• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That would be interesting...do you mean geometry based or curve based? I have always thought it would be great to see a LAMH preset for Harry. Unfortunately I don't have the skill in LAMH to do it...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I had that thought as well Pen, though I don't have the LAMH plugin, so couldn't even try if I wanted to.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I do...but I've not had sufficient time to sit down and have a serious play with it well following the tutorial. Do you know if he ever released a version of LAMH for Poser? I know there was talk about it...

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Maybe on the fantasy side... some nice armor for him as well. And a set of blinders maybe? And maybe a one, two, or four horse hitch setup that we could use to attach to drawn carriages or such?

Harry could use some good barding and caparison for our knights (and renaissance festivals...).

I totally agree, but there just isn't enough time... These are a few projects started already, in addition to the Arabian stuff that FlintHawk mentioned.

sidesaddle 023.png
sidesaddle 024.png

harry's new duds 002.png

The first two are for a sidesaddle I've been working on for a while. It kinda got back-burner-ed by the Arabian outfit, mainly because I have to teach myself to rig in order for it to work properly. The second is the beginnings of a more knightly ensemble, which will probably be mostly dynamic. The reins need a little work; they collided with something during the sim.

I DEFINITELY want to have some sort of harness for pulling things. I will probably start out with a "simple" chariot rig (even if over-decorated), and then move a little higher up the historical timeline...

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Is the saddle rigged or a prop?

Which one...? :p Right now they are both props. The sidesaddle will certainly have to be rigged, because it just has too many pieces to work dynamically. The other saddle is currently a prop (which needs to be re-meshed: I "extruded" it from Harry's back originally back when I first started modelling, so I couldn't even give it away...), but it will have to be rigged too, because if Harry turns too much to one side, problems happen. Also, I figure once it is rigged, I won't have any more problems with it colliding with the (currently) dynamic blanket during a simulation, which tends to be quite messy...:eek: The faceshield/bridle is currently a prop too, and the reins are dynamic, just because I hate rigging so much.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've seen the Arabian WIPs, but don't recall ever seeing these first two. I'm liking how they look. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...so rigged for just Poser? Talking about just the saddles here...I know your answer for the dynamic blanket. Sorry just reread and see that the reins will be dynamic so I'm right in thinking just poser...so it won't be something I would be able to use...: (

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I find rigging sooooo much easier in Studio than in Poser. In Studio, I more or less understand it, but it hasn't clicked for Poser yet. As a result, whatever gets rigged, will probably get rigged in Studio first... I might end up rigging the reins too, since they are giving me so much trouble in the sims (Hopefully not, though...;))

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That would be lovely...I haven't tried rigging in Poser and I'm still learning things like adding additional bones and such in DS.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
If you always use Studio for renders and want to use a dynamic cloth, you can run a sim in Poser, export the cloth object as an "obj" file, and then load it as a prop in Studio. I'm doing that to a whole scene right now, just so I can render it in Iray for a change, and there are about five million textures that have to be set up one after the other...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I still have to learn how to use the clothroom properly. I've only managed to do it once or twice.

Miss B

CV-BEE
If you haven't already seen this Pen, this is the first tutorial I tried in Poser 9 --> Free Dynamic Cloth Tutorial

Esha, of course, also has the Master Class Cloth Room tutorial that I eventually bought, but for a free tutorial, the one I linked to will at least show you the steps on how to do a simulation.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...Dawn was very kind and provided me with one of hers also...my biggest problem is time at the moment. I'm just taking a break from working on Diva's textures.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I was going to ask about Dawn's tut, as she includes it with all her dynamic outfits. I haven't read hers yet, but will when I start playing with her goodies that I bought.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I want one of these for Harry!!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Etalon_race_ardennaise_1.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Cheval_JPG01.jpg

Ardennes horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL, hey. I'm allowed to pipe dream... but he's gorgeous... and he's huge!

Someday I might take a stab at trying to pull that off... maybe if I started with the Beast horse..... ah, well. I just think that breed is absolutely gorgeous. :D

Vortigensbane - I have never seen an actual side saddle before... that is very different indeed!