• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My next upcoming product is the "Figure to Prop" Python script for Poser 12. This tool allows converting Poser figures into props, with options to preserve shapes and materials, as well as welding the resulting geometry into a single piece (good for dynamic cloth simulations).

Promo_000_300x350_FigToProp.jpg

Here are some of the main features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_FigToProp.jpg

One way we can use it is to convert conforming items like weapons or hair to props, so we can move them around and make them fit any figure.

Promo_01_600x800_FigToProp.jpg

We can also convert figures, their clothing and hair into a single prop to save system resources and speed up our scenes if we have many characters on it.

Promo_02_600x800_FigToProp.jpg

We can also use conforming clothing made for a different figure by refitting it and converting it to a welded prop, so we can use it as dynamic cloth, You can watch the video tutorial below.

Promo_03_600x800_FigToProp.jpg

The tool offers many options to how to handle the geometry and materials.

Promo_04_600x800_FigToProp.jpg

The script has been submitted to Renderosity and Poser Software stores, and is awaiting for QAV approval. I will update here when it becomes available.

You can watch the demonstration video here:

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is my 2nd script release for this month - the much anticipated "Unimesh Exporter" for Poser 12. It FINALLY makes it possible (and simple) to export UNIMESH geometry and morph targets straight from Poser, and use them in all other software that require a unimesh workflow, such as DAZ Studio, Blender, and iClone.

Promo_000_300x350_UnimeshExporter.jpg
Here are some of the main features.

Promo_000_1000x1200_UnimeshExporter.jpg

In the example below, I am making a new morph on the figure in Poser using the Morph Tool, exporting to unimesh OBJ using the script, and then loading it back in DAZ Studio 4 to the same figure - and it just works! No exploding figure! This offers the UNIMESH WORKFLOW that was never possible from Poser before.

Promo_01_600x800_UnimeshExporter.jpg

You can finally export a UNIMESH morph target from Poser, sculpt it in Blender, and it won't open holes at unwelded seams, or explode the mesh when you bring it back to Poser or DAZ Studio.

Promo_02_600x800_UnimeshExporter.jpg

Comes with BONUS profiles for 25 popular figures. If a figure is not included, the tool attempts to create one on-the-fly, AUTOMATICALLY, no questions asked.

Promo_03_600x800_UnimeshExporter.jpg

Please note this tool only works with UNIMESH FIGURES - that is, figures whose original OBJ from the Geometries folder in Poser is in a single piece, and not split into body groups as separate meshes. It also requires original geometry that was well-formed and free of anomalies. If the tool attempts to create a profile, and fails, it means that either the figure is not unimesh, or the geometry has unresolved issues that were never addressed. In that case, it becomes impossible to export unimesh geometries out of it because any exports from this mesh result into a vertex count mismatch. I provide a list of 25 figures I know for a fact are supported in the manual, readme file, and at the product front page.

This is the kind of script I wish I had when I first started working with Poser 18 years ago. You can find it HERE, and watch the video demonstration below:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I tested the Unimesh exporter and I must say it is excellent , a must have script !
I could export morphs from Poser to Daz Studio " Dawn 2" without issues, or use it in Zbrush or Blender etc.. works perfect

great work Ken ! congratulations on the first and only proper working unimesh exporter in Poser !

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Cath! This script has previous versions that were more complicated to use for years. This is the culmination of perfecting that version and automating the entire process into just 2-clicks. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Rendo has just informed me that my new script for Poser 12, the "DUF Morph Converter P12" has just been released. This is a companion script for the "DUF Prop Converter P12" that allows converting MORPHS from DAZ Studio 4 DUF to existing converted PP2 props.

Promo_000_300x350_DUFMorphConv.jpg

There are some of the main features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_DUFMorphConv.jpg

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3, with simple drag and drop operation.

Promo_01_600x800_DUFMorphConv.jpg

By default you can transfer ALL morphs, but you can also choose which ones you want to include.

Promo_02_600x800_DUFMorphConv.jpg

The tool transfers not only the morphs, but also the dial groups and min/max values as set in DAZ Studio.

Promo_03_600x800_DUFMorphConv.jpg

This is the perfect companion for the DUF prop converter, expanding its usability. Check it out HERE. You can also check the demo video here to see a general tour on how to use it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been busy indeed! On one hand, last month I had no new products, and in the first 2 weeks of this month, I have 3 new ones. Sometimes the muse takes a vacation, and sometimes she hits all at once. LOL

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today, a customer has identified an issue with the "DUF Morph Converter P12" where some DUF products stored their morphs over multiple folders, which was an unforeseen case. In those cases, the script would only detect morphs from the first folder. Today I have submitted update v1.0.1 that adds support for DUF contents with morphs scattered across multiple folders.

