• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Iray and 2d textures...

Szark

Awesome
3DL and Hair uses what they call rCurves, coding the makes the render engine render the hair. So with the coding and render engine working togther we can have hair without the actual geometry hence way we can't see the hair in the viewport window until it is rendered. :)

But with this set the Geometry is instanced outside DS with code. So this set relies on Geometry where the Hair doesn't in 3DL. Does that make sense?

brian foley

So...What We need to do is get an sdk of IRAY and implement...Non objects...If it works in 3delight it can work in IRAy right..?
So instanced outside of DS yes with code...

brian foley

My posts on DAZ have been removed these last few days due to NDA violations they think I have done...
I hired a DAZ programmer with DAN and CHRIS's permisission as long as it was on his own time...The new DAZ think that since I did that I am still under an NDA with them and I cant talk about it...WRONG...Read the fine print my friends...I put a little line in all of my NDA's that state if said company is sold my NDA's become null and void without my written permission...I dont have an NDA with DAZ anymore and to tell you the truth...It most likely wont happen again...Sad because ParticleFX and DS go hand in hand...I am so tired of this...
I have owned the source code for 5 years and its been in dev since then to make a better product...

Szark

Awesome
good choice and that is the question can it be done the same way in Iray, and no ones seems to be able or want to answer.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So then does iRay make use of Mipmapping? Just curious. Busy rendering out promo's right now for my Strands pack but am looking over the "new posts" here at the Hive.... Seems like an interesting thread!

brian foley

I dont think its a mipmapping problem...Because my Plugin handles the Mipmapping all done internal without DAZ..
I feel it comes down to a non object in the scene..If 3delight can handle it IRAY should...
No answers from the dev team at Nvidia because DS isnt high on their list to fix...I just want to see the internal workings of IRAY and maybe with a little line of code this can be fixed...Heck not like we are MAX or Maya...

brian foley

Sad Thats probably why I havent had any contact with the programmers from Nvidia..
For the DAZ thing well looks like my posting privelages will be revoked...

brian foley

Sad Sad day when I get revoked...
Been with DAZ since inception since day one...Anyone remember Zygote...?
That tells you how long I have been in the DAZ circle...

What more can I say...Been alpha and beta tester on all of DAZ programs...Every freakin one of them...
AND to be told by a MOD that he will revoke my privledges because I mentioned I hired a DAZ Programmer...
It was outside of DAZ and I had the permission of both owners at that time...Dan and Chris rock...

So what did I say to him...Call me and we will talk..I Know the Mod...

brian foley

I dont know but if maybe we can get an SDK of IRAY then this can be fixed...
Would open alot of interesting options for DS...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Sounds like you got the shaft Brian. I'm so sorry you had to go through that!