• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'm Thinking of Transitioning...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well they'll be coming out with a new version soon that's going to make it's UI a lot easier for folks to learn. I've been using it for so long I'm familiar with it's UI, but a lot of folks just trying it for the first time find it confusing. Supposedly, the new version with take care of that by making it easier to just concentrate on the menus and such you need depending on what type of work you're trying to do, be it modeling, animation, etc.
COOL! I look forward to the UI redesign! We shall see. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know if it will "look" that much different, but from what I've seen, they are planning on have a template type pop up when you open Blender, where you can choose what type of work you're planning on doing, and then only the appropriate menus will be visible. For those, like myself, who are used to the UI as it is now, there will be a "default" option, so we can go on working as we're used to. It should definitely be interesting to see.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmm, let me think about where I saw that Rich, and I'll get something for you to see.

Edited to Add: I can't find it now, and I have to get off here, but I'll definitely look for it again tomorrow. I just don't, off-hand, remember what site I was on when I saw the screenshot of what the opening dialog was going to look like.