• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The Lilac-breasted Roller is a beautiful, rainbow colored bird with a tail that ends in black streamers.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Africa(Lilac-breasted Roller) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonder Moths of the World Vol. 1 (Small Elephant Hawk) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

My Nature Collection 2 by Gendragon3D JeffersonAF at DAZ
Tropical Acacia Trees by MartinJFrost at DAZ
Legends of Fantasy by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity
ABC's Woodland Dreams by Bez Boardman and Antje Darling at Renderosity

Rainbow Flight
Rainbow Flight.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The Sultan Tit panics in captivity. These lucky birds have just been released.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Paridae of the World (Sultan Tit) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Dawn Special Edition by HiveWire3D at Renderosity
The Face of Asia for Dawn by Virtual World at Renderosity
Eternal Kyra by Fabiana Kofman, FKDesign at Renderosity
Anais by Tipol at Renderosity

The Conservatory Furniture Set by Lully (Dawn Clement) at Renderosity
My Nature Collection by Gendragon3D and JeffersonAF at DAZ
Summer Fantasy 3 by Carole70 at Renderosity

Flight of the Sultans
Flight of the Sultans.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Sultan Tit is the one that sold that set for me. ;)

Same for me... the Sultan Tit is the main reason I created the set. ;)

I guess I'll divulge some of my inside jokes on set choice...

When I left DAZ, the first set I created specifically for Hivewire was "Sparrows of the World". The reason being that the DAZ marketing head told me no more "little brown birds", so of course my first set, after that divorce, was nothing but "little brown birds".

Being a member since 1999, I've always considered Renderosity to be on the "racy" side, and have often wondered that if I want more hits on the images I posted there, I need to create lingerie for my birds. So, for the first set specifically for Renderosity, I created "Paridae" (aka "Tits of the World") . Again, my strange sense of humor at work.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Today is the last day of Ken's Audubon Birthday Sale!

I took artist license with this render. The Acacia Tit is found in Africa. Although the Wisteria is not native there, I thought the combination made a great picture.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Paridae of the World (Acacia Tit) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity
Songbird ReMix Paridae of the World (Lichen Twig) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Lisa's Botanicals - African Lily by Lisas_Botanicals at Renderosity
Lisa's Botanicals - Wisteria by Lisas_Botanicals at Renderosity

Hearts of Africa - Jungle Depths by NapalmArsenal, KageRyu, & Childe of Fyre (formerly at HiveWire3D)
Jungle Vines Moss by Lourdes Mercado at DAZ

Deep in the African Jungle
Deep in the African Jungle.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The Common ChiffChaff gets its name from its repetitive chiff-chaff song.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix European Edition 2 (Common ChiffChaff) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity
Songbird ReMix Paridae of the World (Lichen Twig) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Lisa's Botanicals - Black-Eyed Susan by Lisas_Botanicals at Renderosity

My Little Pond by JeffersonAF at DAZ
ForestScapes Backdrops Volume 1 by Illumination and ImagineX at DAZ

Music In the Mist
Music In the Mist.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Discretion ... is the better part of valor, especially when there is a playful tiger cub around.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Paridae of the World (Grey-crested Tit) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

HiveWire Tiger by HiveWire3D and cwrw at Renderosity
HiveWire Cub by HiveWire3D and cwrw at Renderosity

3D Scenery-WildMossyBambooForest by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
Garden Flowers-Wild Flowers by MartinJFrost at DAZ 3D
Forest Floor by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
Bamboo DR by Raul Lunia (Dinoraul) at Renderosity
Soft Glory Skies by PhotoGG formerly at HiveWire3D
Public Domain Picture from needpix

Discretion
Discretion.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Same for me... the Sultan Tit is the main reason I created the set. ;)

I guess I'll divulge some of my inside jokes on set choice...

When I left DAZ, the first set I created specifically for Hivewire was "Sparrows of the World". The reason being that the DAZ marketing head told me no more "little brown birds", so of course my first set, after that divorce, was nothing but "little brown birds".

Being a member since 1999, I've always considered Renderosity to be on the "racy" side, and have often wondered that if I want more hits on the images I posted there, I need to create lingerie for my birds. So, for the first set specifically for Renderosity, I created "Paridae" (aka "Tits of the World") . Again, my strange sense of humor at work.
You may think your sense of humor is strange, but I'm finding it no stranger than mine. ;)

I've been a member at Renderosity since April 2000 (wow 21 years), but I was mostly there for their Bryce and Photoshop forums, as I wasn't into Poser as yet, so I didn't see anything "racy" back then. Now-a-days, however, that's an understatement.

Kerya

Brilliant

Personally, I love those little brown birds ...
They may be nothing special - at least in colours ore rarity - but they are fun to watch.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
It is great to see more renders at Renderosity with Ken's birds, etc. :)

The California Jay is not only a beautiful bird, it is also very intelligent.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Cool & Unusual Birds (California Jay) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies of the World Vol. 1 (twelve-spotted Skimmer) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Lizards of the World Vol. 3 (Common Wall Lizard) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

DMs Serene Corner by Daniela Hobracht (Danie), Martin Fornoni (marforno) at Renderosity
Garden Flowers-Wall Flowers by MartinJFrost at DAZ
Modualz Flowering Shrubs by Traveler at RDNA (I didn't locate them at DAZ)
Foggy Pastel Backgrounds by Olga Dabrowska (Nakatoni) (these were at Renderosity, but I didn't find them there now)

Floral Beauty
Floral Beauty.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I couldn't resist putting these Varied Tits amongst Lisa's beautiful Cherry Trees.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Paridae of the World (Varied Tit) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity at Renderosity

Lisa's Botanicals Cherry Trees by Lisas_Botanicals at Renderosity

Asian Inspirations-Backgrounds by Susan Justice & Naomi King at Renderosity

In the Pink
In the Pink.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This amazingly marked, colorful bird is the Red-and-Yellow Barbet from Africa.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Africa (Red-and-Yellow Barbet) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Crimson Speckled Flunkey) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

HiveWire Big Cat by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at Renderosity
HiveWire Cub by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at Renderosity

African Acacia Tree by Gendragon3D and JeffersonAF at DAZ
Public Domain Photo from goodfreephotos

Spots and More Spots
Spots and More Spots.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
S/he looks like s/he's wearing a scarf on her/his head that extends around to her/his chest. Very interesting coloring to say the least.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I still have more pictures showing Ken's wonderful birds, to share with you!
This beauty is the Spotted Towhee.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Cool & Unusual Birds (Spotted Towhee) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies of the World Vol. 1 (Swordbearer Emperor) by Ken Gilliland at Renderosity

Lisa's Botanicals - Black-Eyed Susan by Lisas_Botanicals at Renderosity

Wildflowers-Tall Weeds and Seed heads by MartinJFrost at DAZ 3D
Colors of Spring by Susan Justice AKA Sveva at Renderosity

Under Watchful Eyes
Under Watchful Eyes.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Harris's Sparrow is another of the birds in Ken_Gilliland's store, now at Renderosity. The dragonfly is also available there.

Credits:

SBRM Sparrows of the World (Harris's Sparrow) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies (Cardinal Meadowhawk) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Flinks Common Chicory by Flink at Renderosity
Flinks Instant Meadow 2-Weeds 5 by Flink at Renderosity
FS Summer Daze by FrozenStar by FrozenStar at Renderosity

Watchful
Watchful.jpg