• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Hornet3d

Wise
Very useful, so useful it went into my cart but then I received and email stating that 60 products in my wish list were now on sale at 50% off so sadly the this went into back to the wish list. It will however be in my runtime by next week.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Very useful, so useful it went into my cart but then I received and email stating that 60 products in my wish list were now on sale at 50% off so sadly the this went into back to the wish list. It will however be in my runtime by next week.
Ha! I got an email that says 827 items in my wishlist are on sale! If only I had the money for such a purchase!

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I got an email too, though mine was only for 4 items in my Wishlist so definitely manageable. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's always tough having to choose what offers to pick on Black Friday. Udemi has been selling courses for $5, and the Unity store is running a 90% off sale. It's crazy, and it's not even Christmas yet. LOL

Miss B

CV-BEE
I thought Udemy's classes were $9.99 for Back Friday. Then again, they run sales consistently throughout the year, so if you don't get it today, you could possibly get it next month.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just bought 5 of their Godot and Blender courses for $5 a piece. That's hard to beat.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Just bought 5 of their Godot and Blender courses for $5 a piece. That's hard to beat.
Whoa, nice. Which of the Blender courses did you buy. I ask because I've been taking classes there for 5 years. Just celebrated my ann'y on Tuesday. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
It's always tough having to choose what offers to pick on Black Friday. Udemi has been selling courses for $5, and the Unity store is running a 90% off sale. It's crazy, and it's not even Christmas yet. LOL

My plan is to create another photobook next year, well it is more than a plan really has I have already purchased a voucher for the book which is valid for 3 months. I have done one for the past five or six years although not normally at the start of the year. The reason for doing it this early was down to the fact that the photobooks were 70% off but it also focuses the mind as I try to create new renders or improve some old ones for inclusion for book. The voucher is for a A4 Lay Flat Silver Halide Photo Book with 90 pages which allows for me to create a few landscape renders of twice A4 width. The new content from the wish list will hopefully help with ideas for a few new renders that I can create during the worse few months of weather for the UK. I also think there is more than a passing chance that we will have another lockdown or there will be an increase in restrictions during the winter months so all of this will help keep me busy.

In tandem with the Poser stuff I have also ordered some large diamond paintings so that I have plenty to do if we are forced in doors once more.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I like those diamond paintings. I don't recall who did the first one I saw, but I couldn't believe the detail that was available. I look forward to seeing yours when they're done. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Whoa, nice. Which of the Blender courses did you buy. I ask because I've been taking classes there for 5 years. Just celebrated my ann'y on Tuesday. ;)

From Udemi I've got "Godot Blender Creator", "Blender 2.8 Encyclopedia", and "Ultimate Blender 3D Character Creation & Animation" for $5 a piece. It can't get better than this.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's great because I've never in the 5 years I've been taking classes there, every seen classes for less than $9.99. Did you get a special coupon? If so, good thing you took advantage of it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's great because I've never in the 5 years I've been taking classes there, every seen classes for less than $9.99. Did you get a special coupon? If so, good thing you took advantage of it.

Maybe the price difference is related to the country you are buying from? I have enough training material to keep me busy for quite a while. The main problem with these courses is that both Godot and Blender keep changing all the time, and videos become out of date rather quickly.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know, as I'm doing my first Blender course again because of the brand new Blender UI, which is totally different from the version I was using 5 years ago.

You're also probably correct about the price difference because of where you are located, which may also account for the difference in the spelling of the company name.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Another day, another cool product has reached my store at Renderosity. This is the DUF Pose Converter Python script for Poser 12, which allows batch converting DAZ Studio 4 DUF poses to Poser's native PZ2 format, or just apply them directly to a figure in Poser using simple drag & drop. The joint rotation orders are dynamically converted on the spot to match the currently selected figure in Poser.

Just remember this is a file format converter - it does not make poses made for one figure magically adjust to fit another. From experimentation, I have found out that Genesis 1 and 2 poses work reasonably well with DawnSE, needing only a few adjustments. If your figure has morphs, poses would need adjusting anyway. This also allows me to finally be able to use pose sets for Dawn that only exist in DUF format for DS4. ^___^

Promo_000_300x350_DUFPoseConv.jpg

Here are some of the main features.

Promo_000_1000x1200_DUFPoseConv.jpg

Once you locate the DUF pose your want, just drag & drop it over the drop area in the script, and it instantly applies to the currently selected figure in Poser. In the example below, I am applying Genesis 1 poses to DawnSE, and they work pretty well! This greatly expands my poses library in Poser!

Promo_01_600x800_DUFPoseConv.jpg

If you want to batch-convert an entire set of poses in a folder, you can switch the script options to "Convert DUF Poses" mode, and simply drag & drop the whole batch of poses over the drop area. The script will ask you where you want them to be saved, and convert them all to native PZ2 format. During this operation, the joint rotation orders in the PZ2 files will automatically match the figure you have selected in Poser.

Promo_02_600x800_DUFPoseConv.jpg

There is also an option to automatically place the figure on the floor after a pose is applied, which can save your some extra work.

Promo_03_600x800_DUFPoseConv.jpg

Note that DAZ Studio 4 doesn't need to be installed to use this script in Poser 12. You just need DUF pose files somewhere in your computer, so you can drag them over the drop area. ^___^

You can find the script HERE.

I have recorded a demonstration video to show how to use the script, what features it has, and examples with loading/converting DAZ Studio 4 DUF poses from 3 different figures. Check the video out to learn more about the script with real world examples.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just realized I didn't show the "DUF Prop Converter P12" here at HW. You can get it HERE. You don't need to have DAZ Studio 4 installed to use this script, but you need to have a DS runtime where the contents are installed.

Promo_000_300x350_DUFPropConv.jpg

This tool allows converting DAZ Studio 4 DUF Figures and Props to Poser native PP2 prop format using a simple drag and drop operation. This allows importing things like hair and props from DS4, as well as DUF Material presets, and use then in Poser. Props can be loaded directly into your Poser scene, or saved directly to your Poser library, or both! You have the option to Auto-Parent the prop to the currently selected actor. Then drag & drop existing DUF Material presets to apply them to the imported prop in Poser.

Promo_000_1000x1200_DUFPropConv.jpg

Link your DAZ Studio 4 Runtime folder as an external runtime in Poser, and REUSE all textures without having to move or duplicate them, saving time and disk space.

With simple drag & drop, you can get things like prop or conforming hair from DS4 and bring it directly into Poser, with option to auto-parent it to your figure.

Promo_01_600x800_DUFPropConv.jpg

You can also install the converted prop directly into your Poser runtime of choice, where the geometry will be placed in the proper Geometries folder, and linked to the respective PP2 file, so it can be moved anywhere without breaking the prop.

Promo_02_600x800_DUFPropConv.jpg

In addition to figure and props, you can also drag DUF materials directly into the script to apply them to your prop in Poser.

Promo_03_600x800_DUFPropConv.jpg

If you know how to drag & drop, you know how to use this script. Here's a demo video showing all the features:

You can use this for all sorts of things, like importing hair and props from DS, or bringing conforming cloth from DS to run as dynamic in Poser. This has become of my all-time bestseller script, and I am very thankful for all the positive feedback from the community at Renderosity.

You can get it HERE.

Last edited: