• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I gather that those are from a flowering tree (from Hawaii, rather than Australia, although they may have it there as well, by now.). And, like most of Ken's props are designed for close-ups.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I have seen pictures of Australian birds in trees that looked similar though. I wish there were more flowering plants available from Australia.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I have seen pictures of Australian birds in trees that looked similar though. I wish there were more flowering plants available from Australia.
There are a few, though very few flowering plants. I know X-frog's Eucalyptus has flowering material options (although I don't know if they'll hold up too well in close focus). Talking with Stewart (X-frog's CEO) recently, he did mentioned that he's been upgrading all the libraries with high polygon count models over the past few years-- so maybe they're they do hold up better now.

Search DAZ3D under "australia" and/or "outback"; also X-frog (sold through CGTrader) has Australian plants scattered throughout its 3 volume "Oceania" libraries (though they are somewhat expensive and require some conversion/material setup)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I use the Kiwi burrow often for the "wet" areas of Australia... for the dry, outback mallee areas, I use X-frogs Oceania volumes and AMLM's Australian Outback set (DAZ)... I actually used that "outback" set for my Razor Grinder (cicada) render

Cicadas.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The Lyrebird's elegant tails make them stunning beauties!

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Australia Vol 4 (Albert's Lyrebird) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Kiwi Burrow by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Beautiful Nature Trees by Polish at DAZ
Serene Under the Watchful Skies Vol 3 by Syyd at DAZ

Morning Beauty
Morning Beauty.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Here is another of the wonderful Lyrebirds that are now available!

"Straya" is a shortening of "Australia".

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Australia Vol 4 (Superb Lyrebird) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity
Songbird ReMix Australia Vol 2 (Satin Bowerbird) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Variety of Beautiful Plants by Gendragon3D and JeffersonAF at DAZ
XfrogPlants Emu Bush - Eremophila Glabra by Konstantin Kim at CGTrader
Fabulous Forest-02 by Rajesh K Misra formerly at RuntimeDNA

Straya Dream
Straya Dream.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Never having lived in an area where there were Cicadas, all that I knew about them was that they appeared in masses every few years & made a lot of noise. After seeing Ken Gilliland's Cicadas I realized that they were also beautiful!

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Cicadas of the World (Giant Cicada) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Moonbeam's Frosted Dreams by Barnali Bagchi (aka Moonbeam1212) at Renderosity
5 Art Deco SeamlessTiling by Kordouane3D-Design at Renderosity Free Stuff
Artistic Backgrounds 2 by Antje Darling at Renderosity

Beauty of the Giant Cicada
Beauty of the Giant Cicada.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Here' another beauty.

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Cicadas of the World (Large Brown Cicada) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Beautiful Nature Trees by Polish at DAZ
Decorative Pack III Gold Borders by Cyriona at Renderosity Free Stuff
BB Beautiful Bokeh by Bez Boardman at Renderosity

Beauty of the Large Brown Cicada
Beauty of the Large Brown Cicada.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
It was a surprise to me when I found out that Cicadas are even used to create jewelry.

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Cicadas of the World (New Forest Cicada) by Ken _Gilliland

doarte's BACKERS by doarte at Renderosity

Beauty of the New Forest Cicada
Beauty of the New Forest Cicada.jpg