• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, two shoulders but keep the angled neckline, if that's possible, maybe by adding the other shoulder/sleeve and tucking it in under what you have now, so the edge around under the other arm still shows. Maybe even cutting under the right arm a drop lower too.

Sorry, not sure if I'm describing exactly what I'm seeing in my minds eye.

ImagineX

Admirable
Ohhhh, two shoulders but keep the angled neckline, if that's possible, maybe by adding the other shoulder/sleeve and tucking it in under what you have now, so the edge around under the other arm still shows. Maybe even cutting under the right arm a drop lower too.

Sorry, not sure if I'm describing exactly what I'm seeing in my minds eye.

Once my head stops spinning - I bet it's a good idea you are describing :giggle: :giggle: o_O :D

ImagineX

Admirable
How about adding the two shoulder as an option so everyone gets the kind of dress that we want. That way the dress would be more versatile.

I don't see why I couldn't do that. I am finishing up another environment now - then I will be back to working on the dress. I think I could have a couple of wear options for the dress such as off right shoulder, off left shoulder, on shoulders and even off both shoulders - also to include several texture options as well. This would be a DS product only though, because at this time I do not own Poser.

ImagineX

Admirable
Here are some sneak peaks of the latest environment for DS. It is completely modular, can be built wall by wall or load an unfurnished scene subset, or a completely furnished subset. All props are stand alone as well. There are several MAT presets such as 5 different floors, 4 different wall textures/colors, several fabric colors and patterns for the bedding etc. On / Off preset for the fire, TV and Lamps. On / Off controls for ceiling lights. Ceiling tray lighting for mood is also controllable. Intensity presets as well. Shades Open / Close parameter as well.

Flr_Lft_Wall.jpg
Flr_Lft_Wall_BK_Wall.jpg
Flr_Lft_Wall_BK_Wall_Frt_Wall.jpg

3 of the 4 walls. Just finished the ceiling tray, emissives and recessed lights. Modeled the bed and other furnishings - Working on some textures now.

Miss B

CV-BEE
How about adding the two shoulder as an option so everyone gets the kind of dress that we want. That way the dress would be more versatile.
I have to agree CB. I probably would've mentioned it in my earlier comment, but I was having a hard time verbalizing what I was visualizing. ~LOL~

ImagineX

Admirable
Still working on Textures / Materials / MAT Presets. I have more props modeled for the room which I still need to unwrap and texture and place etc. It's coming along fairly quickly though.
Pillows are too glossy still, the first blanket needs to smoothed out - I will smooth that out with the sculpting tool in Blender and re-import.

Textured Room.jpg

Both pics show the ceiling tray lights on maximum with all others at minimum

Textured Room 02.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good, and another thought I just had when CB mentioned versatility, you could always make the right shoulder the solid color, without the design/transparency, as well as the same design/transparency as the rest of the dress. Just a thought. This one at least made sense, I hope. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I just noticed the two renders of the room. WOW, I wouldn't mind having a room like that for myself. ;)

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I don't see why I couldn't do that. I am finishing up another environment now - then I will be back to working on the dress. I think I could have a couple of wear options for the dress such as off right shoulder, off left shoulder, on shoulders and even off both shoulders - also to include several texture options as well. This would be a DS product only though, because at this time I do not own Poser.
That would be great! I am solely a DS user since I'm having trouble adapting to the UI in Poser. I would be happy to do some images for you with the dress on Dawn SE if you would like.

ImagineX

Admirable
That would be great! I am solely a DS user since I'm having trouble adapting to the UI in Poser. I would be happy to do some images for you with the dress on Dawn SE if you would like.

I think that sounds great! I am trying to get the weight mapping correct between the legs - having some issues. I would love to see some renders from you with Dawn and the dress!!

ImagineX

Admirable
I think I am going to ditch the idea for the dress all together. The weight mapping is just a nightmare. Not worth my time. I have tried and tried, but I just cannot grasp the logic of DS when it comes to weight mapping. I may be stupid, but I can't find any tutorials that actually help - so I am done! It could've been a nice dress, but I have products that can actually be completed AND make money.:(:notworthy::cry:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Imagine X...I don't have a lot of time but would you like me to have a look? Generally the templates give a reasonable start but you need to turn on smoothing mode and do some smoothing while there are different rotations dialled in. Also try some of the different fall offs to see which one works best. I'm not an expert....but happy to have a quick look.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I agree! Smoothing and push modifiers go a long way. Deformers can help also, atleast that's what I have read from some tutorials I've been looking at trying to learn how to make stuff like clothes.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey Cajun...I'm not talking about using a smoothing modifier but using the smoothing mode while using the weight map brush tool. If you right click while it is in weight map mode you can choose between painting or smoothing. You can also choose different fall offs for the brush. Sorry if I confused any one...

Smoothing modifiers and push modifiers are great when working with clothing but for a commercial product the weight maps need to be right. When you use the templates they will get you close but you will still need to fiddle with the maps a bit.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Hey Cajun...I'm not talking about using a smoothing modifier but using the smoothing mode while using the weight map brush tool. If you right click while it is in weight map mode you can choose between painting or smoothing. You can also choose different fall offs for the brush. Sorry if I confused any one...

Smoothing modifiers and push modifiers are great when working with clothing but for a commercial product the weight maps need to be right. When you use the templates they will get you close but you will still need to fiddle with the maps a bit.
I'm very sorry. I get those confused.