• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
You mean height maps? I thought Superfly in Poser doesn't support micro-poly displacement.
Yes , Not yet but they already working on it .
Until then I will use height maps/bump maps in Poser for the fine details, it will make the work

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Summer is coming lol
just some concept for the beach and working on expression morphs.

Screenshot 2021-04-09 083951A.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-09 060845.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-09 060845.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot 2021-04-09 055910.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-09 055910.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 2021-04-09 054504.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-09 054504.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot 2021-04-09 055318.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-09 055318.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot 2021-04-09 060350.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-09 060350.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot 2021-04-09 082339.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-09 082339.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
That swim wear is just SEXY! Dusk 2.0 will hopefully get some of this love from you honey! XOXO

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Interesting how you are writing it "D2F". I have been using "D2", but now that I think of it, this could also mean Dusk2. D2F kind of removes the ambiguity, and it may sound familiar to those used to the way some company has been naming figures for years.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Interesting how you are writing it "D2F". I have been using "D2", but now that I think of it, this could also mean Dusk2. D2F kind of removes the ambiguity, and it may sound familiar to those used to the way some company has been naming figures for years.
I would not worry about that , D2F & D2M are my names from now on as that make sense without confusion in my book.
People reacting better when I used D2F.. since it is less associated with the negativity surrounding previews stuff.
When the release is official I will use the official name as well . It is good to have a little mystery left to grab other attention.
I know how to work magic in marketing .

Dawn 2.0 Female (D2F) , Dusk 2.0 Male (D2M) , as you mentioned D2 can be anything , so it may be confusing sometimes . D2M people will known that is for a male .
Plus it will eliminate and unlink the stupidity talks with your new stuff like "Dusk of the Dawn", "Dawn of the Walking death" etc.. and make it unique to the figures and easier to search.

I also mapped my D|S.
My Library/People/Dawn/Characters/MEC4D/D2F
My Library/People/Dawn/Characters/MEC4D/D2F/Liu
My Library/People/Dawn/Clothing/MEC4D/D2F
My Library/People/Dawn/Hair/MEC4D/D2F
My Library/People/Dawn/Poses/MEC4D/D2F

looks clean without repeating the names over and over
Unique code for uniq creation

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
That swim wear is just SEXY! Dusk 2.0 will hopefully get some of this love from you honey! XOXO
Thank you Richard , it was based on one of my old beach wear , lazy top and the bottom is kind of half shirts/skirt, but it is just a 30 min concept , I will refine it later in time.

I can't wait to start working on D2M , this is just warming up , I prefer to work on male characters, female characters are much more difficult for me, and people are so picky ( including myself ) when it get about characters and clothing for females.

and BTW I am not making any official promos yet, it is just for internal and for share of my work in progress, Dawn 2.0 is not yet done or released to call it officially , the reason I use only D2F , but that is a good way to attract people and grab their interest, and so far DS community is very positive about what they see as much as in this forum, as now it is a good time for promotion of upcoming Dawn 2.0 and show it to the public what all can be done and how valuable the new figure is , so people get idea and jump on the wagon to support it as well, other way all work for nothing.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Also some of us would rather work with males as well :) I sure do love the Nefertiti though!!
absolutely ! there going to be a lot of it soon for everyone to choice from , at last from my production !
Thank you , Nefertiti going to be special creation .. hopefully the rest of her family as well .
Happy to hear you love her so far .. really appreciate it ! :balloon03:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I would not worry about that , D2F & D2M are my names from now on as that make sense without confusion in my book.
People reacting better when I used D2F.. since it is less associated with the negativity surrounding previews stuff.
When the release is official I will use the official name as well . It is good to have a little mystery left to grab other attention.
I know how to work magic in marketing .

Sounds good to me. I guess you're also right about the stigma attached to the name, so this may help. Lisa wanted to start a "YES campaign" for Dawn2, and this would be a step into that direction. ^^

xyer0

Brilliant
Thanks for explaining your rationale for "D2F." It makes sense to me, and I like standards. I'm adopting "D2F" and "D2M" and will cease using "DD2," which I admit is clumsy.
These are going to be some cool megapacks.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Sounds good to me. I guess you're also right about the stigma attached to the name, so this may help. Lisa wanted to start a "YES campaign" for Dawn2, and this would be a step into that direction. ^^
Nice we understand each other ! I also understand when there is a figure number 1 as Dawn was, same was with Genesis, Victoria and Michael, once there was second version it quickly changed to G2, M2, V2 etc..
but that is of course within the community that know what we talk about .
Lisa is one of the reason I am doing it all too, this figure deserve it as their creators and supporters.

