• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Minyassa

Enthusiast
It is about time I replaced my thread in the new forum! Here's my thread for my products in the store, to show off and answer any questions anyone may have.

My two newest as of 11/11/16 are Soul Windows, both for M4/V4/K4 and for Dawn/Dusk/Luna. These are sets of 116 hand-painted eye textures, and .mc6 material collections to use for application. A lot of these came from my own collection of character eyes as I pretty much paint a new eye every time I have a new role-playing character that needs to be rendered. The set offers a variety of shades in realistic "human" colors (or elven, or dwarvish, or whoever else you're rendering...) as well as some odd ones for aliens or other creatures, some feline colors based on my studies of real cat eyes, some reptilian-looking eyes in different colors for your dragon folk or demony types, and a set of albino eye colors both fantasy and based on photo studies.

Soul Windows for M4, V4 and K4 - A Minyassa Creation at HiveWire 3D

Soul Windows for Dusk, Dawn, and Baby Luna - A Minyassa Creation at HiveWire 3D

My previous products are also still in the store, and those are my Universal Simple Hair Shader for Poser, and my set of USH Metallics for Poser. These are a system of hair shaders that are partly procedural and partly texture-based, designed to be applied to any transmapped hair model that has vertical or horizontal UVs (some few hair models do not have texture maps that are vertical or horizontal, but most do).

Universal Simple Hair Shader for Poser - A Minyassa 3D Creation

Universal Simple Hair Shader Metallics for Poser - A Minyassa 3D Creation

All of my promotional images were rendered in Poser 9 using 4th generation Daz figures or Dawn/Dusk/Luna. My computer is elderly and still using Windows XP, and in order to save memory I use a lot of procedural shaders (math nodes instead of textures) where I can. I use a fairly simple IDL light setup with a spherical skydome because I don't do baked-in specular or reflections.

I'll be happy to answer any questions people have about how to use my products, and I'd really, really love to see some renders done with them.
http://hivewire3d.com/shop/soul-windows-for-dusk-dawn-and-baby-luna.html

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've thrown the new ones for Dawn, Dusk and Luna in the Wishlist. Need to get my some cash in to get it. I'd like the V4, M4 and K4 set, but not sure I can afford both right now.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
These look great...one question. I notice that you have texture maps for these...soo...I'm thinking that I should be able to use these in DS and just adjust the materials? Would that be correct?

Minyassa

Enthusiast
Yep! And you should be able to apply them using the .mc6 to get them in the right places before you adjust, so you don't have to go file-hunting manually. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Alisa and Minyassa! I was thinking that the .mc6 would at least apply them...that's great to know.