• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Ken1171

Wise
Contributing Artist
I look forward to updating it, as I still haven't quite gotten used to using it.

The Scatter Tool P11 version is still the same as the one posted at the HW store, now transferred to Rendo. The new P12 version ended up being rewritten almost from scratch because of the numerous changes in Poser Python 3, and the several bug fixes on Poser 12 that led to how it is now. There is still a bug on the ZIP installer in Poser 12 that will break any Python script installed with it. It converts all folders to lower case, which breaks Python modules because they are case-sensitive.

Some of the new tools are ready to go, but the current Poser 12 "Early Access" may not be ready for it just yet. Releasing the Scatter Tool for Poser 11 might be Ok, since those things won't affect it. I just need to make a new thumbnail in the Rendo specs, and it should be ready to go. :)

DanaTA

Extraordinary
Yes, it will. I was going to put it in the store last night, but Rendo has changed the way scripts are installed, so I will have to add some code and build a new installer. This is all very new and undocumented, so I am still trying to figure out how it works.
They changed Poser 11 Pro, too? since they've moved on to 12, I didn't think they'd do anything to 11 anymore.

Dana

Ken1171

Wise
Contributing Artist
They changed Poser 11 Pro, too? since they've moved on to 12, I didn't think they'd do anything to 11 anymore.

Dana

I wasn't sure before, but now I know they have only changed Poser 12. I believe there is very little chance they would ever change Poser 11 from now on. That's how I could get the Scatter Tool for Poser 11 so quickly at Rendo. The Poser 12 version is still tangled in the new installer. I couldn't figure it out yet, and there is also the bug that converts all folder names to lowercase, which breaks Python scripts. This is all very new even to Rendo. :)

Ken1171

Wise
Contributing Artist
Alright, the issues with the ZIP installer have been resolved in Poser 12 build 394. I recommend everybody upgrade to that version to make sure you won't have issues installing contents. LockMaster has finished internal beta, and will soon be going Rendo QAV. Looks like it will be the very first Poser 12 plugin to use the new auto-installation process. Bleeding edge new stuff.

Ken1171

Wise
Contributing Artist
Good news! The "Lock Master" plugin for Poser 12 has been released today, and it marks the very first time a Python 3 script has been sold for Poser 12 at Rendo. I am spearheading this market, and counting on you to support me on this brave new world! This also marks the introduction of a whole new ZIP installation process for Python scripts. I have been testing this with Rendo, and it makes the process much simpler now. It can be installed directly from the Poser built-in Rendo store (Purchases tab in your Poser library), or downloaded and installed through "File > Install From ZIP Archive", and it shows in the Scripts menu right away - no need to restart Poser anymore! Rendo had to upgrade their store back end for this to be possible, so Python scripts installation will finally be easy from now on. The Lock Master tool was the very first product to ever use this new process, so I am spearheading this, too! :D

Promo_Thumb300x350.jpg
Video tutorial here. Everything explained in 12 minutes! ^___^