People don't understand that Base Figure is a blank canvas that needs perfect topology and be very well rigged , and good UVs , the rest is the limit of imaginations. Simple ! that why I know D2F and D2M gonna change a lot soon .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
People don't understand that Base Figure is a blank canvas that needs perfect topology and be very well rigged , and good UVs , the rest is the limit of imaginations. Simple ! that why I know D2F and D2M gonna change a lot soon .

I am well aware of this part. People tell me Dawn "cannot have this shape, proportion, or texture", and I go WHAT? I would understand if they were referring to LF, because when I tried to morph her, I found myself fighting the topology and couldn't go far. But Dawn? I made a wide variety of body shapes and proportions, and so did HW, and RawArt. They only way they couldn't reshape Dawn into whatever they wanted would be if they didn't try, or if they didn't look for what others had already created. Just last week I was told at Rendo that DawnSE has no body morphs. Yeaaaahhhh, riiiiiight.... In what cave have these people been living at?

Good news! Made more progress with D2F (I like how that sounds!) facial rig control. It now support symmetry, inverted symmetry, filtering individual movement directions, symmetric resetting, and facial memory dots. You can see the details HERE. :)

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I am well aware of this part. People tell me Dawn "cannot have this shape, proportion, or texture", and I go WHAT? I would understand if they were referring to LF, because when I tried to morph her, I found myself fighting the topology and couldn't go far. But Dawn? I made a wide variety of body shapes and proportions, and so did HW, and RawArt. They only way they couldn't reshape Dawn into whatever they wanted would be if they didn't try, or if they didn't look for what others had already created. Just last week I was told at Rendo that DawnSE has no body morphs. Yeaaaahhhh, riiiiiight.... In what cave have these people been living at?

Good news! Made more progress with D2F (I like how that sounds!) facial rig control. It now support symmetry, inverted symmetry, filtering individual movement directions, symmetry resetting, and facial memory dots. You can see the details HERE. :)
I know and totally agree , it getting me on my nerves when I see talks like that as it did today , but it was about old version of Dawn.
The topology was still as good as today .. you can't win , just ignore

You doing wonderful job on the skript Ken, I am gonna definitely use it in Poser, I am following your thread but not new notifications , just checked and I am watching it .
I am preparing similar thing as well in DS , but for some reason I can get yet the facial rigging dots, everything else working, eyes, head but not facial rigging muscles, a lot of codes so I skip it for later when the facial rigging is final.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You doing wonderful job on the skript Ken, I am gonna definitely use it in Poser, I am following your thread but not new notifications , just checked and I am watching it .
I am preparing similar thing as well in DS , but for some reason I can get yet the facial rigging dots, everything else working, eyes, head but not facial rigging muscles, a lot of codes so I skip it for later when the facial rigging is final.

Thanks! So far everything is working, except for the Face memory dots because I haven't coded those yet. I think I will expand it from the current 16 (4x4) to 25 (5x5). Just the WX interface takes a lot of code when we have so many widgets, but I think 25 should be about good.

I believe D2F is missing some facial bones in my beta version, so I will have to add them later. The number of control points doesn't change the code, so I can write the script independently. The new Face memory dots will come handy, where people will be able to save their expressions straight from the tool. So far it's only for the facial rig, no morphs - but I believe that's the part people will want to save the most.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I believe D2F is missing some facial bones in my beta version, so I will have to add them later. The number of control points doesn't change the code, so I can write the script independently. The new Face memory dots will come handy, where people will be able to save their expressions straight from the tool. So far it's only for the facial rig, no morphs - but I believe that's the part people will want to save the most.
That's great and Yes , there would be more bones for the ears as well and maybe additional in the face, check Paul's last video , maybe it shows there how more bones are set up , can't wait for the final beta on the rigging to start setup all my work , I am half way with each character and clothing .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's great and Yes , there would be more bones for the ears as well and maybe additional in the face, check Paul's last video , maybe it shows there how more bones are set up , can't wait for the final beta on the rigging to start setup all my work , I am half way with each character and clothing .

I think Paul has mentioned bones on the nose, and mine doesn't have any, so I know some are missing. The script will work no matter how many more he adds, so I don't have to wait. I want this tool to make regular face chips a thing of the past. I am designing it in a way I can make versions for other figures with minimal code changes, but for now it's D2F and D2M. ^^