• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Yeah, EasyPose is... uh... easy? A rope is just a cylinder with added groups. The clip is the most complicated part, yep. There's one on my freebie headcollar, I used EasyPose to make that and even I could manage it! Actually, you could hide the headcollar itself and parent it to the head so the rope could be posed, but a newer one with more segments would be better.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I would love to see a show arena for this set. I've done the helmet, boots, riding outfit, but I would like a show arena (there are jump props at DAZ, 2 sets, actually - but no arena)

Okay, I'll start work on that and the round pen.

Oh, right! I forgot about that one. I had looked at it and decided to make a more modern barn, but not now that I know Earl's made one.

I can do the rigging, for Poser at least. I'm assuming that EasyPose works in DAZ Studio too..? I made a basic EasyPose rope already, it's the fancy bits that go on the ends that I may not have time to tackle. Let me know!

Thanks! I'll get back to you if I need help. :)

So, an outdoor arena with jumps and dressage letters, a round pen, and lead rope.

Anything else?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Okay, I'll start work on that and the round pen.

Oh, right! I forgot about that one. I had looked at it and decided to make a more modern barn, but not now that I know Earl's made one.

Thanks! I'll get back to you if I need help. :)

So, an outdoor arena with jumps and dressage letters, a round pen, and lead rope.

Anything else?

Sorry, I don't know much about equestrian riding, but don't we need a special saddle for show horses?

Possibly a morph of one of the existing saddles?

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Sorry, I don't know much about equestrian riding, but don't we need a special saddle for show horses?

Possibly a morph of one of the existing saddles?
Not really. The Classic tack would work for most show situations, would love to see a proper Dressage, Show Jumping and General purpose saddle though.
Dressage

Jumping

GP

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
There are so many saddle types that it would make your head spin!

I started riding by taking dressage lessons, showed a few times, then discovered the wonderful world of trail riding. I joined several riding clubs so that I had a ride to go on nearly every weekend, spring thru fall. I also went on a week long ride in the Allegheny mountains a few summers.

I had an English saddle for the dressage but gave that to a friend once I decided to forgo showing for trail riding. For that I got an Australian-type saddle - kind of a cross between English and Western saddles.

I think the English saddle would be fine for both dressage and jumping renders. Most people wouldn't know any subtle differences. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha cross posted with you guys

Not sure if America is different as I know there's a lot more Western Riding (compared to when I was showing here in Aus). But this pic (OMG so cute!) shows the kind of saddle used on American gaited horses which is vaguely similar to a dressage saddle (which I don't think you could morph one of the existing ones) My favorite, the Saddlebred

I would kill for a good show jumping saddle/bridle as well as dressage saddle/bridle so I could do some Olympic Equestrian type images :) (of course an arena for that as well :p) (I think it might be possible to do a morph of the dressage saddle to make a jumping saddle)

Ahh DD would that have been the good old Australian Stock, this I would love but since its pretty specialized didn't think to ask for it :D Saddle? Australian Stock Saddle - Wikipedia

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I already have a bunch of jump props under construction, Beth, if you wanted to combine forces? Also REALLY REALLY REALLY looking forward to English riding tack (which is the main style over here in the UK) and riding gear for the humans!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Just dusted off the jump files- it was a while ago that I worked on them. They need polishing and are only .obj format right now, but there's a couple of jump wing styles, cups, poles, planks, tyres, plus a wall. I was planning to have a range of options to represent anything from back-pasture pony jumps to international competition jumps (the latter would need some planters and things). I got side-tracked into shader-only (no image map) tyre treads, and then diverted into harness and poses. This was a test render when I was playing with shaders.
Test Render 1.png

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I came across this from Daz which has a barn with stables although it's advertised as fencing: Farm Fencing | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

If I do decide to go ahead and make a barn, it will be of a completely different type:

But, since there are already several barns out there, I may just go ahead with my idea of making a rodeo grounds, My town in Colorado has one and they hold all kinds of events there, not just rodeos. I even managed to find free plans on how to build one, complete with grand stands, announcer stand, and horse/cattle chutes.

Last edited:

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I started working on an "Arabian" tail for Harry, but my skills are just not up to it. Having an "alternate" flag tail for the Arabian would be awesome. I tried getting the panels to hang down properly with posing and it's just not gonna work. So, an Arabian tail set for Harry would be lovely for some talented modeller to make. (I'll texture it for you!)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
The lack of flag/banner tail is the biggest downside of having the tail modeled as a series of cylinders. It's possible to do something with dynamic hair, in Poser anyway, but that lacks the instantaneous nature of a prop or figure (and doesn't always look wonderful anyway).

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was thinking about a prop, but built only for this purpose. A straight cylinder with a Crook at the end Like a flag pole. Then "U" shaped panels to hang over the tail prop like the draping flag, rather than straight panels like the mane. Although, a "U" set on the outside and then straight panels on the inside for thickness would likely work. It's only for use with the Arabian or a horse that holds it's tail in the flag position. The flag parts could then be rigged to move in the breeze, and could even have a dynamic version, because they would panels like a scarf. The end panels at the crook would of course be smaller so they could both hang of the end, and have more movement. They would all then be textured just like any other polygon hair. If they wanted tail down, then they switch to the normal tail. It makes sense to me...I just don't think I have the skills yet to do the modelling or rigging. Am I missing something huge?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I tried to find the thread for this but failed...sigh.
Anyways, how about one of you lighting experts making a great set of promo lights for Poser (I have Pro 2014) that looks great on him?
We need some that let his manes and tails show at any angle or pose without heavy shadows.
I do not want to have to have a zillion light sets in my run-times only to find that none of them give me what I need for him.
It would really be appreciated. :D
I was wondering if there was a way to do a pinned post that has all the ideas listed, and then if people want more info/pics they go on down the threads Or even a link to the start of that thread. Don't know if it's possible, but it sure would be handy. Then as things get done, they can be crossed off the list.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's my over-organized self (I am NOT CDO!) I see stuff, and think, "I could work on that", and then I forget it because I don't see it any more.