finish the set for beta testing.
This will be the Albino or the Kyokko set first.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Best wishes for a speedy recovery FL. It's definitely not fun. Every year around this time I get invited by the NHS to receive an anti-flu injection and every year around this time I end up with a heavy cold, blocked sinuses for weeks and a strong urge to strangle the next NHS doctor I see. Keep the faith! :grouphug:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Up and about today, rainy weather making poor old bone ache...lol.
I am hoping to get some work on my projects done today, I'd like to get then to the testing stage.

My morning was spent chatting with the brothers, get both together and we talk about everything.
We covered dinosaurs evolving into chickens, :) politics (that is something else with one brother Democrat and the other Republican), DNA testing, and various things.

Last night I was still not feeling good and tired of the pain not leaving with just Tylenol so I took a Xanax to loosen the muscles and nerves.
As a result I was a bit woozy and slow thinking.
The brother that lives here and my son-in-law came into my room and wanted to know something, I answered and the said 'but I won't swear to that as my brain is a little goofy tonight'.
I glanced up to see a sly smile on my son-in-laws face and my brother just ready to make a remark.
I told them both, "Don't dare say it...I know what you're thinking, that it's always goofy".
They both laughed and shook their heads. :roflmao:

I tell you it is always this way with us, we can't help it. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.
As for me, I'm stuffed more than the turkey was, great food and yummy pie. :roflmao:
My remaining siblings here together and my daughter and her family all of us having a great time. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well the mischief isn't mine this time.
My brother took two falls yesterday, one in his office and the other outside.
He is in the hospital with a broken pelvis, it broke in two places.
They need to keep him till he can walk on his own but he insists he wants to come home.
He told the doctor his niece and her daughter take care of him and can take care of him now.
NO, they can not.

It takes two trained nurses or aides to lift and move him at the hospital and none of us are able to do that.
So his daughter said she is having phone conference with her husband and son to arrange for one to be with him at all times and if he won't stay in the hospital he goes home with her.

It is long overdue that she steps up and helps with him, been saying it for a couple of years now.
I've told her and his older son that he needs more care, he is having mini strokes, the doctor said he could have a major one anytime.
But the kept denying that he has anything wrong, now they see the truth and it is time they take some responsibility.

This is super stressful for me and my daughter so I do wish that hard headed old man would behave...love him but right now I want to kick his butt....lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My niece and her husband came by after the hospital visit.
She gave my brother two choices, either go to stay with her till he is healed or go to the rehab nursing home in New Haven, 10 miles from us.
He will be sent home by ambulance either tomorrow or next day, depending on the last tests.

That is one sneaky guy, his daughter asked what he will need from here and he told her she could just drop him by here on the way and he would pick out what he needs.
She said she told him no way that was happening, she would get the stuff.
The doctor just shook his head and said, "she won't be dropping you by anywhere, you are leaving in an ambulance".
Then told him he needed to understand, unless he went to stay with his daughter or the nursing home he would not be released.

He tried to tell them that my daughter and her girls could handle it but my niece told him no to that.
She had already talked to my daughter and knows the way it is.
My daughter has degenerative bone disease and her neck is so bad any lifting could leave her paralyzed.
She also has Fibro and her hands sometime has no feeling causing her to drop things.

The 16 year old works five hours a day and the 14.5 year old can't lift him either.
All the grand kids are home schooled and so also have to study and do lessons.

We know he may feel hurt but much as we want him here and as much as we love him it just isn't possible.
So his sneaky ways didn't work and he agreed to go to her house.
It will seem strange without him here but he may not get to move back in here.
This time he may not heal right and that worries me, a broken pelvis is worse than a broken hip.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Good news, my brother was able to do a bit of walking for the doctor this morning and has been released from the hospital.
The doctor on hearing how hard it would be for us o care for him gave him two choices, either go home with his daughter or to a rehab center for a few weeks.
So he is now at his daughter's house where he will be till he heals fully.
This takes a load of worry off my daughter's and my minds and we are happy he is co-operating now.

So it is time to get back to some serious 3d work...yes! :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well the serious 3d work has been on hold again.
The daughter decided to rearrange things for my brother to be able to move through the rooms better in his wheelchair.
And sometimes his walker when he uses it, he may be back here this weekend.
So I am doing what ICan to help.
We are very tired and sore, her and her daughters have been moving furniture and I am moving my stuff around.
He always likes to pop into my room to check on me. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Brother made it home Christmas eve and doing well.
We all had a great Christmas but now I wil be out of action again for a bit.
I always have a cough but lately it is worse, woke yesterday to find it is Pneumonia again.
So I will be on a five day treatment od antibiotics, if not better by then it will be hospital again.
Today I am so sick from coughing and can't work on anything. :(
Will be back when I am better.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh my, what a day this has been.
Up at 2:30 am and on the way to STL (Manchester Surgery) at 3:30 am to get my grandson there in time.
He had to have surgery on his eyes to correct Lazy Eye.

The reason I had to go along was because according to the schedule there would be just enough time to get his surgery, have him awake and head back to Washington, MO in time for my appointments with the lung doc and for a mammogram.

I was so tired by the time I got home I had to have a long nap.

There were several good things came from this early morning doings, now my grandson can look at things with both eyes correctly.
One eye would drift toward the bridge of his nose and the other was starting to rotate upwards.

For me it was to learn that the spot is completely gone from my lung and there is no problems with the lungs now.
There is no problems with the bronchial tubes, I do not have COPD and can stop taking all those inhalers. :)