• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

I just saw this featured picture on Wikipedia:

That one spider monkey looks just like Ken!
It... it's cute anyway.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am thankful my bank is alert to fraud!
This morning someone put two charges on my bank card, one ($15,00) for joining the Lyft Ride in San Francisco and another for actually paying the fare ($85,00) which would have been more than I can afford to lose.
The bank sent an email followed up by a phone call to ask if I had authorized them.
Now my card is locked and a new one will be sent but that created a problem, unable to use card.
We needed groceries so my daughter and her hubby took me to the bank to do a withdrawal there.
A long, 30 miles or more, drive and a long wait in line, then long drive back...I am tired. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Then I had to log on to the online bank to be sure there are no automatic payments coming out soon.
Notified anyone with a payment on that card to wait till new one comes in.

It may have been from when I purchased this computer through Amazon or maybe I still had card info at Renderosity.
I've emailed them yo see how I can check because they have changed the site around and I can't find anything!

Lord, I hate thieves! :mad:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that Fairy Light! HUGS Hope the card comes quickly!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Got the new card.
All purchases from now on will through my Capital One Secured card.
Not gonna use the debit for online stuff from now on.

I do feel a bit sorry that the Uber driver may be out %85.00 dollars but I need my money too.
My best guess is that my card info was still at Rendo and when they were hacked, someone got it.

They won't use it now...hahahah. bank closed that card in a hurry.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think they save card information FL. Not sure if they ever did. I was under the impression, from what I read on other forums, it was a "point of purchase" issue, which means, you fill in your card info and press OK/Buy/Whatever button, and they grab it. I don't think any of this is Renderosity's fault directly.

I'm only using my PayPal account since November, and haven't had a problem since. It's also helping me spread out my buying since I only have a set amount of money in my PayPal account, and have to go through the process of transferring more funds when I run out. It's actually keeping the amount I spend at their store way down from the past few years.

Hornet3d

Wise
Having had my credit cards done more than once myself I am always saddened to hear when anyone else meets the same fate. I know only too well what hassle this causes and, although my credit card company was very good in dismissing the fraudulent amounts, someone down the line losses out.

I never use my debit card for any purchases whether on line or in store as I have so many payments set up on a monthly and yearly basis it would be a nightmare sorting out payments if my account was closed. I only ever use my debit card to draw money from a cash machine and only if there is no one close to me and I mask my pin on every occasion.

Despite the fact that I have have had problems like this with Renderosity I do not feel they are to blame here as I a pretty sure they do not hold credit card information, mind you I am still not shopping there. Amazon does hold card information and I am aware of others who believe that the their security has been breached, problem is, just how do you prove it. I am not defending the thieves in any way but I guess that a corporation as big as and as popular as Amazon is bound to have some issues with fraud, even the banks do. Even if the Internet security is super tight there is still the human factor and unfortunately there are some people you just can't trust. The Internet also makes thinks so much easier as the fraudster is at a distance from the fraud.

Sadly credit card fraud is a fact of life and even if you are not a direct victim, all of us pay for the thieves activity in the long run. All we can do is try and be aware and use what ever precautions to try and avoid defrauded and limit the damage if we are targeted.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well after tracking a few items I bought the same week I realized it was one on Amazon.
They sell items out of San Francisco Bay which is where the Lyft Ride is located.

I immediately removed my card info even though it can't be used any more.
Amazon does not allow Paypal payments which is sad to me, I'd prefer that Paypal be used over using a card.

Within two or three days of a purchase from the one seller my card was charged at Lyft Ride to purchase an account then the person took a long ride.
Thank God my bank sends me daily alerts so I knew the day it was used.
I was waiting for my daughter to go shopping before I replied to the alert but then the bank followed with a phone call.
As a result the card was locked and a new one issued but having to wait a week or so for a new one wouldn't be easy.
So my daughter and her hubby took me to Pacific to withdraw in person enough cash to live on for the week.
A trip that equaled (30 0r 35 miles away) 75 0r more miles on a two way trip.
It is hard for me to travel far without getting very weak and tired so I hated every moment of it. :(

So I lay a curse of boils and pustules that will last a lifetime on the tender private area for a lifetime! Bwaaahahaaaa! :devil"

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry you're going through all this, but thank you for this laugh

So I lay a curse of boils and pustules that will last a lifetime on the tender private area for a lifetime! Bwaaahahaaaa! :devil"

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, I'm happy that it was resolved so quickly with no loss to me.
I do wonder how the thief got the driver to accept just the information from the card without it?
Cab drivers in STL always wanted cash but may be setup for bank or credit cards now.
Still they would expect you to have a card to swipe into their machine thingy.

If I were a cab driver I would be suspicious of anyone who did not have the card but had the information written down or something.
Unless the driver was the hacker thief and entered the information into his meter on his own.

Ah well, alls well that ends well. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was just talking to my daughter about it and she explained how that works.

Lyft Ride has an app you download, enter your card information in and they provide a car, tell you where it is and a key.
You get the car and drive it yourself.

They are more than likely protected against this kind of fraud so they did not lose, I did not lose and someone got a free ride. :laugh:
That is life. :rolleyes:

Hornet3d

Wise
I was just talking to my daughter about it and she explained how that works.

Lyft Ride has an app you download, enter your card information in and they provide a car, tell you where it is and a key.
You get the car and drive it yourself.

They are more than likely protected against this kind of fraud so they did not lose, I did not lose and someone got a free ride. :laugh:
That is life. :rolleyes:

Really glad you did not lose out financially but sadly you paid in other ways. If they are protected against this sort of thing they will spread the cost of that protection across their honest customers. Just like when the banks fouled up it was the savers and the tax payers who had to foot the bill. I wonder where this world would be if none of us had a conscience.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I figured someone at some point will pay,
I remember when folks were pulling the "fall and sue" thing.
Then it was find a reason to sue your doctors, doctor's fees went up because their insurance went up.
Stores raised prices because some people thought it okay to shoplift a few items...after all they wouldn't be missed.
The list goes on how we pay more because some people just don't get it, you take what does not belong to you, you sue falsely or commit fraud, even you will have to pay in higher prices

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Talk about getting into mischief!
We have been sorting, throwing away and packing stuff for a few weeks now.
This house is being sold and we will have to move so we are trying to stay a step ahead on packing.
There was an old dresser (large thing) in my room that had a cracked mirror and drawers that would not close properly.
My daughter gave me two slimmer chest of drawers to replace it.
So in re-arranging my room I decided to also get rid of broken and useless hard drives.
Well today I discovered on was my other external backup drive with tons of items on it.

Thank God I believe in backing up my backups because I do have all the files on my other external...whew!
But now I just feel stupid. :oops:

Hornet3d

Wise
Talk about getting into mischief!
We have been sorting, throwing away and packing stuff for a few weeks now.
This house is being sold and we will have to move so we are trying to stay a step ahead on packing.
There was an old dresser (large thing) in my room that had a cracked mirror and drawers that would not close properly.
My daughter gave me two slimmer chest of drawers to replace it.
So in re-arranging my room I decided to also get rid of broken and useless hard drives.
Well today I discovered on was my other external backup drive with tons of items on it.

Thank God I believe in backing up my backups because I do have all the files on my other external...whew!
But now I just feel stupid. :oops:

I would not feel stupid, having worked in a computer shop I can assure you throwing away drives with useful data is quite common as is deleting information and then having to spend either time, money or both trying to recover it. The difference here is you had the forethought to back up the backups so I would give yourself a pat on the back for that one. I always have multiple backups but only because I have seen so many people loose data over the years. Just as well because I would have lost tons of data when an drive encryption program went pear shaped on me recently.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh my, I have a new addiction worse than my previous one.
And I have to blame Alisa because she got me started by giving me tips on what to do...sigh.

Ever since I got my first copy of Poser I have been addicted to it even though I did try DAZ Studio a few times.
But since I started selling here Alisa encouraged me to add DS compatibility for my products.
Then she proceeded to give me hints and tips to help me make my products work and look better in DS.

I do believe that I am starting to like it better than Poser...HEEELLLLP! :wow:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Stupid idiot got my new card information somehow and hit me with that Lyft Ride charge again. :mad:
I just got the new card this week and have not used it online for any reason.
Now my new card has been locked down and I have to sign a fraud statement this time and will be sent a new card.

May all the nasty boils, pustules, fractured bones and bad luck hit the fool and be with him or her for life! :devil"

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The heavy rain is over and the sun has popped out,
That is a good reason for us to give a happy shout;
The sun will dry up all the flooding rain,
And we'll have dry land once again! :applause:

I did think for awhile that poor cranky old woman, Missouri, was going to be washed away in the floods.
Sure happy to see the sunshine today. :D

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I just finished uploading a new folder and all files needed for a new site.
It will be on my 1and 1 server site as an extra site.
All I need now is to do the html pages for it as it will be hosting all my freesuff.
So that means trying to get it where I can show promos and a download link for each freebie.
It would be nice if I can finish within the next one hundred years. :roflmao:

Well now that's an idea Faery_Light. Maybe I could do the same for my toys. I have MS Visual Studio so creating a web-site is not very hard. Then links to it could be posted here and maybe some other forums. I like this one because there is a resources forum and that makes it easy for members to find stuff. And then there's SKYLAB chat where members look for clues.
If I host my own free-stuff, no worry about the site going down unless I want it to. HA!