• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Which one?
Whichever one we could convince you to make? It just seems like Dawn could use a good classic Anime Idol style outfit, and you seem to be the person to ask about making one. I would love to see what you come up with based on your anime themed work.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Whichever one we could convince you to make? It just seems like Dawn could use a good classic Anime Idol style outfit, and you seem to be the person to ask about making one. I would love to see what you come up with based on your anime themed work.

If you could show me an example, I could consider it. :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I am most familiar with this from the 80's Anime...

But it could use more flash.
Having trouble finding good references because at some point the usage of Idol in relation to anime seems to have changed... I am refering to the Pop Idol characters common in many Anime of the 70's and 80's, even Mecha anime.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am refering to the Pop Idol characters common in many Anime of the 70's and 80's, even Mecha anime.

Ohh, I know what this is! I think Yamato has tried this many years ago, making an "idol" dress for Aiko. A while later, I did the same for a commission job for NearMe, where the dress had several layers and was a nightmare to rig. Unfortunately, sales were rather low, so I got discouraged to do that again. Apparently, this is a very niche market - more than I anticipated.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wow! I thought 12 was the super special final body type.

Me too, but then I had a sudden muse attack.... :sneaky:

She is so very lovely!! Will this body shape work with the upcoming new Dawn?

Thank you! Nothing made for DawnSE will work on the new one, since she has a different geometry, UVs, skeleton, and grouping. But worry not, I will be making LOTS of new contents for her when she comes out. ^____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can't wait for the new Dawn! She has cleaner edge loop topology and optimized grouping, so she should pose and morph well. This will still take a while for Paul to rig her. I hope it will be still this year. She will be the FIRST HW figure to feature a facial rig. Lots of good stuff! ^____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good news - my store at Rendo is no longer empty! I have a few products showing up there, where the rest is on the way as I make new promos that fit their requirements.

The new Scatter Tool 2.0 for Poser 12 is now complete, and is going through internal beta. I also need to make promos, write the manual (new features!), and record new demo videos.

I have 5 brand new Poser 12 scripts to make life easier, some finished, some on the making. There is some missing features in Poser Python that Rendo is slowly providing, and some tools require them, which kind of holds up development. Some are show-stopping, and some just affect tool performance. Those things should be resolved as Rendo completes the missing features. Rendo has provided me with one of these yesterday, so I can advance the coding further on.

Last but not least, Rendo is changing the way Python scripts are installed in Poser 12, so I have to hold scripts submissions to the store to make sure I understand how it works now. I may have to change the scripts to adapt to the new installation process, and it's all still new to me.

So now you know why I have been silent for the last few weeks - working on the new Scatter Tool, plus 5 brand new automation scripts for Poser 12. From this bunch, I believe the LockMaster will be coming out first, and it features 4 times more functionality than shown in the last demo video. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Will the Scatter Tool for Poser 11 still be available? I don't have the money to upgrade again, just upgraded to 11 a few months ago, and haven't even done anything with it, yet.

Dana

Yes, it will. I was going to put it in the store last night, but Rendo has changed the way scripts are installed, so I will have to add some code and build a new installer. This is all very new and undocumented, so I am still trying to figure out how it works.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I look forward to updating it, as I still haven't quite gotten used to using it.