• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

Rhia474

Admirable
Cath, eyes and nail and lip reflection looks fabulous, very professional looking. Incidentally the hair is also great!! I'm still not a fan of that structured eyebrow (specifically the end towards the nose) hopefully it can be shaped a bit?

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
It is Monday and another day in Poser 13 .. this time just 2 area lightings at 19% value ..
I found that there are some issues regarding alpha channels and HDRI + Light emitters that do not pass through alphas and transparency completely and that is a huge BUG ! Alpha in PBR is no a transparency , it is cut out opacity of the model and it sadly don't works correctly in any root or shaders when using HDRI or Light emitters .
so after testing my theory using regular Poser light and Area light , the result was clear .

Who needs textures anymore ? lol

Screenshot 2024-07-08 120706.jpg

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Cath, eyes and nail and lip reflection looks fabulous, very professional looking. Incidentally the hair is also great!! I'm still not a fan of that structured eyebrow (specifically the end towards the nose) hopefully it can be shaped a bit?
Hi @Rhia474 you see everyone have own personal likings regarding things , I will have couple of different morphs for the eyebrows but they stay in the line of the eyebrows as that is a natural line where the eyebrows need to be according to the anatomy of the brown bone.

I have no idea what you looking for so give me some examples what kind of morph you would like to see

the base is this
Screenshot 2024-07-08 125402.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-08 125725.jpg

Last edited:

randym77

It is Monday and another day in Poser 13 .. this time just 2 area lightings at 19% value ..
I found that there are some issues regarding alpha channels and HDRI + Light emitters that do not pass through alphas and transparency completely and that is a huge BUG ! Alpha in PBR is no a transparency , it is cut out opacity of the model and it sadly don't works correctly in any root or shaders when using HDRI or Light emitters .

I wonder if it's being fixed in Poser 14. Still no release date, but they're working on it.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I wonder if it's being fixed in Poser 14. Still no release date, but they're working on it.
Oh so that was knowing issue yes ? please tell me so I don't have to submit it, it is rather important bug , many things depends on it .

Screenshot 2024-07-08 105648.jpg

Rhia474

Admirable
Hi @Rhia474 you see everyone have own personal likings regarding things , I will have couple of different morphs for the eyebrows but they stay in the line of the eyebrows as that is a natural line where the eyebrows need to be according to the anatomy of the brown bone.

I have no idea what you looking for so give me some examples what kind of morph you would like to see

the base is this
View attachment 78974

View attachment 78975
Cath, that base is great on these last images. I probably wasn't clear, what I was asking about is the very strong brow pencil/ makeup, it looks like it is sort of painted on. I never cared for the look, but if a no makeup look is included with just the hairline, that's great. See the attached two pics, how the start of the eyebrows is unstructured and sorta messy? That's what I mean, again, sorry for being unclear.

Attachments

• 67082096-close-up-of-beautiful-eye-of-a-woman.jpg
    67082096-close-up-of-beautiful-eye-of-a-woman.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 38
  • a80baea78fca4e467c0708e8870f4a98.jpg
    a80baea78fca4e467c0708e8870f4a98.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 42

Rhia474

Admirable
Okay, you thought of everything, I'mgood now! :) lol, eyelash adjustability is fabulous!

Also, yup, if you can spare the time, a bug report on posersoftware would be great!

Ghostship

New-Bee
Oh so that was knowing issue yes ? please tell me so I don't have to submit it, it is rather important bug , many things depends on it .

View attachment 78976
That looks like transparency nodes not playing nice with other nodes. If you post your mat setup I might be able to help. Or you could DM me and I could help offline. I never have issues like that with my custom hair/skin combos and using my hair shaders (which are a merch resource)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
That looks like transparency nodes not playing nice with other nodes. If you post your mat setup I might be able to help. Or you could DM me and I could help offline. I never have issues like that with my custom hair/skin combos and using my hair shaders (which are a merch resource)
Hi @Ghostship thank you ! It resolved itself already .. don't know what happened but now everything working just fine again , must be a glitch , I also changed graphic card to RTX 3090 TI only from my 4 Titans X and everything render just fine now with all alpha nodes regardless. I will make more tests with HDRI only to see if any issue occurs again and let you know , thanks for the hand , really appreciate it !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Little progress on stuff , we have heat wave so not easy to work with an oven next to you ..

Poser 13 renders .. my own HDRI maps

HDRI + Area Light

Screenshot 2024-07-15 164242AVA2.jpg

Ava_New_hair_HDRI_Tonemapped2.jpg

HDRI Only
Ava_New_hair_HDRI_Tonemapped2a.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-15 164242AVA2bw.jpg

And made my own Cycles based shader for the hair , render in 2 min in place of 30 m , still trans mapped hair , images tonemapped after.
Some bushy eyebrows as well .

@Rhia474 , the pencil effect comes from the shadows the eyebrows creates , so shutting down shadows for the eyebrows fixed that look.

As usual still work in progress ...

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yup, it's over 100 here and our AC is out, so I tried to render some stuff and just went... nah, later.
Those look lovely. I am such a fan of HDRI now that it works!
I decided to work more at night , tomorrow another hell 4am here and temp feels like 89F , not much relief even at night , Thursday finally better.

Rhia474

Admirable
Yep, those were the eyes missed from P13, definitely a game changer for many (you don't want to know how many renders I wasted until I'm finally happy with the mishmash of shaders i got, courtesy of many threads over at Rendo).
Skin looks just the right balance between dewy and dry, beautiful.

AC got fixed last night finally, just in time for today to be 103. I can think now, yay!