• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
OMG! Nice. I did a pen and in drawing 30 years ago of a man who called himself THE DREAMER who had a similar set up with how envisioned computers would look like the and mostly AV equipment that he would hook himself up to and record his dreams and edit them and sell them. He was very fat from lack of movement and kept his confining work room/living area very warm so he could lounge/work nude.
I have to find that drawing and see if I can scan it and post it on my gallery. Thanks for posting this a real flashback kick-starter!

Carey

Extraordinary
OMG! Nice. I did a pen and in drawing 30 years ago of a man who called himself THE DREAMER who had a similar set up with how envisioned computers would look like the and mostly AV equipment that he would hook himself up to and record his dreams and edit them and sell them. He was very fat from lack of movement and kept his confining work room/living area very warm so he could lounge/work nude.
I have to find that drawing and see if I can scan it and post it on my gallery. Thanks for posting this a real flashback kick-starter!
funny, we would somehow have a sort of like vision...lol

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Except I am OLDER than you so.....uhm...urm...I had mine first! LOL
Years ago I wrote a poem----from my more productive stoned all the time introspective BLUE PERIOD of how creative ideas are like particles floating in rays of light. We all see them but few actually reach out and grab one. Thus how so many artists create their art......whatever that might be....that is so much similar to other artist's work at about the same time.
But then we could say that one guy did it first and other artists see it years later and redo it...but that wouldn't be fair nor factual because I never posted mine and no way you could have copied the idea! LOL
Better to say like particles of dust in the light.
:) Cheers! :)

Actually this is the second image 3D image that reminded me of my piece and I gotta ask where did you get the computer gear for it just in case I want to redo MY image in 3D (which I am sorry to say I will not be posting here because noone will want to see my bloated nude AVATAR bod on their computer screens! :)

Carey

Extraordinary
Except I am OLDER than you so.....uhm...urm...I had mine first! LOL
Years ago I wrote a poem----from my more productive stoned all the time introspective BLUE PERIOD of how creative ideas are like particles floating in rays of light. We all see them but few actually reach out and grab one. Thus how so many artists create their art......whatever that might be....that is so much similar to other artist's work at about the same time.
But then we could say that one guy did it first and other artists see it years later and redo it...but that wouldn't be fair nor factual because I never posted mine and no way you could have copied the idea! LOL
Better to say like particles of dust in the light.
:) Cheers! :)

Actually this is the second image 3D image that reminded me of my piece and I gotta ask where did you get the computer gear for it just in case I want to redo MY image in 3D (which I am sorry to say I will not be posting here because noone will want to see my bloated nude AVATAR bod on their computer screens! :)
Oh boy, I think I got the computer gear from share CG, But that would only be a guess, see I have had it on my hard drive for about twenty years and never used it. It is by dystopia, hey wait a minute, dystopia sells his work at daz. that is if they are still around. It strikes me as being a free item....

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Think you are right it might be from DAZ or that site announced here as having recently closed down that offered all items on it for $5.00. Never did gt that offer downloaded. Haven't had a working computer to do my Poser stuff in so I figured why bother any more! until the stock market regenerates my portfolio I dare not make any unnecessary purchases.

Carey

Extraordinary
Think you are right it might be from DAZ or that site announced here as having recently closed down that offered all items on it for $5.00. Never did gt that offer downloaded. Haven't had a working computer to do my Poser stuff in so I figured why bother any more! until the stock market regenerates my portfolio I dare not make any unnecessary purchases.
sending best wishes

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Big Blue.

Body of bird is from Shore Birds. Feathers is actually Gloria 1920 Flapper Showgirl Headress made by The_Row-House over at renderosity.

Big Blue 101z.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That headdresss has some amazing colors for the feathers. Didn't think of trying to use them on an actual bird model though.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I'm glad that the birds in our Runtimes no longer have to go hungry. In this scene the Atlantic Puffins have gone to the work of catching European Anchovy for their meals, but a noted thief, the Artic Skua is trying to steal their catch.

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Fish (European Anchovy) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

SBRM Puffins (Atlantic Puffin) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
SBRM Sea Birds 1 (Arctic Skua) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Evening Grandeur by PhotoGG at HiveWire3D

Daisy Fleabane by Flink at Renderosity
Red Feather Clover by Flink at Renderosity
The Outlook by Predatron at DAZ

Thief!
Thief!.jpg