• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'm Thinking of Transitioning...

Hornet3d

Wise
Grind away, I have a pretty thick hide :)

I'm not suggesting you are responsible for what others say in anyway. Though there is just a wee bit of irony when the main issue brought up here about Rendo, was the out of control Daz bullies that attack other members in the forums without mitigation.

Even if I have different views, I respect your views as I do everyone else who posts here. I welcome your input but if you perceive that there is a lot of anti Daz sentiment here then I can only say I have not seen it to any large degree. Yes there is the odd thread that could lead to that opinion but it is the odd thread and, on the whole, I think people here are quite well behaved and do not sit on any side of any fence.

I would love to see more posts from you related to 3D art and as you are so helpful I am sure many of us could benefit from you input.

If you read anything to by reading between the lines that look as though I am trying to antagonise the situation please understand this is not my intention and I am trying to build bridges with all 3D artist no matter what software they use or what they use that software to produce.

Hornet3d

Wise
I hope you don't stay away too long Earl, and that you return here refreshed and well.

For my part, I don't really use any forums but this one. I'm more into the social media sites (Facebook etc.) and I only joined here at Dylan's suggestion. I find it interesting and the pace much less hectic than social media sites and apps where everything is hectic and so demanding of ones time.

I am glad you did join, not only because everyone is welcome but also because I think you are one of the younger members here. I am not trying to be ageist but I think 3D art, along with other hobbies, are very much supported by older generations maybe because as you get older the trend is often to have more spendable income hobby wise (up to a point). The point is you bring a different view to the community and all thriving communities need new blood and new ideas.

I hope you stay around for a very long time.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not knowing peoples ages Hornet, but I'd bet Bonnie is our youngest (and by quite a bit) :) and I for one am really looking forward to seeing what she'll create.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Dylan is 22
I hope you stay around for a very long time.

I'm sure some of you joined forums like this when you were younger too. Art related forums must have been around since the internet was created? Anyway, thanks Hornet and everyone for the kind words.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
All I can say is I've been a part of the Rendo community since 2006 and a vendor there since 2008. I will totally admit I spend NO time in their forums. I've met so many wonderful people there over the years and many have become very good friends. but on the other hand what tiny amount of time I did spend in the forums there made me decide it was a good idea for me personally to stay away from them. I only participate in the forums here.

@eclark1894 I totally respect your desire to take some time away from it all. I think you might find yourself refreshed and eager to get back to Poser and etc after a good break. God knows I totally love it here but taking a break is never a bad thing:) it is easy to get dragged down and feel overwhelmed by it all at times.

Hugs!

Hornet3d

Wise
Ohhhhh, sooooo, true!!!!! I WISH we had computers and graphic apps (both 2D and 3D) when I was in my late teens and early twenties. Certainly would've kept me out of trouble. :whistling:

The same would go for me I remember around that time working on computerised telephone systems that took uo a room larger than the average sized bedroom so if there had been home computers I would not be able to afford them or get them in the house.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Ohhhhh, sooooo, true!!!!! I WISH we had computers and graphic apps (both 2D and 3D) when I was in my late teens and early twenties. Certainly would've kept me out of trouble. :whistling:

Don't tell me you got into trouble when you were younger?! You strike me as such a sweet and innocent person :whistling:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
All I can say is I've been a part of the Rendo community since 2006 and a vendor there since 2008. I will totally admit I spend NO time in their forums. I've met so many wonderful people there over the years and many have become very good friends. but on the other hand what tiny amount of time I did spend in the forums there made me decide it was a good idea for me personally to stay away from them. I only participate in the forums here.

I've been a member there since 2005. I think I've posted in their forum twice. Once was to recommend the John Cleese narrated show called Faces when there was a discussion about what makes a woman beautiful. Another time was when someone started a thread with a pun so I joined in. I don't know why the forums there are so off putting but they are. Too many people maybe.

Never posted on Daz forums either. Used to be a part of a small group of poser users but they are shut down. It was such a joy to find this place and feel like I had a place I could express myself!

Edited to add this The Human Face (TV Mini-Series 2001– ) - IMDb It's the John Cleese show about the human face. I learned a lot from it.

Hornet3d

Wise
Seen this the other day , makes you realise how quickly things have changed.
What a 5mb hard drive looked like in the late 50's

Having lived through the introduction of the home computer and the Internet, and been interested in both, I am never ceased to be amazed at what is on offer today. The complexity of the average smart phone and it's processing power would have been seen as pure wizardry in those days but I think I am equally amazed at the size of storage these days, like a 1Tb SSD at a price that a lot of people could afford is stunning.

Hornet3d

Wise
Bah, humburgers! When I was a kid, all we had was the abacus, and that was good enough for us! Kids today tsk tsk :alien:

Abacus, well you were spoiled all I had was a stick to draw in the sand. I was eighteen before I had an abacus, well I say abacus, but really I was given a second stick, some thread stuff and I had to find my own beads and make my own. Tell that to the youngsters of today and they just won't believe you