• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Presets for the Hivewire3D House Cat

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cute render Laurie!
If you're lucky, sometimes a crashed render will be stored in the DAZ temp file directory. Mine is at C:\Users\Top Secret ;)\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\

I can't seem to determine a pattern though, because sometimes a crashed render will show up, other times, not.

Unfortunately it didnt I tried there.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I have the full version of LAMH and dl them over the weekend. Just hadn't had time to try them.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
where do you install this freebie,thanks
Hi Wendi, Welcome to the HIVE.. if you have LAMH player or the full plugin you SHOULD have a folder in your "My Library" Look at my screen grab, notice the path in the address bar.

Path to LAMH Presets.png

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
So I finally got it all working and had a render of the long hair...only for it to crash! I seem to remember that there is a way to recover the partially completed render. Does anyone know how? It took forever to get it to that stage and the render was 71% complete. Any ideas?
I know when we were doing fur presets a few yr ago for a vendor where I used to work, she said that once you apply the fur an something happens, you have to delete all the fur from your scene, all the files it saves during the process, and then reapply it all. There was also no way to save the scene with the fur already applied. You had to save the scene with your figure already posed, then apply the fur once you loaded your scene again.

At least that's how we were doing it a few yr ago. Maybe things have changed.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
If you do the obj or fibermesh export, then you can no longer move the figure and have the hair follow. By default, if you save the scene with the generated fibermesh/obj hair, it will not reload. I have discovered that if you unparent the generated geometry and then save the file, the geometry will re-load when you re-open the file. I usually change the name of the new geometry though, too.

In the folder one higher up than what RAMWolff posted, there is a folder called "geometry." This is the location where the exported hair is stored. Since it does not reload when you re-open the scene, I systematically delete all the files in this folder after closing Studio, as they are unusable in future and just take up (lots of) space. The image files in this folder can also be deleted, as they are re-generated with each hair export. You can save them, though, if you want, and re-apply them to other generated hair presets for an unusual look. I just had a brainstorm, and am now off to check if the texture generated from the HiveWire Big Cat fur export will render as a leopard on other fur presets...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Dang xmasrose!!! This image so compelling. Thanks so much for posting it here for us all to enjoy!

Do some more would ya?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmm very strange ! I have the Player installed and it's listed in the proper folders, but for some reason it's not reading the plugin.

Any suggestions? I'm running 4.8.