• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great news FL. Glad to hear you don't have to take the inhalers any more.

As for your grandson, my nephew had that when he was a child, and they had him wear a patch over his good idea until he could train the "lazy" eye to work correctly. I don't recall how long he had to do that, as this was about 50 years ago, but eventually all was good.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
He had it in both eyes and they tried to "train" each eye but it didn't help.
But they wanted to wait till he was a little older before doing surgery.
The doctor sad now that the is four, he was old enough to do it.

He is feeling better tonight now that the medicine used to knock him out has worn off.
He just has to be watched fr 48 hours to make sure he doesn't rub the eyes or bump his head.
That is a hard thing to do, keep a child with ADHD quiet. :laugh:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh goodness no. That would be almost impossible. A good friend of mine has a son who's ADHD and going on 11. He's "quieted down" a lot in the past few years, but still gets into temper tantrums, and is in a special school. I know she's hoping to mainstream him before he reaches high school, but there's no way of knowing yet whether she'll be successful.

He had it in both eyes and they tried to "train" each eye but it didn't help.
But they wanted to wait till he was a little older before doing surgery.
The doctor sad now that the is four, he was old enough to do it.

He is feeling better tonight now that the medicine used to knock him out has worn off.
He just has to be watched fr 48 hours to make sure he doesn't rub the eyes or bump his head.
That is a hard thing to do, keep a child with ADHD quiet. :laugh:

Oh my. I'm certainly glad things like that weren't done when I was a child. What's that 'attention deficit' ? All depends on what get's one's attention. It was a great fortune to have been born at the time and place I was born. When studying history I realize what a blessing it can be to live in a certain era. Now it's easy to sympathize with the plight of young people whose source of opportunity is rather scarce.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just their way of saying his attention span is very short when hyper active.
The doctor has started him on medication which has helped a lot.
Before the meds he would be constantly in motion, screaming fits and just very difficult to calm down.
One thing you learn, spanking does not help, it makes it worse.
Now he focuses on what he is doing more, less screaming and more playing...lol.

My daughter was not too keen on medicating him.
We've both seen how some schools, parents or foster parents just can't handle normal active kids so get them medicated.
Some kids are medicated to the point they sit and stare into space and do nothing else.
Our doctor is not one to just medicate because a kid is a little more active than usual but in this case it was necessary and he is doing so much better.
He is calmer and still active, just not super active like before.

Chemistry is everything, and everything is chemistry. Now that's a fact. Maybe too much addrenalin.
At the school I attended if you couldn't sit still in your desk you'd be sent out to run around the playground until exhausted. That worked. By middle school I was a track star, ha!
There was a charity event held once where some company would donate a dollar to Polio Research for every lap around the playground any student who participated would run.
They had to make me stop running, it was getting dark.
Now 'attention span' ? I wonder how anyone who watches a lot of Movies or TV can have any attention span. Consider how rapidly things occur in that virtual reality. Not saying these things could cause a chemical imbalance but a normal attention span is giving a lot of young people difficulty with study. So now you have to teach Geometry with Cartoons. Consider Plato's cavemen...

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I wish I'd been following this thread earlier, but I'm glad to hear now that things are on a turn for the better!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
As a general rule I try to just mind my own business, to relax,do my 3d work or play a few games if not read.
But sometimes it doesn't happen that way because there is just so much non-sense I can take.
Then I get mad, my temper flares and there's hell to pay.

Take this morning for instance, I was just sitting back doing a bit of 3d work when the need to go to the bathroom hit.
Fine, I slammed my bare feet onto the floor....annnnnd...something big, crawly and black ran over my toes!
I nearly crapped on myself, I'll tell you because it was a big (as round as a nickle) spider.

I jumped and ran to the door of my room while it (sneaky critter) dashed under my bed.

Well, that was enough of that so I went to the potty and came back soooo mad, grabbed my can of Pledge Lemon Spray wax and squirted it under the bed.
Spider stayed hidden, so I bravely cleared some items away and sprayed the walls (paneled) and under the bed again, around my bed too.
If that sucker comes out of hiding it will get a nasty taste and leave....hahahahaha!

I learned that little trick with Lemon Spray was and tried it several years ago, we have been mostly spider free since then.
It seems those little suckers taste through their feet and hate to crawl through the lemon pledge.

However, I am still looking here and there just waiting for that sneaky little devil to show up, then I will squash the goodies out of it!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
As a general rule I try to just mind my own business, to relax,do my 3d work or play a few games if not read.
But sometimes it doesn't happen that way because there is just so much non-sense I can take.
Then I get mad, my temper flares and there's hell to pay.

Take this morning for instance, I was just sitting back doing a bit of 3d work when the need to go to the bathroom hit.
Fine, I slammed my bare feet onto the floor....annnnnd...something big, crawly and black ran over my toes!
I nearly crapped on myself, I'll tell you because it was a big (as round as a nickle) spider.

I jumped and ran to the door of my room while it (sneaky critter) dashed under my bed.

Well, that was enough of that so I went to the potty and came back soooo mad, grabbed my can of Pledge Lemon Spray wax and squirted it under the bed.
Spider stayed hidden, so I bravely cleared some items away and sprayed the walls (paneled) and under the bed again, around my bed too.
If that sucker comes out of hiding it will get a nasty taste and leave....hahahahaha!

I learned that little trick with Lemon Spray was and tried it several years ago, we have been mostly spider free since then.
It seems those little suckers taste through their feet and hate to crawl through the lemon pledge.

However, I am still looking here and there just waiting for that sneaky little devil to show up, then I will squash the goodies out of it!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Kinda makes me glad I've only got two legs! If it's read your post Faery_Light it should be tunneling it's way out as fast as it's little legs can move. Probably halfway to California by now and thanking it's lucky stars!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oooh....spiders...yucky. Had that happen when I was driving a car...huge one came in through an open window as I was driving. I pulled across so quick and got me and my son out of the car then had to build up the courage to kill it so we could get back in...yucky things! Don't mind bugs but spiders creep me out!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lucky we were still in the car park so mum wasn't going too fast but I pulled down the visor and a huge huntsman was on the back of it. I jumped out of the moving vehicle with the seat belt caught on my foot dragging me (I was hopping) and mum still driving because it all happened so fast. I HATE 8-legged creatures all of them! They have at least 2 legs too many!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, it is almost time for me to go to bed so I hope that furry critter is DEAD!

It has been a busy day with more sorting and packing, almost all done except for essentials.
My brother has been busy with packing his things away and most of it will be taken to his daughter's this weekend.
Of course he had to take a few breaks now and then to rest and try to see how much non-sense he could get away with.
Tall tales and silly remarks, he got in a few nice ones tonight.

My daughter says being in this family is where she got her sarcasm from. :laugh:

Her husband just got home from work and brought her some Codfish which she shared with us.
My brother said Cod comes from the cold waters of Alaska.
I said I didn't know that and remembered Dad fixing Fillet of Sole.
So I asked my brother if he knows what Sole is.
He said it's the bottom of the shoe, I told him keep that up and he'll get the bottom of my shoe upside his head. :roflmao:

He has always been that way and once when he was visiting Mom, Dad and me (we lived in STL) he looked over at me and said, "how about joining me in a cup of coffee?".
Okay, I couldn't let that opportunity pass so I said with a straight face, "Do you think we'll both fit?".
Without missing a beat he answered, "if not we'll use the tub".
Mom had been watching this exchange with a grin but at that she burst out laughing.

I really don't know why my daughter thinks she gets her sarcasm from us. :rolleyes: