• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Iray and 2d textures...

brian foley

I own ParticleFX for DS...

The only thang stopping us from bringing this back to DS is this IRAY shader thing...

All of my textures are 2d and my plugin uses mip mapping to help push the effects nodes...
The problem is I havent found a good enough tutorial on converting over to IRAY...If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be so gratefull...

One of the problems is that the effects plugin doesnt register as an object in 3dspace...We use instancing...hence the first object isnt an object but an instance...I know it still boggles my pathetic mind but there has to be a way...

brian foley

ok I have a timed out plugin for you...Good till January 2017...
You will be the first Beta tester on the original plugin released by me...

Granted this plugin has gone way past this plugin I am giving you...This is just the based down version...
Just enough to get IRAY working...Once we get IRAY working I will make all before and new testers active...

I need you to message me here on HW for I need your email address for Dropbox...If you dont have it...Get it its great and free...

Szark

Awesome
One of the problems is that the effects plugin doesnt register as an object in 3dspace...We use instancing...hence the first object isnt an object but an instance...I know it still boggles my pathetic mind but there has to be a way...

So where is the actual geometry Brian or is the script drawing from the Create New Primitive function? This is a brain teaser alright.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Mipmapping is normally used on dds files what type of image files are you using to get mipmaps?

Bejaymac

Inspired
Pen you have been using mipmaps for as long as you have been using DS, 3Delight can't use any of the formats we plug into a surface, instead it converts all of them with TDLMake, the TDL is a compressed, mipmapped TIF format, the further from the camera the surface is the further down the mips gets used in the render.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Pen you have been using mipmaps for as long as you have been using DS, 3Delight can't use any of the formats we plug into a surface, instead it converts all of them with TDLMake, the TDL is a compressed, mipmapped TIF format, the further from the camera the surface is the further down the mips gets used in the render.
Didn't realise that Bejaymac and Szark, but I've been using mip maps longer than that 'cause I used them in the Elder Scroll games when doing textures. I'd forgotten that TIF's can use them as well I used to use the DDS file type version though...I've never really gone as deep into the workings of DS as both of you gentlemen have.

brian foley

"So where is the actual geometry Brian or is the script drawing from the Create New Primitive function? This is a brain teaser alright."

There is a geometry folder in the files I gave you...The plugin pulls from that folder...

Szark

Awesome
Hey not sorry needed. I just tend to ask and then find the answers myself. :) I have responded to your email and tried to dig in to the solution but as of yet I can''t see one.

brian foley

I have emailed my previous developer asking if he has had any insight on the inner workings of IRAY...Since he was a developer for DS and Bryce for DAZ I am hoping he has had some experience with IRAY on his new projects...
What gets me is you said we have to convert HAIR(Node based ...?)into an object in scene to render...?
Well we have no actual objects in scene...
Why does 3delight see them and Iray doesnt...?
Thats not only the question but the answer too...