• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Is there a price to pay for Progress

Hornet3d

Wise
.....or maybe what they should do is just give you complete refund for the worthless investment.

There is a growing number of customers demanding just that on the official Hive forum with many stating that the camera in question is just simply not fit for purpose. Some of us can't get it working but those that can report that it is offline more than it is on, not a good trait for a 24/7 security product.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
There is a growing number of customers demanding just that on the official Hive forum with many stating that the camera in question is just simply not fit for purpose. Some of us can't get it working but those that can report that it is offline more than it is on, not a good trait for a 24/7 security product.

Have you thought of trying trading standards?

Hornet3d

Wise
Have you thought of trying trading standards?

Surprisingly I had not thought of that option but now you mention it that could be another road to go down. Hive is a British Gas company, one of the biggest utility companies in the UK for those that don't live in the UK, and I guess I always associated trading standards to much smaller concerns but I can't see any reason why they should not be involved. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Hornet3d

Wise
OK so I tech things have moved on here and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, hoping of course that it is not a train coming the other way. Using what contacts I have that still play with computer building I managed to borrow a PSU so that I could just test to see if the motherboard still looked good. Happily the MB was fine and the same mate happen to have a semi-modular PSU that he had purchased a while back and never used. Using that I now have the old system back up a running again with the exception that the DVD drive does not work as there were not enough sata power supply leads in the right place to connect up. Not an issue though as I cannot see why I would use it as it is my second machine and I mainly use it for budgeting or writing, generally while I have a render cooking.

News on the CCTV is not as good as the original Hive cameras is still not working and to be honest, so many other people have complained I really have no confidence in it. I ordered a new camera, a wi-fi one not linked to Hive, but after a day of playing it I could not get a stable connection to my network. It was not related to the problem I had with the other camera as this could not even hold a Ethernet connection when plug into the back of the router. The supplied manual was poor and the web site no better so this one went straight back for a refund. Next camera was a Wansview as I have two of their cameras running inside the house. This one was a breeze to set up and withing five minutes it was connected to my Network and sending out video. Then the problem hit, as it would not work with the same app as my existing camera and it is a cloud camera and this particular example would not connect to the cloud. The first issue was even trying to get the one month trial set up as this could only be done through the app. After another day of playing I had a great camera for viewing but it was a cloud camera that would not connect to the cloud. That has now been sent back with another refund in the pipe.

So a complete change of direction as I have ordered a full CCTV system with four cameras which are paired with the main unit before they leave the factory. It is self contained with a 1tb hard drive that they recon will give around 15 days of recording before it starts to over write. It only really needs a connection to the Internet for remote access. The most stunning claim to fame is the whole four camera system is just £10 more than I paid for the single Hive camera that started this whole saga. The system is wireless so I only need to put a small hole in the wall for a power lead unlike the other two I tried that would have needed a hole big enough to take the power lead, Ehternet socket and reset button. Fingers crossed I might have it all sorted by the weekend, just don't try and hold me to which weekend.

Terre

Renowned
OK so I tech things have moved on here and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, hoping of course that it is not a train coming the other way. Using what contacts I have that still play with computer building I managed to borrow a PSU so that I could just test to see if the motherboard still looked good. Happily the MB was fine and the same mate happen to have a semi-modular PSU that he had purchased a while back and never used. Using that I now have the old system back up a running again with the exception that the DVD drive does not work as there were not enough sata power supply leads in the right place to connect up. Not an issue though as I cannot see why I would use it as it is my second machine and I mainly use it for budgeting or writing, generally while I have a render cooking.

News on the CCTV is not as good as the original Hive cameras is still not working and to be honest, so many other people have complained I really have no confidence in it. I ordered a new camera, a wi-fi one not linked to Hive, but after a day of playing it I could not get a stable connection to my network. It was not related to the problem I had with the other camera as this could not even hold a Ethernet connection when plug into the back of the router. The supplied manual was poor and the web site no better so this one went straight back for a refund. Next camera was a Wansview as I have two of their cameras running inside the house. This one was a breeze to set up and withing five minutes it was connected to my Network and sending out video. Then the problem hit, as it would not work with the same app as my existing camera and it is a cloud camera and this particular example would not connect to the cloud. The first issue was even trying to get the one month trial set up as this could only be done through the app. After another day of playing I had a great camera for viewing but it was a cloud camera that would not connect to the cloud. That has now been sent back with another refund in the pipe.

So a complete change of direction as I have ordered a full CCTV system with four cameras which are paired with the main unit before they leave the factory. It is self contained with a 1tb hard drive that they recon will give around 15 days of recording before it starts to over write. It only really needs a connection to the Internet for remote access. The most stunning claim to fame is the whole four camera system is just £10 more than I paid for the single Hive camera that started this whole saga. The system is wireless so I only need to put a small hole in the wall for a power lead unlike the other two I tried that would have needed a hole big enough to take the power lead, Ehternet socket and reset button. Fingers crossed I might have it all sorted by the weekend, just don't try and hold me to which weekend.
Good to see things may be improving. Hopefully that will continue.

Hornet3d

Wise
Big step in the right direction today. The HD NVR kit arrived mid morning and within 30 minutes I had the system up and running with all four camera recording. It really was plug and play all I had to do was set up the recording time frames to what I wanted, along with the time and date format. I have taken one camera down to the summer house, so that can cover the back garden, and that was fine. That is the furthest away any of the cameras will be so the signs are good. I also have monitoring system downloaded to my PC so I can perform any checks and changes remotely if required.

After weeks of having the Midas touch in reverse it is so good for something to work as advertised. It has been so easy I am now wondering if it was too easy and that there is a big black hole heading in my direction.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Big step in the right direction today. The HD NVR kit arrived mid morning and within 30 minutes I had the system up and running with all four camera recording. It really was plug and play all I had to do was set up the recording time frames to what I wanted, along with the time and date format. I have taken one camera down to the summer house, so that can cover the back garden, and that was fine. That is the furthest away any of the cameras will be so the signs are good. I also have monitoring system downloaded to my PC so I can perform any checks and changes remotely if required.

After weeks of having the Midas touch in reverse it is so good for something to work as advertised. It has been so easy I am now wondering if it was too easy and that there is a big black hole heading in my direction.
Cool. Glad you got it sorted out. Nothing like after dealing with a lot of problems one can finally get them addressed and fixed in a clean positive way.

Hornet3d

Wise
Just to let you all know, I've at least temporarily removed the posts about guns/gun control...

Thanks, never envisaged the thread would go down that route. I understand the emotions in the debate but venues like this are not going to change such matters.

Hornet3d

Wise
So the CCTV system is up and running with three of the four supplied cameras installed, I am not sure where I am going to put the last one but it would take no more then an hour. Being wireless I have been able to hide the recorder and can do the day to day stuff from my PC including screening playbacks and saving anything of interest to a local drive.

Not that life isn't throwing a few problems in the mix, we purchased an electric fire with the burning log effect, only to find when we unpacked it that the log tray is in about twenty different bits. Need to organise return and the shipment of a replacement so there is little I can do with living room changes for a couple of days at least. Still with any luck that might give me some Poser time. The old PC is still running on the replacement PSU so now all I need do now is sit back and wait for the next disaster.

Terre

Renowned
Just to let you all know, I've at least temporarily removed the posts about guns/gun control...
My oopinion is that those posts should stay gone. I have very strong feelings on that subject but this isn't the right place for such discussions.

Hornet3d

Wise
My oopinion is that those posts should stay gone. I have very strong feelings on that subject but this isn't the right place for such discussions.

It is a subject that trends generate strong feelings on both sides, but I agree, wrong place.

Nod

Adventurous
Surprisingly I had not thought of that option but now you mention it that could be another road to go down. Hive is a British Gas company, one of the biggest utility companies in the UK for those that don't live in the UK, and I guess I always associated trading standards to much smaller concerns but I can't see any reason why they should not be involved. Thank you so much for the suggestion.
Mention the Sale of Goods Act to them. The camera now comes under Not Fit For Purpose, as it clearly doesn't work with the system.
If you get no joy after that, mention Trading Standards. After that, go to Trading Standards.

Hornet3d

Wise
Mention the Sale of Goods Act to them. The camera now comes under Not Fit For Purpose, as it clearly doesn't work with the system.
If you get no joy after that, mention Trading Standards. After that, go to Trading Standards.

That is what I have told Hive I am going to do I am just waiting for their response, assuming that they do response, then again I am not going to stop just because they are ignoring me.

Hornet3d

Wise
I should have learnt my lesson by now but after seeing a fire in the local DIY depot we decided to buy a fire, or would have done except they only have display models and the fires needed to be ordered on line. As I had to order on line anyway I went to a well known global Internet company because they were a good 15% cheaper.

The fire arrived but I had shock when I unpacked it, it is a log burning effect electric fire but the log panel was in pieces.

IMG_20191109_134733 (1).jpg

Doing some research on line showed that, while this is not exactly common, it certainly is not rare either. All the pictures on line showed similar damage so there is either a design flaw or a packaging problem. I requested return and replacement and I have the replacement that is working well but the return is a whole different issue. The supplier stated that they can give no time slot for the collection so that it would be between 08.00 and 20.00 which is annoying but more troublesome is the fact that they cannot even give me a day. I have asked for them to email or call before the collection so I can make sure someone is in. They have already tried a collection without contacting me and I was out. They left a card saying they would make two more attempts so I have stayed in a whole day and no attempt was made.

During a one hour call back with customer services the card pushed through my letter box is wrong, they will make one attempt and if not successful I need to contact them again to request another collection. They then send a request for a collection and the best they can do is ask them to make it ASAP, Their definition of ASAP is usually two days but they cannot promise. I am not even requesting a particular day just asking for a day, any day, to be specified, it can be next week for all I care.

End result is one of us is under literal house arrest for up to three days because this company use a cheap courier to collect faulty or damaged products that they have shipped. The real irony is that the damaged fire was packed and in my hallway on the day the same company delivered the replacement the driver even placed the boxes side by side. In this day and age I cannot see how any company can defend customer service on any level, let alone a well known household name.

Life used to be so simple, you put logs on the fire and set light to them, real sounds, real flames and real heat. Then we find we are damaging the planet so we use technical solutions to ensure we limit the damage. Fine as long as you do not take into account the ten trips to either deliver or collect the fire and you also assume the damage item is recycled. Boy am I feeling my age.

Terre

Renowned
Good grief. WHy didn't the driver have a pickup order for the damaged one when he delivered the replacement? No wonder so many people are surprised with the service they get at the store I work at. We really do try to things right. We don't always succeed but most of the time things come oot well.

Hornet3d

Wise
Good grief. WHy didn't the driver have a pickup order for the damaged one when he delivered the replacement? No wonder so many people are surprised with the service they get at the store I work at. We really do try to things right. We don't always succeed but most of the time things come oot well.

That is an issue that really upsets me, because I can see an item like the flame effect on the fire in store I would prefer to buy from the store. I know I will pay more but that is the price I pay for being able to see and feel the product. If I then go and buy on the Internet eventually the store will go bust and I would the facility of being able to see what I am buying. In this case the store did not stock any of the fires so it had to be ordered on the Internet and then the retailers complain that the high street and shopping centres are dying.