• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

ImagineX

Admirable
This is the Off Shoulder Dress for Dawn I am currently working on. I have several other textures to test out - this is only one. The pink metallic texture is also alpha mapped so the vine pattern is see through. I will have many texture and preset options available. Both Iray and 3Delight. I have not completed fabric wrinkles on the arm sleeve at this time. I am also refining the cut out portion on her shoulder.

Green cotton NO ALPHA 02.jpg
Green cotton NO ALPHA.jpg
Green metallic NO ALPHA.jpg
Pink metallic with ALPHA.jpg

ImagineX

Admirable
There's nothing "revealing" about any portion of it, so what's not to like.

That is true - I just thought some may find it a bit much. I realize you can't see anything you shouldn't see, but I want this to be an all purpose type dress, not over sexy etc. I will include multiple textures, styles etc. So I guess it could work :)

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
That is true - I just thought some may find it a bit much. I realize you can't see anything you shouldn't see, but I want this to be an all purpose type dress, not over sexy etc. I will include multiple textures, styles etc. So I guess it could work :)
You can include a tights set too if people want to cover up more and it would add more versatility to the outfit. That way they can poser their figures without worrying about the girl part showing. You can then add a hosiery material to the tights for a more dressy outfit. The possibilities can be endless lol.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Awesome work ImagineX!. All of your products here are top notch!! Love the corset, chair, and now this dress! Great work indeed!

Thanks for showing the sneak peaks. We're very fortunate to have you creating for Dawn. Way to go.

ImagineX

Admirable
Awesome work ImagineX!. All of your products here are top notch!! Love the corset, chair, and now this dress! Great work indeed!

Thanks for showing the sneak peaks. We're very fortunate to have you creating for Dawn. Way to go.

Thank you Chris. I really like the Dawn character. I am having some trouble with the dress however. When I pose the figure manually the dress moves fine, but when applying a "Dawn pose" the portion of dress between her legs gets really deformed. Even with the smoothing modifier up to 20 - it helps, but still pretty bad. Any suggestions??

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thank you Chris. I really like the Dawn character. I am having some trouble with the dress however. When I pose the figure manually the dress moves fine, but when applying a "Dawn pose" the portion of dress between her legs gets really deformed. Even with the smoothing modifier up to 20 - it helps, but still pretty bad. Any suggestions??

Have you tried using the smoothing mode when using the weight map brush? You may need to try different fall offs to find the right one.