• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
That's really nice! ZB cloth brush, I assume? What I like about this approach is that it doesn't affect/change the topology, like Marvelous Designer does. ^_____^
Yes Zb cloth brush , if you remesh the wrinkles it will be baked in like in MD and death pants , when rigging you can always move the wrinkles when needed and smooth it out , baked wrinkles in topology don't move anywhere , here everything is flexible and move with the animated character as it supposed to and can be still used with dynamic cloth simulation , DS or Poser.

DanaTA

Distinguished
7 ft.? So much for the average Joe! And, not that I'm into horse racing, but I happen to know that jockeys are usually rather on the short and small side. 7 ft.? I don't think there's ever been a 7 ft. jockey!

Dana

xyer0

Brilliant
OK but before, give me your wallet ! :p;)
I've already signed it over! Just waiting on the rigging, like you.
7 ft.? So much for the average Joe! And, not that I'm into horse racing, but I happen to know that jockeys are usually rather on the short and small side. 7 ft.? I don't think there's ever been a 7 ft. jockey!

Dana
Does Shaquille O'Neal count?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 4.51.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 4.51.54 PM.png
    457 KB · Views: 116

DanaTA

Distinguished
OK, I'll have to modify my statement. I don't think there's ever been a 7 ft. professional horse racing jockey.

There have been plenty of tall desk jockeys! And, I don't know what that is...but it looks awkward! I doubt they'd win any races, unless it were a race to get laughs.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, that kind of proves my point, then. I feel bad for that Aussie guy! I'm only 5'6" and I'm struggling to get down below 160 lbs. lately. Warm weather is coming in, though, so I'll be a bit more active...at least doing yardwork. :rolleyes:

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist

Dana
Jockeys are short as that is important to weight as little as possible , Dusk is 6.2 ½ Dawn is 5.8 ½, Genesis figures are Female 5.8 ½ and Male 5.9

Jockeys are from 4 ft 10 in to max 5.7 10 in tall so little shorter than Dawn base.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-22 010543.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-22 010543.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 99

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Well, that kind of proves my point, then. I feel bad for that Aussie guy! I'm only 5'6" and I'm struggling to get down below 160 lbs. lately. Warm weather is coming in, though, so I'll be a bit more active...at least doing yardwork. :rolleyes:

Dana
Well Dana you could be a jockey just shred some winter feathers .. lol. sadly I am taller than you could be not a jockey

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
OK, I'll have to modify my statement. I don't think there's ever been a 7 ft. professional horse racing jockey.

There have been plenty of tall desk jockeys! And, I don't know what that is...but it looks awkward! I doubt they'd win any races, unless it were a race to get laughs.

Dana
Sorry Dana to not be specific .. here you go, remember in virtual world you can be whatever you want !

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-22 013728.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-22 013728.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 109

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I've already signed it over! Just waiting on the rigging, like you.

Does Shaquille O'Neal count?
:laugh: I was just kidding , it was funny expression in the moment .. thanks for the lough ..

Shaquille O'Neal would not win anything on the 1.190 lb horse , he weight probably a lot more than ¼ of the horse

DanaTA

Distinguished
By definition, a desk jockey is "an office worker who sits at a desk, often as contrasted with someone who does more important or active work".
I was talking about that image that was posted of Shaq and that woman. I know what a desk jockey is.

Dana

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Even as a tween I would have been too tall and starting to get too heavy to be a jockey. Luckily there isn't a height or weight restriction on riding, but there was an age one (I think it was 16) to do track work and I was only 13/14 so I did road work instead. The trainer picked me up, I'd ride 2 racehorses, muck out a few stables and have a quick shower before he dropped me off at school lol

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Even as a tween I would have been too tall and starting to get too heavy to be a jockey. Luckily there isn't a height or weight restriction on riding, but there was an age one (I think it was 16) to do track work and I was only 13/14 so I did road work instead. The trainer picked me up, I'd ride 2 racehorses, muck out a few stables and have a quick shower before he dropped me off at school lol
I trained mostly for the junior show jumping competition until my 14, but my Olympic 1980 Gold and silver medalist trainer ( picture below) dropped me in 1984 . He passed away last year. I was going to school together with his sister that when she got me involved with horses .

Attachments

• jan-kowalczyk-87e8af80-ff65-46df-b3cc-9b3a76a556e-resize-750.jpeg
    jan-kowalczyk-87e8af80-ff65-46df-b3cc-9b3a76a556e-resize-750.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 108