• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Is there a price to pay for Progress

Terre

Renowned
The store should have ordered it for you then. They'd have gotten their markup and you'd have been able to get things straightened out easier if the one they ordered was broken. Not offering to special order items like that which they display but don't stock makes no sense to me at all..

Hornet3d

Wise
Well this is the third day of stating in waiting for someone to collect that faulty fire. The most annoying thing is that the company's defence is that cannot specify a day to which I have countered by saying the only reason they cannot is because the chose not to. Clearly there are any number of ways a specified day for a collection could be made all you have to do is step outside the 'the computer says no' attitude.

What I find most amazing is that no one in customer services appears to be capable/willing to try and see this through the customer's eyes. When asked if they would be happy spending days under house arrest because someone had shipped them a damaged product there is a deadly silence. This from a company I have been ordering from for twenty years, I am not even asking for special treatment just some reasonable customer service.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I feel your pain.

This is Amazon, right? The last time I returned a defective item to Amazon, I was able to set up the return through amazon.com, specify whether I wanted the package picked up or I would drop it off at a UPS location, and print the appropriate label (it was different depending whether it was being picked up or dropped off). Is that an option for you?

One advantage of living in an apartment building is that UPS/FedEx/USPS deliver to and pickup from the building ... sometimes several times a day. So, when we need to send a package out, we can just leave the package with staff in the Lobby. Of course, there are just as many disadvantages as advantages. Like no yard and garden :(

Hornet3d

Wise
It seems a little different in the UK. If not picked up sometime today then I am shipping it back to them via a courier of my choice and they will pick up the bill but why it is me doing the organising is beyond me you would think they had better contacts with couriers than most customers.

I will never again order anything that that is too large to return via my local Post Office, no staying in and only a five minute walk. It just seems that the more technical we become the less we seem able to achieve, or maybe just want to achieve.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
It seems a little different in the UK. If not picked up sometime today then I am shipping it back to them via a courier of my choice and they will pick up the bill but why it is me doing the organising is beyond me you would think they had better contacts with couriers than most customers.

I will never again order anything that that is too large to return via my local Post Office, no staying in and only a five minute walk. It just seems that the more technical we become the less we seem able to achieve, or maybe just want to achieve.

When I had to return something to Amazon that was too big for the post office I was able to return it via a Hermes dropoff point which I found there were a few in the area, the nearest was the next village which actually isn't too bad. You may find that you also have one close by, ours was in the village One Stop shop.

Hornet3d

Wise
When I had to return something to Amazon that was too big for the post office I was able to return it via a Hermes dropoff point which I found there were a few in the area, the nearest was the next village which actually isn't too bad. You may find that you also have one close by, ours was in the village One Stop shop.

Thanks for the tip, clearly people on the forum are far more knowledgeable than members of the customer service team.

Nod

Adventurous

I'm in Scotland and can get Amazon to pick up from the house, pick up from a locker, or a shop on their list. I've had to return a few things to them. It's just a case of printing out the return label.
Mind you, it sounds like your item came from the company and not an Amazon depot?

Nod

Adventurous
That's what I usually do, as I can't usually be bothered waiting for the time slot, so just drop it off when I feel like it. :laugh:

Hornet3d

Wise
Small victories at last. Having booked my own courier the damaged fire was picked up within their specified time slot so my hallway is now clear. The package is in transit and the supplier is processing my claim for the cost of the shipping.

I have now placed the fourth camera on my CCTV system so that is all up and running but still no news on the Hive heap of rubbish. As I suspected the Hive complaints department has ignored my complaint so I now need to take that to the next step. At this point in time the week is looking as it might be a quiet one, so quiet I might even get some Poser time in.

Terre

Renowned
Poser time will be good. Hopefully you can get the rest worked out without too much more trouble.

