• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Having Ken's fish opens up a lot of possibilities for pictures! This Western Gull has discovered a group of Pacific Sardines & alerted the others in the area to his find.

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Fish (Pacific Sardine) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

SBRM_Seabirds2 (Western Gull) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Piles Of Cotton Clouds by PhotoGG at HiveWire3D

Ron's Splashes 2 by deviney at DAZ
Dolphin by 3D Universe at DAZ
HMS Victory at DAZ

The Lookout
The Lookout.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
These Sandhill Cranes have made their first catch of Pacific Herrings for the day. The Sandhill Cranes are from a planned re-release of Shorebirds Volumes 1-3.

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Fish (Pacific Herring) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

SBRM Shorebirds - Wading Birds (Sandhill Crane) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

SBRM Duck Pond by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Misty Dawn by Sergiy Dobrovolskyy (Renderosity Username: "1971s")

Flight of the Sandhill Cranes
Flight of the Sandhill Crane.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Fantastic Renders guys! Love all the details Flint and those dolphins in the background are wonderful they look so happy, mininessie love the cat's expression and wonderful food fight!

Szark

Awesome
Eurasian Bitterns are from a planned re-release of Shorebirds Volumes 1-3.

I think it is important that folks knew what lengths Ken goes to, to update these for free for folks that already own these. I won't go into details but it is a lot of work. How many vendors out there that do this, not many. I can't thank him enough so I do some renders, here's one I did earlier. ;) Actually I rendered it today as I was waiting for the updated files. :p The improvements are awesome.

Songbird ReMix Shorebirds Volume Two: Herons & Bitterns Songbird ReMix Shorebirds Complete - Ken Gilliland - Shop by Artist - Shop

Nature's Wonders Frogs Nature's Wonders Frogs - A Ken Gilliland Creation at HiveWire 3D

Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies of the World Vol. 1 Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies of the World Vol. 1 - A Ken Gilliland Creation at HiveWire 3D

Attachments

• Watch out Bitterns about Small.jpg
    Watch out Bitterns about Small.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 180

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Nice work! and thank-you for the plug. Szark has seen some of the pain involved in updating this set (which I started updating in January). Unfortunately I've found updating these sets require lots and lots of unforeseen work.

There will probably be a price increase on this series (of about $5 per volume) to help compensate me for all the work I did on this when it is re-released . As previously said, all those who already own it, get free updates.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Eurasian Bitterns are from a planned re-release of Shorebirds Volumes 1-3.

I think it is important that folks knew what lengths Ken goes to, to update these for free for folks that already own these. I won't go into details but it is a lot of work. How many vendors out there that do this, not many. I can't thank him enough so I do some renders, here's one I did earlier. ;) Actually I rendered it today as I was waiting for the updated files. :p The improvements are awesome.

Songbird ReMix Shorebirds Volume Two: Herons & Bitterns Songbird ReMix Shorebirds Complete - Ken Gilliland - Shop by Artist - Shop

Nature's Wonders Frogs Nature's Wonders Frogs - A Ken Gilliland Creation at HiveWire 3D

Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies of the World Vol. 1 Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies of the World Vol. 1 - A Ken Gilliland Creation at HiveWire 3D
Very realistic Szark! Hope you post it on Deviant Art also!!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Nice work... it brought back memories of the first time I saw Jabiru Storks in Belize (Orange Walk District)

Szark

Awesome
thanks Miss B and Ken. Really cracked up the quality settings and it still only took 5.41 mins to render.