• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I tried to find the thread for this but failed...sigh.
Anyways, how about one of you lighting experts making a great set of promo lights for Poser (I have Pro 2014) that looks great on him?
We need some that let his manes and tails show at any angle or pose without heavy shadows.
I do not want to have to have a zillion light sets in my run-times only to find that none of them give me what I need for him.
It would really be appreciated. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
There is a Daz carousel from a long time ago that will work with both Poser and DS. It was part of the Carnival set.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
how beautiful is this, I'd love tack like this for Harry.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Something I wouldn't mind seeing for the horse (which I still find amazing and love to use) is a actual leadrope.. preferable one which could be attached to both the halter that already exist, the kelpie chain and possible also to the bridles. But that might be a bit too much to ask for, so one which can be attached to the existing halter and/or the kelpie chain would be amazing.

A actual western rope halter with leadrope (either attached, or possible to remove) would also be amazing

rope halter - Sök på Google

I'm sure I can come up with lots more too, but I return when I do :)

I have a few poseable ropes I use for this. I parent them to the collar I am using and pose them as needed. Finding a good rope texture and bump really help make them look more realistic.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
This thread seemed the closest I could find to an existing wish-list. I found the other day that there were no side-to-side morphs for the fetlocks. The morph controls allow the hair to go forwards and/or backwards, but I could see no existing morphs to swing them to the left or right. Did I miss those, and, if not, are morphs of that kind something that would be easy to produce?

Carousel? So... something like this one? This is a steam-powered one from the Great Dorset Steam Fair this year- I counted three traditional horse (or horse-and-other-animal) carousels like this one, there may have been more, plus other smaller (and less elaborate) ones.

IMG_0264.JPG

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I am old! As an 'OLD"person would like to see more "old" stuff for my figures since at a certain age I have come to rely more and more on living vicariously through my Poser images I would love to get my dry hands on more and more old stuff for my figures...but not only human but also animals and creatures.
I would love to get some such stuff for Harry and/or the MilHorse (which admittedly I do use more often and not really sure why) . Morphs and textures that would make him look older and worn out.....bony hips....sagging belly....pronounced ribs.....cracked hooves....roman-like sagging nose/muzzle. Tired looking floppy ears, longer chin hairs, big knees and len wiry legs. Neck tendons more pronounced and a texture options(s) that would make him look older , dirty, un-brushed flea bitten, mottled, less groomed.....as if making his way on the final leg of his journey....to the Glue Factory! LOL
I recall there was a sway backed morph made as part of a set for the P4 Horse way back in the olden days and though I used it a lot, not having a decent matching texture set I always got frustrated using it....never looked right.
But seriously are there any such options going to ever be made available for Harry? When the MilHorse 1 first came out BTW I begged for the same thing for him and as usual was ignored. Wish I could do all this for myself but since I can't, I need to grovel for others better skilled than me to do so! :)
i have been looking at some of Remington's paintings an sculptures of the American West Indian Ponies and they all seem to have that gaunt, skinny/wiry rough off the plains rode hard and put away wet look about them. their lean horses were also smaller it seemed in proportions to the riders and in comparison to today's horses I can see why they were referred to as ponies. Even many of the archival photos though not the clearest images, seem to all have the same properties about them with regards to horses from that time. I would love to have textures and morphs for such horses for my work.
Should I hold my breath for this to ever happen? :(

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'd do that kind of textures for him if I had photos to use as a texture resource but they are expensive.
morph would have to be done by someone else...lol.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@carmen indorato I might be able to come up with some coats like that, not sure about the morphs though as I haven't looked in to that. I'll pull up the stuff I am working on and see if I can get a old scruffy nag out of it ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It would be good if Sparky's Skelehorse's body and head morphs were separate, then you could dial a little of the body in and get that look. Hmmm could do that I suppose, 2 renders, one with and another with out the morph and in postwork combine the 2...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
With DS4.9 you can separate morphs it's one of the new features...wouldn't be able to distribute them though as they are Sparky's. I did think about trying to do the morphs but I have too much on at the moment as it is and want to finish some of the things I already have started.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Maybe not appropriate but here are some examples of what i have in my reference archive.
Keep in mind I do not do images of abused horses just rough unkempt and long in the tooth or wild range animals and not modern show horses.

old horse-N01484_9.jpg

aged-horse-awareness.jpg

downhill___old_gray_horse.jpg

HORSE-FARM-1.jpg

old horse 5849813.jpg

old_horse stall.jpg

OldHorse toon.jpg

The last one of course I love and would be a great addition to the toon Harry Horse.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I had one horse till she was about 30, lived out year round and looked rather like your second to last image

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Would be good for doing renders of historical scenes or even of fantasy scenes set in a medieval environment.