• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Laurie...I knew someone here would be able to help. Apart from casual riding as a teenager I've never really had much to do with horses. My brother used to help at the riding school he went to as a young adult and I tagged along occasionally but (shock, horror) I never really had a lot of time for it as I was busy with other things.

LOL what I know about traditional western clothing, gear and tack would fill a thimble at best:) I DO have a lot of western buddies though, here in Colorado. And hey I was a late comer to horses- I actually really disliked them when I was a kid- thought they were pretty but way too dangerous:) As a kid I was really into the birds of prey and the big cats. (lol yeah like they aren't dangerous:) Didn't start riding til I was 21. And yeah life can sure get in the way of other things!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So true...life does get in the way of our hobbies at times. Birds of prey sound really interesting. I'm fascinated by them since reading the Valdemar Books by Mercedes Lackey. I'm not sure that I would be game to get up close though, and who wouldn't want a big cat! Although I think my kitty wouldn't be too happy, not to mention the dogs...lol

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I loved being able to fly/catch the Harris Hawk at the Renn Faire. We were good friends with the Falconer there. (My sons worked for him for a couple of years). She was a Rehab bird that could never be released. He used to be able to let folks hold them on the glove with supervision, but now the rules have changed so he can't do that anymore. They are so amazing.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I've made some items to help fill your barn.

Saddle rack stand.

Wall-mount saddle rack.

Collapsible saddle rack.

Bridle rack with shelf.

Hay/grain feeder.

Two-compartment feed bin.

What I plan to work on next:
- arenas and fences (dressage, metal panels/gates, rustic wood fences/arenas)
- flat-sided water bucket, regular bucket ( with water and grain contents)
- feed tub (with grain)
- feed scoop (with grain)
- sacks of feed
- hay bales, loose hay piles, scattered hay for floor/ground, open bale, hay bale flakes, mouthful of hay for horse
- wood shavings for stall floor, pile of shavings, scattered shavings
- blanket rack with various blankets
- tack trunk
- hat rack for helmets and cowboy hats
- galvanized metal stock tank
- salt block and holder
- muck bucket with *ahem* "contents"
- manure rake
- flat-bladed shovel
- grooming tote with various items to fill it

Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew! :rolleyes:

For your stall images, I might suggest making a Jolly Ball to go on the outside. It helps prevent horses from cribbing the stall wood and also gives them a little something to play with. They come in different flavors like banana, bubblegum, and peppermint. You can also take them off of the rope for some rip roaring fun of a horse jolly ball game. Sorry the images are a bit large!

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
For your stall images, I might suggest making a Jolly Ball to go on the outside. It helps prevent horses from cribbing the stall wood and also gives them a little something to play with. They come in different flavors like banana, bubblegum, and peppermint.

Sure, I can add a Jolly Ball to my list. I just have one question...

Does anybody know the proper render settings for bubblegum flavor? ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sure, I can add a Jolly Ball to my list. I just have one question...

Does anybody know the proper render settings for bubblegum flavor? ;)

Cool on the jollyball!!

Chew well, fill with air, then POP!:x3: and repeat! preferably with no long hair in the way! If this occurs make sure peanut butter is on hand. Scissors are straight out though!

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Not sure if it's been mentioned before , ( I guess it probably has been) but has anyone produced a centaur merge of Harry with Dawn/Dusk ? What prompted this question was the recent release of DAZ's Centaur 7 figure. I've always made my centaurs with the old Mil Horse and M4/V4 and Poser..but that's getting a bit long in the tooth. I like the idea of trying a centaur from Harry and Dusk/Dawn to see how it compares with the old ones.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Not sure if it's been mentioned before , ( I guess it probably has been) but has anyone produced a centaur merge of Harry with Dawn/Dusk ? What prompted this question was the recent release of DAZ's Centaur 7 figure. I've always made my centaurs with the old Mil Horse and M4/V4 and Poser..but that's getting a bit long in the tooth. I like the idea of trying a centaur from Harry and Dusk/Dawn to see how it compares with the old ones.
You should check out Lyne's images over in the media section and I think She may still have a link on how to create them. She also has done one with the Kirin and the Big Cat.

I've heard mixed reviews about the new Centaur 7 and the shell that attaches the man part to the horse horse part.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I talked about it here:
that is, on my 'LARGE ORIGINAL IMAGE PAGE' of my website... BUT Hemi has not come back here to re-post it, and it can't be given out by anyone but him. Someone suggested writing to him via ShareCG... maybe I can find him and ask that he bring the newer Dawn/Harry one back... it was a combination of making the parts of each invisible and a morph and trans map to help the body parts match.
I've been using it on a saved character now for a LONG time, and gotten better at NOT having to do any post by using belts, clothing, etc. :)

Here's Hemi's 'page' but there is no link I can find for the Dawn/Harry one!?
Centaur Morph for DAZ MillHorse SR1 / Victoria 4.2 - Poser

@Rae134 are you in touch with Hemi? Can you write and ask for the one he made for Dawn/Harry?

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@Lyne I don't know anyone over at the DS forums (unless there are here as well) as I very rarely ever go there, I thought I remember someone said he had done one but I can only see MilHorse/V4 on Sharecg: Centaur Morph for DAZ MillHorse SR1 / Victoria 4.2 - Poser
(and apparently 6 months ago I thanked him in the comments and mentioned someone making a Harry/Dawn one :p)
Looking at his Centaur thread in the DS forums all the links at the start are dead and at the end he has a link to the above sharecg so I think that's all he did or re-uploaded.

There was a Tutorial in the DS Creative mag that also included a free transmap. I don't have time at the moment to see if it could be used with Dawn (I don't think it would need much tweaking but you never know until you try)
Ds Creative 16

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I u
@Lyne I don't know anyone over at the DS forums (unless there are here as well) as I very rarely ever go there, I thought I remember someone said he had done one but I can only see MilHorse/V4 on Sharecg: Centaur Morph for DAZ MillHorse SR1 / Victoria 4.2 - Poser
(and apparently 6 months ago I thanked him in the comments and mentioned someone making a Harry/Dawn one :p)
Looking at his Centaur thread in the DS forums all the links at the start are dead and at the end he has a link to the above sharecg so I think that's all he did or re-uploaded.

There was a Tutorial in the DS Creative mag that also included a free transmap. I don't have time at the moment to see if it could be used with Dawn (I don't think it would need much tweaking but you never know until you try)
Ds Creative 16
I used the transmap above with Lyne's Goat and Genesis, to make a halfling-goat Centaur, I'll have to see if I can dig up the picture, it was early on so not the best.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've taken a small break from Songbird ReMix and Nature's Wonders to finally refit my Racing Tack to Harry. Some pieces are proving to be a challenge because the body parts are cut differently than the MHorse and Horse2 it was orginally created for. Recutting the body parts to fit Harry changes the geometry the morphs rely on-- hence I need to redo morphs and rigging.

Here's a quick test fitting (need to recreate the tightening morphs on wraps... but it's coming along and will hopefully be ready during Triple Crown Season).

Render 1.jpg