Hornet3d

Wise
Once again Windows 10 update has decided that I have too much data and trashed a hard drive. I should be getting used to it by now but I get upset every time this happens, this the third time in about a year. How ironic that they give state the reason for the forced updates is so that everyone is protected from the villains at the same level when the forced updates seem to being doing as much, if not more damage, the a lot of the villains.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You mean the Win10 2004 update? My PC had it listed for months, but it never updates for some reason. It just keeps patching 1903 instead. I have read somewhere that 2004 was released too early, and it was recalled because of bugs. Maybe that's why it still keeps 1903 over here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You mean the Win10 2004 update? My PC had it listed for months, but it never updates for some reason. It just keeps patching 1903 instead. I have read somewhere that 2004 was released too early, and it was recalled because of bugs. Maybe that's why it still keeps 1903 over here.
I've also noticed that as well on my Win10 PC. I keep thinking it's going to update when I least expect it, but it hasn't updated to 2004, and it keeps stating my Win10 is up-to-date.

Hornet3d

Wise
It appears to just wipe data with no trace it was ever there or, as on this occasion, it now told me that a drive that was in use is no longer allocated. The two times before the folders were just gone, nothing in the recycle bin just gone. The worse I have had recently was when the 'C' drive (a M.2 SSD) that was working on before the update failed to work afterwards and had to be replaced, now that may have had nothing to do with the update but when so much is going on it makes you wonder. Luckily I have all my data backed up and more recently I have started to add USB SSDs connected to a hub and I disconnect the hub before any update so the drives are not connected when the update takes place.

Another problem that appeared recently is that I am sometimes (about once a week) unable to shut down or restart Windows. I click on the start button, select power and try to select an option but I am unable to select either Sleep, Restart or Shut Down and have to physically power off the computer. One of my friends has had a similar problem while two more have started getting the Blue Screen of Death which it appears is an accepted problem with the update on some computers. My back up Windows 7 machine has no such issues but then it is set up to never update.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't quite remember what was the issue with update 2004, but Microsoft had it recalled until they fix whatever was happening there. What version do you have installed? If it's still 1903, then this is not what is affecting your computer, because I am using that version, and I am not experiencing these issues. I have recently replaced my M.2 system boot drive for a larger one. I have made a clone of it, so I can restore it anywhere else in case of total failure. But if your Windows behaving like that, might not be such a good idea to clone it. At least until you figure out what is causing the havoc.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't quite remember what was the issue with update 2004, but Microsoft had it recalled until they fix whatever was happening there. What version do you have installed? If it's still 1903, then this is not what is affecting your computer, because I am using that version, and I am not experiencing these issues. I have recently replaced my M.2 system boot drive for a larger one. I have made a clone of it, so I can restore it anywhere else in case of total failure. But if your Windows behaving like that, might not be such a good idea to clone it. At least until you figure out what is causing the havoc.

It is Version 2004 and was installed on 23/07/2020 according to the system. OS build is 11041 450. I seem to have updates most weeks usually on a Tuesday. The SSD that stopped working was under warranty and was replaced but had to be returned and tested before they agreed to replace it which I understand but could not wait so I purchased another. When the replacement arrived I did the same as you and used that to clone the C drive but that was about when all this started so I have no real idea if the cloned version is any better.

In fairness my computer runs for quite a few hours everyday and most times it is fine and I like Window 10 even with the odd glitch but I have reached the point that a dread every update because I know it will give me issues.

Hornet3d

Wise
I just remembered the other problem after the update was it lost one of my network locations. I have a Synology NAS system with two 4Tb drives configured as a raid and also another NAS which is a single 1Tb unit connected by ethernet cable. It was there before the update and gone afterwards although the Synology unit is still accessible both network locations can been seen and accessed by my Windows 7 system. I have played with it for a few hours by Windows 10 refuses to see the 1Tb as connected. The only access I have is by using Multiplicity to link the two systems.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ouch, so you were unfortunate enough to get update 2004 installed. That might be what's causing the issues. Luckily for me, Windows decided to skip that version for now. It has been showing the update for several weeks, but won't install it. Instead, I keep getting 1903 updates. Got some last night, so I assume Microsoft might not have 2004 fixed just yet. I read somewhere that they had it rushed out, and it ended badly, being recalled the next day. My PC wasn't scheduled for updates when this happened, so I was lucky.

Microsoft has been migrating to a different kind of network that seems to be incompatible with Win7. You might have noticed they have removed "HomeGroup", so things now work differently in Win10. I am not sure how incompatible this is with Win7, since I haven't used it for years now, but judging by what you said, it might be incompatible. I am not even sure if Win7 is still supported, so they might not care for compatibility at this point.