I am just waiting for Rendo to update the store ZIP file, since they don't let us do updates ourselves. If you have already purchased the script, you will receive a notification from Rendo that the product was updated, then you can reinstall it to get the changes. I always recommend removing the previous version before updating to avoid file versioning conflicts, and file duplications. You can use my "Script Manager P12" to quickly do that using the built-in script uninstaller, or do it manually otherwise.

Thanks to customer feedback, the script is now better than before. :D

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today I have released a new script for Poser 12 that was one of the most requested features - the "Script Auto-Launcher P12". Make your favorite Python scripts auto-launch with Poser! Just add them to the list, and turn auto-start on. Next time Poser starts, the scripts will auto-launch with it. You can also launch them immediately, so you don't have to restart Poser. You can enable/disable the list at anytime.

Promo_000_300x350_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

Here are some of the main features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

You can add as many scripts as you wish, and once the auto-launching has been enabled, any scripts you put on the list will auto-start with Poser.

Promo_01_600x800_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

The order the items are in the list define in what order they will be launched, from top to bottom. You also have the choice to launch them all now if you don't want to wait for Poser to restart.

Promo_02_600x800_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

The operation is very simple, and you only need to enable the auto-launcher once. After that, the script doesn't need to be running anymore, and all the scripts you have added to the list will always start with Poser.

Promo_03_600x800_ScriptAutoLauncher.jpg

The only catch is that to enable this functionality, the script needs to add a single line of text to a file placed on the Poser 12 installation folder. If you have Poser installed in the system drive C, the Windows UAC (User Access Control) may prevent the file from being changed, giving an "access denied" to the script. If that happens, you can either try launching Poser "As Administrator", or edit the file manually. I provide instructions on how to do it in the PDF manual. In my computer I have set the UAC to minimum, but the default can be quite paranoid, asking for confirmation even when renaming a file. I have Poser installed in its own drive H:, away from the system drive C:, so I never get those pesky UAC access denied errors. Luckily so far, none of my beta-testers got the error, and neither did the Rendo QAV. But if it happens to you, just follow the simple instructions from the manual. :)

Get the script HERE.

You can watch the video demonstration here:

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ohhh Ken!! You just made me a very happy person!! This will give me a P12 script like Joe's (Netherworks), that I've always used in Poser 11. :D

Yes, I wanted this too, but didn't know how Joe did it. Ironically, he explains how he did it in the manual, but I never looked into it. LOL :roflmao:

Comes down he came into the same issue I did, where the Windows UAC may prevent the script from changing the Poser configuration, and that was by the times of Poser 7. We are now in Poser 12, and the same issue persists. I explain in the manual, and in the demo video how to proceed if the Windows UAC denies access to the Poser configuration. Running Poser "As Administrator" may help, but if it doesn't, we have to add that line to the file manually. Joe has explained the same thing in his script's manual, so it shouldn't be something new for those who have used his scripts in the past.

So many people have asked me to make this script, so here it is! Please leave a positive review if you find it useful. ^____^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I'm sure I will find it useful. I always found Joe's useful.

Do you have any plans on creating more of his scripts for P12? There are 2 others I use on a daily basis in P11 . . . Camera Panel Plus 2014, and the Interface Mods > Slim Parameters Panels.

Here's a couple of screenshots of what they look like:

Camera Panel Plus 2014

Neterworks-CameraPanelPlus2014.jpg

Interface Mods > Slim Parameters Panels

Neterworks-SlimParametersPanels.jpg

I would be eternally grateful if you could come up with scripts like these. :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wow you are doing some great stuff here. I missed the unimesh script before but it's on my wish list now.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B I could make the camera panel, but I find it easier (and quicker) to just use the existing keyboard shortcuts to switch to the desired camera instead. I have used them so much that I ended up memorizing them all. If I forget one, they are all listed in the camera dropdown menu, which is how I came to learn them in the first place. I usually make scripts to accelerate people's workflow, but nothing is faster than then keyboard shortcuts. I wonder how many Poser users would want a camera panel script? Besides the camera switching buttons, does it do anything else?

