• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

lol i sometime type and not look at i am doing trying to be clever my kids alwys laughing at me wen i message thm its a higgly piggly but thy seem to read it ok

Hornet3d

Wise
Glad you like it and it works for you, :)

Yes, the dot is more like an oval, this is the overview of one of the maps, so you can see where it is placed. Spinning the dome so that the oval is behind the camera will give you the best gradient, but with it behind the model will also give you a third colour (white) Personally, I'd stick with it behind the camera.
Also, glad to hear you can rotate the other axis, not sure which one would make it bow to the camera (so to speak) but this one will bring that centre line up or down and so you will get more of one colour than the other.

View attachment 34767

I like this package a lot glad I took a risk, if you can call it a risk at this price.

Yep, that is what I am seeing when I can see the dome. If I render with no lights I can't see the dome in preview so I add a light to see and place the dome and then just switch it off before I render. The Y axis dial brings the dome central while the while the Z will tilt the spot towards the camera but it may need some Y trans to get it just right.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yep, that is what I am seeing when I can see the dome. If I render with no lights I can't see the dome in preview so I add a light to see and place the dome and then just switch it off before I render. The Y axis dial brings the dome central while the while the Z will tilt the spot towards the camera but it may need some Y trans to get it just right.

Are you rotating or trans?
If you rotate the Y rotate by 180, it should push it to the opposite side.

OR
you could try and alter the offset in the map node, maybe play around until you get it out of view

upload_2018-2-4_19-40-27.png

Hornet3d

Wise
Are you rotating or trans?
If you rotate the Y rotate by 180, it should push it to the opposite side.

OR
you could try and alter the offset in the map node, maybe play around until you get it out of view

View attachment 34774

For the tests I have run so far I used rotation. I did not think to use offset so I will give that a try, also nice to have more than one tool to use.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist

Hornet3d

Wise
It is rare that I see a product and immediately have a vision in mind on how it can be used or, if clothes, which character it would look good on. Most of my purchases are for content I like and know I will use in the future, not that case with this beautiful dress. I know it will look good on my character and I also want to try it on Glitterati3D's Exotic Adrianne, along with the Summer Alice textures I think it will look great. So another Lilly dress to added to the already large collection in my Dawn runtime.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What is he wearing? I've been looking for something like that for Dusk.
Hey Tana, according to Lyne's notes on the full size render on her site, she used "David3's Country Courtier outfit" which was originally at RDNA but now at DAZ, and then she used Cross Dresser to get it to fit Dusk.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey Tana, according to Lyne's notes on the full size render on her site, she used "David3's Country Courtier outfit" which was originally at RDNA but now at DAZ, and then she used Cross Dresser to get it to fit Dusk.

Thanks Miss B.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
What is he wearing? I've been looking for something like that for Dusk.

CHECK MY GALLERY IMAGE HERE AGAIN...ADDED THE DUSK CREDIT SECTION (cause it needed a correction and addition of credits too, so added that paragraph here...) :)

PS keep in mind I did a LOT of post to make the coat and cravat look like that. I had done a LOT of research on the styles via google... for one thing, like making the top half of the lapel darker, etc.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You did an excellent job of it Lyne. It looks great. I was more into David 4 than David 3, so don't have that outfit.