• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lyne is in the Hospital!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
God bless you dear.....my heart goes out to you.
I get depressed just reading about your situation and it actualy puts mine in btter perspective. I love your stick-to-it-ness and courage about all this. Reading bout all the doctor/surgeon problems you have been having I can't help wondering where you live that you are having so many problems. Makes me more thankful living where I do.
Anyway, I pray you good fortune and quick recovery.

Terre

Renowned
If I'm remembering correctly she's in California. Not completely sure though as there are several people here that are from there and I might just be getting her mixed up with them.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It might not be finding a surgeon per se, but finding a cooperative one. Doctors may be unable or unwilling to take a particular case for a variety of reasons: Insurance, age, other health issues, etc...
I have had my fair share of problems with the medical industry myself, and there is no love lost between myself and doctors as a result.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If I'm remembering correctly she's in California. Not completely sure though as there are several people here that are from there and I might just be getting her mixed up with them.
I'm pretty sure she once posted she was in California, but I don't think she ever said specifically where in California, so it's possible she's not near one of the big cities, and considering how hard it is for her to get around, she probably can't get to doctors in one of the bigger cities.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm pretty sure she once posted she was in California, but I don't think she ever said specifically where in California, so it's possible she's not near one of the big cities, and considering how hard it is for her to get around, she probably can't get to doctors in one of the bigger cities.

With programs that offer vans to pick up disabled folks and bring them to doctor appointments and other places, I think it'd be easier getting to them than out in the sticks. Even my home city has that kind of program. I think it's run by Citizens for Citizens, but I think there are other organizations that offer these services.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, actually, I think there's such availability here too, though I don't recall if it's through my insurance company or Medicare. I just remember a friend sending me an email last year about it.

I don't worry about it much, as 3 of my doctors are within walking distance, so I would only need to worry about the other 2, and I only see them once a year.

Terre

Renowned
We have a couple of services like that here. One is a dedicated medical transport company and I think the Senior center center van may also help.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I’m VERY upset... Lyne Masamitsu here-
I'm a bit freaked out as the new surgeon said the WHOLE wound on my back is cancer and IF the plastic surgeon agrees to take me on, I have to go for major surgery as an in patient.... Took doctors 8 months to be honest with me?!
The new surgeon said she thinks none of the surgeon’s got back to me because “ there may not be an optional outcome”?!?
Next step is for her to talk to the plastic surgeon and see IF he’ll take my case, and if so I’ll have to go see him for initial consult...

I’m just beside myself.... talked to a good friend on the phone and cried the shock out... I just did not think I’d be in the hospital again!!!!!!!!

DanaTA

Distinguished
This is awful! I hope the prognosis is actually much better than this once the proper doctor(s) have a better look! Incompetence is the word that comes to mind! 8 months wasted because what...they were afraid to tell you the truth? Or maybe they just didn't know it themselves? I am outraged!

Dana

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Be sure to get a second opinion. We're all here for you. Hospitals suck badddddd. But if you need to you need to.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know how to put into words what I'm feeling right now Lyne, but I will have you in my thoughts.

I truly hope things go quicker than they have up until now.

:grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I don't know how to put into words what I'm feeling right now Lyne, but I will have you in my thoughts.

I am with Miss B - though I feel some doctor in this should lose their license. Similar nonsense happened with my mom. It's why I have little tolerance for medical professionals myself. Rather than give a patient a bad diagnosis and allowing treatment, even if risky, they are too worried about how it looks on their record - so they jerk people around to get them to switch doctors so it's someone else's problem. It's like they don't realize or care that these are people's lives they are playing childish games with.
I sincerely hope you get some Doctors who are no-nonsense and will leave the decision of risk versus payoff up to you.