• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Szark

Awesome
Thanks Miss B I miss rendering so much but it has been a hectic but productive year. I can't see it getting any better this year but I intend to have the weekends off this year and do stuff for myself for a change. Working all hours isn't good for the body or mind. I need to kick back a bit.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Absolutely. I try to get 8 to 9 hours of sleep every night, even though I might not get to bed until 2:00am, which means I'm rarely up before 10:00am to 11:00am in the morning. In fact, today I didn't get up until almost noon. I didn't sleep well the other night, so I spent the last 2 nights making up for it. Rest is very important, so get as much as you can.

luannemarie

Brilliant
Thank you Szark and Bonnie2001. The background is an actual photo that I took. The posing came about accidentally. I was going to have them sitting side-by-side, but when I first gave them both the pose, and saw it, I really liked it. All I had to do then was move the mom's legs out a bit to fit the child. I must admit, I am very happy with how it turned out.

Szark

Awesome
WOW 2 renders in a month, I need a lie down.

Ken products used:
Red Eared Turtle (adjusted slightly) - Nature's Wonders Turtles - A Ken Gilliland Creation at HiveWire 3D

Trees and plants (adjusted slightly) - Nature's Wonders Big Cypress Habitat - A Ken Gilliland 3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

Duckweed (Adjusted for Iray) - Songbird ReMix Duck Pond - A Ken Gilliland Creation

American Coot - Songbird ReMix Waterfowl Vol 4 - Geese, Loons, Grebes & Coots - A Ken Gilliland 3D Creation

Great Blue Heron (adjusted for Iray) - A Ken Gilliland Creation - Songbird ReMix Shorebirds - Herons

Red Eared Slider 1.jpg

Postwork: Applied Z depth via Iray Canvass
Duckweed Roots on Turtle's back
Particles in the air

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As far as I'm concerned, you can do one every day this month, though you'd probably need to lie down after each one. ;)

Carey

Extraordinary

Ken products used:
Red Eared Turtle (adjusted slightly) - Nature's Wonders Turtles - A Ken Gilliland Creation at HiveWire 3D

Trees and plants (adjusted slightly) - Nature's Wonders Big Cypress Habitat - A Ken Gilliland 3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

Duckweed (Adjusted for Iray) - Songbird ReMix Duck Pond - A Ken Gilliland Creation

American Coot - Songbird ReMix Waterfowl Vol 4 - Geese, Loons, Grebes & Coots - A Ken Gilliland 3D Creation

Great Blue Heron (adjusted for Iray) - A Ken Gilliland Creation - Songbird ReMix Shorebirds - Herons

View attachment 44200

Particles in the air

Ken products used:

View attachment 44200

Particles in the air
excellent!!!!!!

Szark

Awesome
The fig branch was one of my old downloads... I pulled it from my downloads because it had some geometry issues I wanted to fix (and then forgot about it). Maybe I'll take a second look at it this weekend.
Yeah I remember some years back I had to export it out to Blender and then back in to Studio so to get it working. I don't think I have to file anymore.

xmasrose

Eager
Unfortunately I don't seem to have it. That would be great to have it ;).

The fig branch was one of my old downloads... I pulled it from my downloads because it had some geometry issues I wanted to fix (and then forgot about it). Maybe I'll take a second look at it this weekend.