• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I'd *love* to see a good, realistic medieval saddle and bridle ( not *fantasy*) and barding for Harry..the type with several crossed straps over his hindquarters.
Also..Napoleonic-era cavalry saddles and tack..

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I'd also have to throw up my hands for more pose packs for Harry..doing more natural horsey things..grazing, lying down, etc, etc. :)Also ones where his mane , tail and fetlocks don't go flying all over the countryside when his body is posed. That's my biggest disappointment with him. Yes..I know he can keep them one him..but it's annoying :(

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
It's not the saddle so much, but the assosciated cavalry tack..and many Napoleonic saddles had sheepskins fitted *over* the saddle seat

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I'd *love* to see a good, realistic medieval saddle and bridle ( not *fantasy*) and barding for Harry..the type with several crossed straps over his hindquarters.
Also..Napoleonic-era cavalry saddles and tack..

Do you have any pics? I want to do at least a Polish Hussar set "someday"...

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
This is roughly the sort of Barding I meant (apologies for the small files)
Barding 1104.jpg
Barding 43426672d5c682da80c0328c69f4eae9.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha I know what you mean VB! (if the brestplate and back piece is separate from your side saddle you're almost there :))

Thanks Freyfaxi, I also have a horse board for all the different coat colour inspiration, poses and breeds :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just about only do horse renders so of course I want to get my grubby little hands on all the horse goodies I can :D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
see, I new if it was separate you'd be almost there :D

I think if the classic tack leather was made red, it would make a good fantasy medieval barding. (just may have trouble with the girth on this with the one on the saddle)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I have a question VB...what holds it up at the front? Will there be something it joins on to? Sorry totally lacking in knowledge on horse bits and pieces...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Normally Pen, there would be a strap attached that goes over the withers (see Frayfaxi's image above) and it would also attach to the saddle. As this is actually part of VB's Side-saddle which is quite large you wouldn't see the strap.
He/She (sorry VB, I don't know which you are :p) put it here as I suggested it wouldn't take much to alter to look like medieval barding if it wasn't attached to the saddle.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I never called you an "it" VB (I hopefully wouldn't be that unkind). I kinda thought you were a "he" but with this internet thingy you can never be too sure :)