• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED IK Manager Python Script for Poser 12

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

~IK Manager~ (Python Script for Poser 12)​

** Requires Poser 12.0.396 or newer

Ever wanted to use more IK (Inverse Kinematics), but found it cumbersome, and hard to reach in Poser? The IK Manager P12 brings all your Inverse Kinematic needs to one single, easy to reach panel. Now you can quickly enable/disable IK on the hands and feet, and also have visual cues to what IK chains are enabled on any figure. Just select the figure and IK Manager will show you the IK status, and allow you to change it.

Promo_00_Main_1000x1200.jpg

With the IK Manager P12 you get:

* Clear, easy to understand interface with dedicated IK buttons.
* Quick access to standard IK chains from a single panel.
* Instant visual cues to the figure's IK chain states.
* Toggle IK on each hand or foot in any combination with toggle buttons.
* 1-click automations to toggle IK on both hands, both feet, everything, or nothing.
* PDF Manual with instructions and best practices.
* Help button to quickly access the PDF manual straight from the tool's interface.
* Native Poser WX interface that can be moved, resized, and docked into Poser.
* Smart interface - remembers it's last position, size and docking state from the previous session.
* Easy on the eyes Dark Theme interface that matches Poser.
* Supports Poser hands and feet IK chains that follow Poser standard naming conventions.

The script has been submitted to Renderosity, and is currently going through QAV. Should hit the store anytime in the next days.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There will be a delay on the release due to an issue where Poser's embedded library is not installing Python scripts properly. It appears they get installed, but are not available in the scripts menu until Poser is restarted. Rendo will hold the release until they can fix this Poser issue. Almost there now. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Had a final version submitted, just waiting for Rendo to update their store backend so I can sell it there.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Still waiting on Rendo to complete the required changes on Poser 12 to support my new Python scripts. The tool is already with Rendo and has passed their QAV. Please bear with me as we wait for them to get it done. They are holding my tool releases until they are done with the changes in P12. ^^

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
You know with all your scripts getting there or in the que at 'Rosity for release, you may want to make your own scripts panel for easy access of ALL your scripts. If you can manage the code to "auto add" any new script you made that it detects that would be super cool too. The older script panel that comes with Poser is a bitch to change out scripts to be loaded as new defaults. So a "Ken's Scripts" panel would be a great addition to your scripts.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Just purchase it, waiting for new scripts :D
I am a script addict and was missing really great new scripts for Poser11/12 since the old script writer retire. Big thanks for stepping in Ken.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just purchase it, waiting for new scripts :D
I am a script addict and was missing really great new scripts for Poser11/12 since the old script writer retire. Big thanks for stepping in Ken.

You're very welcome and thank you! I think you bought LockMaster. This one was not released yet. :)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Okay, stupid me.....I see script and brain stops to work. LOL
But I fav you so I can see when the release for new scripts is there.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Very useful tool btw.. Just installed it and now toggle around. Highly recommended for everybody who use Poser.

Any idea when your new scatter too is out?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have patched the IK Manager to resolve some issues with the Python API where it couldn't find its PDF manual when other scripts were running. I had this issue reported to the dev team, but I came up with a workaround, so I won't have to keep waiting until things are fixed. Also added my new Info & Help buttons, which have become standard in my P12 scripts from now on.

1618707338050.png

This is yet another Python script for Poser 12 that has been sitting and waiting for Rendo to update their store backend since early March, and I think everything is good to go now. Since the interface has changed a bit, I have updated the manual and promos. Going to QAV now. Finally! It has been too long already. ^____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Happy to announce IK Manager P12 has been released today at Renderosity, and you can grab it HERE. :happydance:
It's a great complement for LockMaster P12 when posing your characters. I often use them together. ^___^

Also check the new demo video where I show how to pose a figure from scratch, making her sit on a chair, cross her legs, and put her hands on top on her knee using the IK Manager in a real world example.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There were some kinks in the way for this script. Different figures use different names for their IK chains, where people who have created these figures don't follow the same naming conventions (or ANY conventions LOL). In update 1.2.1, now available on the store, I have patched the code to try lots of different random names people have used to name the IK chains in different figures. This includes support for IK names in all languages supported by Poser - English, German and Japanese, so v1.2.1 should now support many more figures. :)

Please remove the previous version before updating to avoid version conflicts. You should have received a notification from Renderosity about the update, where I provide instructions of how to proceed with the update. If you have just purchased IK Manager P12, you should already be updated, so nothing to do there! ^____^