• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think it's been mentioned previously but I can't remember if it was a wish for or we've done. Have you looked through the Harry thread if one's been done a picture would have been posted.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I was just reviewing the list that Dakorillon (IMArts) posted and decided I should post what items I am working on and ones I plan to do in the near future.

Please, if anyone else is working on any of these, please let me know so we don't duplicate. :)

The barn I've already mentioned. I think I'll be creating multiple barn configurations.

Here's the 1 thru 5 stall barns (no tack rooms).

The next image shows 2 and 4 stall barns with a small (6'x12') tack/feed room in the middle.

In the next image, both barns are 3 stall barns with a large (12'x22') tack/stall room on the end, but mirror images of each other. I'll probably do the same for 2, 4, 5, and 6 stall barns.

The next is six stalls with a large tack/feed room on the ends.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I've made some items to help fill your barn.

Saddle rack stand.

Wall-mount saddle rack.

Collapsible saddle rack.

Bridle rack with shelf.

Hay/grain feeder.

Two-compartment feed bin.

What I plan to work on next:
- arenas and fences (dressage, metal panels/gates, rustic wood fences/arenas)
- flat-sided water bucket, regular bucket ( with water and grain contents)
- feed tub (with grain)
- feed scoop (with grain)
- sacks of feed
- hay bales, loose hay piles, scattered hay for floor/ground, open bale, hay bale flakes, mouthful of hay for horse
- wood shavings for stall floor, pile of shavings, scattered shavings
- blanket rack with various blankets
- tack trunk
- hat rack for helmets and cowboy hats
- galvanized metal stock tank
- salt block and holder
- muck bucket with *ahem* "contents"
- manure rake
- flat-bladed shovel
- grooming tote with various items to fill it

Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew! :rolleyes:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Lovely, I like your friends (I think they're called) chaps also...

Actually those are chinks but yeah she;s always got such cool looking gear :)

"Chinks are similar to chaps, but are shorter, typically hitting the rider below the knee but above the ankle. They are fastened around the rider’s legs by snaps, buckles, or other fasteners, but the fasteners stop above the back of the knee, allowing the chinks to move more freely from that point downward. The fringe on chinks is also usually longer and more prominent than fringe found on chaps."

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ah...thanks Laurie. I haven't heard of Chinks before but they do look very cool.

What are slobber ties?

A lot of farriers use chinks too as they are more more "free" than chaps, but give the leg the same protection; and they are very handy for stacking/bucking hay too, to keep your legs from getting scratched up. One will see them a lot too on bronco and bull riders in the rodeo.

Slobber straps- actually here is a good description - Slobber Straps: What Are They?

Lots of folks I know here in Colorado use them/use mecate bridles and reins. Personally I use all synthetic english tack these days for everyday/trail riding- totally waterproof and super easy to clean for lazy slobs like me:) . I have my "show" bridles still for shows, parades, demos etc.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Laurie...I knew someone here would be able to help. Apart from casual riding as a teenager I've never really had much to do with horses. My brother used to help at the riding school he went to as a young adult and I tagged along occasionally but (shock, horror) I never really had a lot of time for it as I was busy with other things.