• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Presets for the Hivewire3D House Cat

Saiyaness

Motivated
You're all going to hate me...because I uploaded the wrong preset for the Short-Haired Cat. :p

I did a transparent background .png of it yesterday and thought the coat looked a bit "clumpy" and weird. I was doing some renders today and noticed it looked off in these renders too. I thought I uploaded the right one, but I tried my other file, and matched it up to the image I had provided initially for it - and it was a match >_>

The first one is still fine. It just looks a bit clumpier and a bit shorter. The one I had intended for all was slightly longer. Here's a comparison (ignoring the change in DOF). Short and Short2. :p

MainPromoTest.jpg

MainPromoTest2.jpg

Sorry for the massive renders...

Anywho, I'll add the Short2 version to my Deviantart as well for now and you can decide which one you like more. o_O

Colossal Idiot, signing off for now...

LAMH Preset for the Hivewire3D House Cat (Short)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I would keep both actually. If your still working with LAMH perhaps make the long hair more medium and it would be perfect for the kittens.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
oh, and yeah...what gorgeous renders!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Agreed. Saiyaness, these are masterful. They're both impressive. I agree with RAMWolff and Alisa.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I like both too and think they're perfectly fine. There's a place for each of them depending on the scene you're doing. Not everyone has that 'star moment' with perfect hair!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Don't feel bad!!!! I like them both! Def will use the "smoother one" on my white kitty though as she is of course a princess:)