• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

Willowisp

Adventurous
I would really want to see more authentic Norse clothing (NOT "Fantasy Viking")

Things like this:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
@AllenArt from Ancient to 1960 means everything lol my favorite Era hahahahah
@Dakorillon (IMArts) I have already 2 outfits for D2F from the 80's for now, I love Victorian clothing, have original historical one for D2M that I did not showed yet. But nice , I will research and pick up something interesting for next projects . The Eskimo clothing sounds interesting , I never saw one . I can't wait for D2M beta rig to show some stuff I made in action.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist

Things like this:

That's beautiful traditional and not fantasy based. I have also on my list traditional Slavic clothing sets.
I think I am going to make some concept tonight, I have a lot of customers from the regions they will enjoy it I guess

thank you so much for sharing the pictures as well !

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you do anything for Harry Horse then I'd love horsey clothing to go with. Especially what they'd wear for the Olympics (Dressage, Show Jumping and Eventing all have different "uniforms"), I think that would be really cool (especially if someone would do tack to match).

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
If you do anything for Harry Horse then I'd love horsey clothing to go with. Especially what they'd wear for the Olympics (Dressage, Show Jumping and Eventing all have different "uniforms"), I think that would be really cool (especially if someone would do tack to match).
Great idea as well .
Thanks !

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Eager
Contributing Artist
just some concept to inspire

Attachments

• 1d402029b6ebea5fc26e9b2f8b839eb5.jpg
    1d402029b6ebea5fc26e9b2f8b839eb5.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 3c7a4c3704426db7ee01770594478b2e.jpg
    3c7a4c3704426db7ee01770594478b2e.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 96
  • bei-yan-0311.jpg
    bei-yan-0311.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 92
  • crystal-fae-crystal-graziano-x-o4vuaxbqig1rwbv1yo1-1280-1.jpg
    crystal-fae-crystal-graziano-x-o4vuaxbqig1rwbv1yo1-1280-1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 97
  • daodao-mao-ps3.jpg
    daodao-mao-ps3.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 96
  • marcelo-m-prado-t-front-1.jpg
    marcelo-m-prado-t-front-1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 96
  • nus-pei-1.jpg
    nus-pei-1.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 91
  • pablo-olivera-sons-of-light-helena-character-design-v-a.jpg
    pablo-olivera-sons-of-light-helena-character-design-v-a.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 110
  • pablo-olivera-sons-of-light-helena-character-design-v-c.jpg
    pablo-olivera-sons-of-light-helena-character-design-v-c.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 121
  • print_nukacola_500x.jpg
    print_nukacola_500x.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 94
  • shin-jeongho-suit-400.jpg
    shin-jeongho-suit-400.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 100
  • wonhong-kim-13.jpg
    wonhong-kim-13.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 101

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Here is my concept for the "Freyja Style" Viking Women's Outfit
Just base modeling and material groups , not textured no thickness on the fabric , OpenGL view Zbrush
Screenshot 2021-04-13 011917.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-13 011213.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-13 011213.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot 2021-04-13 011148.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-13 011148.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot 2021-04-13 011127.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-13 011127.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2021-04-13 011107.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-13 011107.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot 2021-04-13 011035.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-13 011035.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Here is my concept for the "Freyja Style" Viking Women's Outfit
Just base modeling and material groups , not textured no thickness on the fabric , OpenGL view ZbrushView attachment 68485
Love it.
My sister in Law is currently planing a past covid-lockdown party. And she has as theme Norse. The last time she had Médiéval theme. (3 years ago) . Was a lot of fun with médiéval games, food decoration and all those beautiful costumes.
Will be exciting to see whit what she come up here.
I currently looking on Etsy for a great costume. And this is what I have in mind. Simple and authentic.

xyer0

Brilliant
My two cents. The Underworld Death Dealer outfit hasn't been done since V4; so, I hoped it could resurface. I threw in the last entry as a final try for oversized clothes since nobody liked my previous oversized suggestions.:cry:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.11.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.11.55 AM.png
    361 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.12.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.12.37 AM.png
    273.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.13.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.13.07 AM.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.13.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.13.47 AM.png
    271.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.14.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.14.22 AM.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.14.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.14.41 AM.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.15.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.15.25 AM.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.16.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.16.04 AM.png
    433.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.16.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.16.28 AM.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 70

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Love it.
My sister in Law is currently planing a past covid-lockdown party. And she has as theme Norse. The last time she had Médiéval theme. (3 years ago) . Was a lot of fun with médiéval games, food decoration and all those beautiful costumes.
Will be exciting to see whit what she come up here.
I currently looking on Etsy for a great costume. And this is what I have in mind. Simple and authentic.
I made some research yesterday, the clothing was pretty colorful , looks like the style above I made was for the middle class , the costumes online was pretty pricey for this theme , but with some idea it is actually very easy to put together , I hope you find something for yourself and stay safe !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
LOVE it! Now we just need some Thor's Hammer accessories :laugh: The Thor's Hammer was a very important symbol to my ancestors, I got so many of them myself!
Thank you, oh I know that , I did not worked yet on the jewelry or ornaments , it was already almost 3am when I posted , since this is only a base , I want it to look authentic to the last detail , after temporary rigging I will go for the details , but before that I need to do the male first as well, to be continued !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
My two cents. The Underworld Death Dealer outfit hasn't been done since V4; so, I hoped it could resurface. I threw in the last entry as a final try for oversized clothes since nobody liked my previous oversized suggestions.:cry:
There are many styles I would like to make from that, thank you, oversized clothing would be very painful to rig , easy for me to make but for rigging ? :eek: I still have a concept to approach with little oversized techwear , I don't know how it going to behave on the joins , I hope it work out well!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Beautiful ! some of them I see can work for rigging others I need to see it first, the thick arms gonna give me headache while rigging and need to figure out how to approach the fur for both software as it can make it a very heavy load. But probably I am going to figure it out , I like challenges ! thank you for posting ! I can see beautiful renders with that , and for me it need to look realistic for today's standards

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
When doing clothing today, many of them have copyrighted design , so can't be just copied , historical clothing are a different story, so when you post anything, make sure it is not based from any games or other artists, unless you state it is just for an idea and style that you would like to see and then I will work on the unique design in that style.
Keep them coming , and also include some info so I can make deeper research on the subject especially for the historical clothing .
I saw yesterday the new Fantasy TV show while working "The Nevers " very cool outfits in this show

I just realized that the 80's are as far from us today , as the 80's was from 1940 , so what's the style of today ? skinny jeans? t-shirt with sweatpants ? leggings ? I believe the true eye catching fashion stopped in the 60's , everything after is whatever you feel comfortable in.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When doing clothing today, many of them have copyrighted design , so can't be just copied , historical clothing are a different story, so when you post anything, make sure it is not based from any games or other artists, unless you state it is just for an idea and style that you would like to see and then I will work on the unique design in that style.
Keep them coming , and also include some info so I can make deeper research on the subject especially for the historical clothing .
I saw yesterday the new Fantasy TV show while working "The Nevers " very cool outfits in this show

I just realized that the 80's are as far from us today , as the 80's was from 1940 , so what's the style of today ? skinny jeans? t-shirt with sweatpants ? leggings ? I believe the true eye catching fashion stopped in the 60's , everything after is whatever you feel comfortable in.
I totally agree with you. Unless it's some Haute Couture, most clothing is very much the same. t-shirt, sweat shirt or hoodie, Jeans or leggins. (male or female), tennis shoes or flip flops. Children pretty much the same thing. Oh, wait! Pjs...lots of people wear pjs in the daytime, going out. Or Yoga pants.

We used to do a Celtic/King Arthur Faire as a family for a couple years. We wore Irish style chemise, and chitons over them and shawls, simple leather slipper type shoes. The boys had breeches and boots to go with their t-tunics with belts and square cloaks.

Then we switched to a King Henry 8th time-frame, and then we were a gentry family (Lord and Lady Mayor and family). So, hoop-skirts and bodices, various hats, fans and chatelaine keys. The boys in knee breeches and doublets, hosen and boots and hats. Hubby in Long tunic and hosen, boots and Great Coat with chain of office and fancier hat. Lots of fun! We did that for 7 years, we were cast, and sang as a family, rounds, celtic and latin songs. Very expensive! And the kids kept growing! So, I would try to recycle as much as possible for the following year, and then totally new for the next year. And because we wore them for full days for 4 weekends, plus a couple of other special events, they had to be made as Clothing, not just costumes.

xyer0

Brilliant
Cath, please assume that every outfit I post is copyrighted by someone; so, they are meant as inspirations and springboards rather than blueprints. The silhouettes/tailoring and individual ensemble pieces are the main thing to me.