As for the "Slim Parameters", I rather use the "Dial Master" because it has so many more features to make life easier in Poser. We can search for dials by name, by type, and by value. It takes even less space than the Slim Parameters, and allows dialing multiple parameters at once. It also has key modifiers to set dials straight to max, min, default, and to zero. We also have 4 levels of dialing precision with key modifiers. All the Slim Parameters do is to take less space, so I believe the Dial Master is way more bang for the buck, :)

@Janet Thank you! :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
I only know the shortcut to get back to the Main Camera. I can see the head and hands for the Face and Left/Right Hands, but anything else, like when I need to use the Front camera, etc., I'm sitting their clicking until I see it pop-up. I'll have to check out the shortcut list you mentioned, as that will certainly help.

As far as the Dial Master goes, that looks interesting, but does more than what I use the Slim Parameters Panel for. I just like the smaller, condensed look for the UI, rather than the larger default Parameters Panel. So not sure I'd use this one, but you never know.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When we open the Camera Controls pulldown menu, it shows all the default shortcuts, and we can create new ones, or modify the existing ones. I use the defaults. It doesn't have shortcuts for Aux, Bottom, and Back cameras, but we can create those if you want.

1651762093011.png

The shortcut for the FRONT camera you wanted is easy to remember CTRL+F. The ones for LEFT and RIGHT are just side-by-side in the keyboard, and they are also the last 2 keys on the right (next to the ENTER key), so they are also easy to remember. And if you forget any shortcut, they are just a click away in this menu. I use them all the time, so I can't forget them anymore. :D

One of the main reasons I made the Dial Master was to be able to search and filter dials like we do in DAZ Studio. Below, I have filtered to only show the ones that are not zero, so I can edit only the dials currently in use, filtering out all the rest. Look how little space it takes comparing to the Parameters panel above it. Not to mention it saves us time searching for dials, making it quick and snappy to get straight to the ones we are looking for. Did I mention you can select multiple dials and slide them all at once? I think this is the script I use the most in Poser 12. Saves me a lot of time and frustration when Dawn has dials by the hundreds. ^______^

1651763074581.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I found the list and did a screenshot of it, so I'll always have it handy until I "memorize" them. ;)

As far as the 3 that don't have shortcuts go, I rarely use Aux or Bottom, and since lighting from the Back isn't as good as from the front/Main camera, I usually just give my character a 180 so she's facing backwards, and then I can easily see what's going on with her clothing, pose or whatever from the back.

Oh, and as far as Dial Master, it looks good if that's what you want to use it for. I never upgraded my DS4 Pro from the original version when it first came out, mostly because I lost interest in Genesis after version 2. That's when I went back to Poser, and since getting my current laptop the end of 2019, I never reinstalled any of my DS runtimes, even though my DS3 Advanced was the largest, since most of it (about 98%) were Poser compatible items.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Morph Manager P12

This is a Python script for Poser 12. Requires Poser 12.0.757 or later. It comes with 5 operation modes, each with their specific options, and a smart dial search to choose which dials are to be affected. Get it HERE.

Promo_000_300x350_MorphManager.jpg

Morph Manager automates changing morph dial settings across an entire figure, conforming hair or clothing with 1-click. It can fix incorrect conforming configuration on items when they don't auto-follow the figure morph dials, mass delete or show/hide dials across the entire item, and more!

Here are some of the features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_MorphManager.jpg

Search includes ALL dials, specific one by name, and search partial name by keyword.

Promo_01_600x800_MorphManager.jpg

These are the 5 operation modes:

Promo_02_600x800_MorphManager.jpg

The tasks include setting dial limits, sensibility, delete all dials, a specific one, or selected ones by keyword, fixing conforming parameters when clothing have the morph, but won't follow the figure, and an option globally show/hide dials across the figure.

The tab to show/hide dials include an option affect dials on the BODY group (disabled by default), and also an option to affect transforms dials as well. There is an option to switch between affecting morphs and transforms.

Here is a general description of the interface. From top to bottom, it's the target figure, the dial selection, the operation, the execution button, and finally the status box, which also doubles as a place for hints on how to use the tool.

Promo_03_600x800_MorphManager.jpg

I will be releasing a total of 3 new scripts just to work with morphs, and this is the first one. The second uses a new feature not available in the public Poser version yet, so I will have to wait until Bondware releases the next public update. I am still working on the third script, and they all do with different parts of working morphs: namely the tasks of loading, configuring, and transferring them to clothing.

Get the script HERE. You can watch the video demonstration here:

Last edited: