• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED MAT Edit Python Script for Poser 12

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you for all your work on making what was a first class script into something even more special and super useable.

I keep hearing people clinging to Poser 11 because of the old scripts, so I am making an effort to make the transition easier. As opposed to what some may think, Poser 12 has the same hardware requirements as 11, so that is not an issue. If they can run 11, they can run 12. As a matter of fact, one of the things that pushed me to jump into 12 was when I upgraded to an RTX video card, and Poser 11 doesn't support it, but 12 does, and very well. Considering for how long RTX has become the standard, I just couldn't use 11 anymore - at least not for rendering.

The plan is to eventually cover all the missing areas with new scripts for Poser 12, and in some cases, like it already is with MAT Edit, I am making better scripts than we had with P11. My new materials copy & paste is better, faster, and uses less memory than what I had from Dimention3D for Poser 11. I have also added features I consider more essential that were missing in older scripts, like fixing texture gamma, editing the filtering methods, and laying out shader nodes.

Thanks to my collaboration work with the Poser dev team, I am obtaining new functionality not available in Poser Python before. This allows my new tools to perform tasks that were impossible until now. My upcoming magnets tool will include 2 of these - the ability to manipulate weight maps on magnets, and also edit the magnet's list of affected actors. Those are 2 things we couldn't have with Netherwork's Magnet Tool, but that are already working in my new magnets tool for Poser 12. More on this later on. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
I keep hearing people clinging to Poser 11 because of the old scripts, so I am making an effort to make the transition easier. As opposed to what some may think, Poser 12 has the same hardware requirements as 11, so that is not an issue. If they can run 11, they can run 12. As a matter of fact, one of the things that pushed me to jump into 12 was when I upgraded to an RTX video card, and Poser 11 doesn't support it, but 12 does, and very well. Considering for how long RTX has become the standard, I just couldn't use 11 anymore - at least not for rendering.

The plan is to eventually cover all the missing areas with new scripts for Poser 12, and in some cases, like it already is with MAT Edit, I am making better scripts than we had with P11. My new materials copy & paste is better, faster, and uses less memory than what I had from Dimention3D for Poser 11. I have also added features I consider more essential that were missing in older scripts, like fixing texture gamma, editing the filtering methods, and laying out shader nodes.

Thanks to my collaboration work with the Poser dev team, I am obtaining new functionality not available in Poser Python before. This allows my new tools to perform tasks that were impossible until now. My upcoming magnets tool will include 2 of these - the ability to manipulate weight maps on magnets, and also edit the magnet's list of affected actors. Those are 2 things we couldn't have with Netherwork's Magnet Tool, but that are already working in my new magnets tool for Poser 12. More on this later on. :)

As I have most of your scripts so far I am really looking forward to anything you create.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
MAT Edit just got a new update v 1.16.4 with exciting new features and improvements! Requires Poser 12.0.703 or later, taking advantage of brand new PoserPython features, and will not work in older versions. This update is free to all existing owners. Just redownload your purchase, but remember to remove the previous version folder before installing to avoid file versioning issues. If you own my "Script Manager", just CTRL+click the MAT Edit launch button to uninstall it. If not, just follow the instructions from the update email.

Here are some of the highlights:

G7jnh8wU7dXkZni106Q9PWv4FZndxW3JNXmbWJ1U.jpg

* Updated the script to comply with the new Python API in Poser 12.0.703.
* Updated "Fix Legacy Bump" to now affect multiple selections.
* Added pixel scaling support for high DPI 4K monitors.
* Added keyboard shortcut accelerators.
* Added a dockable toggle button.
* Script and sub-panels can now be closed with the ESC key.
* Supports Room switching (requires Poser 12.0.682 or later).
* Updated the documentation.

Enjoy! ^___^