• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
YAY! good for you, although that tut also shows you how to change a prop to a fig so you can constrain against it, usually in most cases you will be draping to a figure such as v4 or dawn, so you would skip the setup room bit.

If you look at the tut in the dynamics packs, I'm sure I talk about constraining. sometimes you might wanna add or remove areas on a piece of clothing and can be specific to a pose (eg making something fall off one shoulder but not the other)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
oh I have z-brush but don't like it, I only venture in there for bits and bobs, use hexagon mainly, (AND THAT PROGRAMME IS GREAT AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN UPGRADED TIME AND TIME AGAIN)<<<shouts at whoever shelved it :(

I can re-mesh easy enough, but it's the uv-mapping I don't like that comes out of it, MD makes a perfect map and in hex I can tweak till the cows come home and have better control but I find z-brush although can do better maps than hex, you can't (or I can't) tweak it on a point by point basis.

At the moment I probably only use it to polish lol

I don't use ZBrush for UV mapping either I use UV Layout...but ZBrush is the best at remeshing. I like Hex too and before learning to use ZBrush that's what I mainly used...

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I don't use ZBrush for UV mapping either I use UV Layout...but ZBrush is the best at remeshing. I like Hex too and before learning to use ZBrush that's what I mainly used...

I tried the trial to uv-layout and couldn't get on with it, What I love about hex is the ability to pin point things, also the soft selection option is good for morphs, the displacement has brushes so you can do wrinkles if you wished, just have to draw the alpha map, that was all in there years ago, I'm sure before z-brush was popular. I just think the uv-mapping was a bit of a let down and I usually playing around with it for hours. Also I wish there was a tool like polish in there, there is smooth but it adds 4x polys to the mesh, (unless there is something else other than the smooth brush and i don't know about it, lol)

I do like z-brush re-meshing, on version 7 its a lot better, especially along the edges, I do need to use it more, its a waste if I don't. I keep thinking about painting textures and exporting the maps but its another thing to learn lol.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...just goes to show how we're all different Hex used to drive me crazy when I tried to uv map in it.

Painting textures and exporting maps is relatively easy...that was the reason I started using it more. It felt like such a waste to not be using it. Still have lots to learn but I can do a few things in it now.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
@Dawn oooh where/what shoes are those with the jump suit? and hope you saw what I did with the puff ball dress, Dawn! (in the Luna render thread) :)

Oh Lyne, I didn't get back to you on the matter of the shoes, I made those.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Sorry, no plans on doing the shoes at the moment, they need a complete overhaul if i do them.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So beautiful, the lot would be in my cart in a flash but I only use Daz not Poser (goes off to cry at limited funds)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Many of the props work except for the materials...I've even bought one or two of the dynamic items and converted them. (not the long dresses needless to say) I fully understand lack of funds...and the Australian dollar went down from 72 to 70 cents this morning due to what's happening in Korea.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Yep, Pen's right, I converted the Frills and Sills for Luna to DS, very happy with it too.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
For all you DAZ studio users 4.8+ :)

Iray Shader Factory is now in HW store, currently at 25% off introductory sale

Iray Shader Factory - A Lully 3D Creation

A bumper pack of partial Iray shader presets to mix and match.
Presets for many different scale, bump, glossiness, shine, transparency options and more!
Thousands of combinations can be created using this pack.

What's Included & Features

Presets (.duf)
3 Starter Presets
Gloss
Matt
Sateen

Partial Presets
60 Bump Presets including Remove Bump
11 Bump Strengths including Remove Bump Strength
5 Glossiness Presets
15 Image Scale Presets
45 Metallic Shine Patterns with bump, including Remove Shine Pattern and Bump
27 Metallic Shine Colours including Remove Shine Colour
12 Metallic Shine Strengths, including Remove Shine Strength
9 Metallicity Presets
31 Transparency Presets, including Remove Transparency
27 Diffuse Colour Presets
18 Fabrics-Florals Presets
32 Fabrics-Patterned Knit Presets with bump
7 Fabrics-Plain Knit Presets with bump
12 Fabrics-Lace Presets with bump, including Remove Shine and Remove Transparency
20 Fabrics-Patterned Presets
27 Fabrics-Plaid Presets
11 Fabrics-Skin Presets
30 Fabrics-Soft Dye Presets
15 Fabrics-Stripes Presets
25 Fabrics-Weaves Presets

MAIN-NEW.jpg
new number 1.jpg
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg