• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Szark

Awesome
Thanks Miss B I miss rendering so much but it has been a hectic but productive year. I can't see it getting any better this year but I intend to have the weekends off this year and do stuff for myself for a change. Working all hours isn't good for the body or mind. I need to kick back a bit.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Absolutely. I try to get 8 to 9 hours of sleep every night, even though I might not get to bed until 2:00am, which means I'm rarely up before 10:00am to 11:00am in the morning. In fact, today I didn't get up until almost noon. I didn't sleep well the other night, so I spent the last 2 nights making up for it. Rest is very important, so get as much as you can.

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Learning Zen
Learning Zen 102z.jpg

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Thank you Szark and Bonnie2001. The background is an actual photo that I took. The posing came about accidentally. I was going to have them sitting side-by-side, but when I first gave them both the pose, and saw it, I really liked it. All I had to do then was move the mom's legs out a bit to fit the child. I must admit, I am very happy with how it turned out.

Szark

Awesome
WOW 2 renders in a month, I need a lie down.

Ken products used:
Red Eared Turtle (adjusted slightly) - Nature's Wonders Turtles - A Ken Gilliland Creation at HiveWire 3D

Trees and plants (adjusted slightly) - Nature's Wonders Big Cypress Habitat - A Ken Gilliland 3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

Duckweed (Adjusted for Iray) - Songbird ReMix Duck Pond - A Ken Gilliland Creation

American Coot - Songbird ReMix Waterfowl Vol 4 - Geese, Loons, Grebes & Coots - A Ken Gilliland 3D Creation

Great Blue Heron (adjusted for Iray) - A Ken Gilliland Creation - Songbird ReMix Shorebirds - Herons

Red Eared Slider 1.jpg

Postwork: Applied Z depth via Iray Canvass
Duckweed Roots on Turtle's back
Particles in the air

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As far as I'm concerned, you can do one every day this month, though you'd probably need to lie down after each one. ;)

Carey

Extraordinary

Ken products used:
Red Eared Turtle (adjusted slightly) - Nature's Wonders Turtles - A Ken Gilliland Creation at HiveWire 3D

Trees and plants (adjusted slightly) - Nature's Wonders Big Cypress Habitat - A Ken Gilliland 3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

Duckweed (Adjusted for Iray) - Songbird ReMix Duck Pond - A Ken Gilliland Creation

American Coot - Songbird ReMix Waterfowl Vol 4 - Geese, Loons, Grebes & Coots - A Ken Gilliland 3D Creation

Great Blue Heron (adjusted for Iray) - A Ken Gilliland Creation - Songbird ReMix Shorebirds - Herons

View attachment 44200

Particles in the air

Ken products used:

View attachment 44200

Particles in the air
excellent!!!!!!

Szark

Awesome
The fig branch was one of my old downloads... I pulled it from my downloads because it had some geometry issues I wanted to fix (and then forgot about it). Maybe I'll take a second look at it this weekend.
Yeah I remember some years back I had to export it out to Blender and then back in to Studio so to get it working. I don't think I have to file anymore.

xmasrose

Eager
Unfortunately I don't seem to have it. That would be great to have it ;).

The fig branch was one of my old downloads... I pulled it from my downloads because it had some geometry issues I wanted to fix (and then forgot about it). Maybe I'll take a second look at it this weekend.