• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Harry the Horse

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Okay, here is a freebie halter and pose-able lead rope I did for the MilHorse. Without converting it to Harry, it still only took me about 5 minutes to fit the halter to Harry, parent it to his head and the conform the lead rope to the halter. The lead rope is easy-pose. I think I can probably manage to use Lyrra's wonderful conversion kit to convert this to Harry. Anyone who doesn't want to wait, just PM me and I'll send you a download link. No DS material settings but it's a simple texture.
horsehalter.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Okay, here is a freebie halter and pose-able lead rope I did for the MilHorse. Without converting it to Harry, it still only took me about 5 minutes to fit the halter to Harry, parent it to his head and the conform the lead rope to the halter. The lead rope is easy-pose. I think I can probably manage to use Lyrra's wonderful conversion kit to convert this to Harry. Anyone who doesn't want to wait, just PM me and I'll send you a download link. No DS material settings but it's a simple texture. View attachment 22913

Oh this is gorgeous. I would love this as is. I have worked a lot with items not made for or not conforming to so much it has become a challenge to try it. So how does we gets!? :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Love the bow case and quiver in the centauress picture above, Carmen :) I've been looking for that style of case for ages - could you possibly let us know where you got it from ??

Hm.. of course I do not remember the artist...Armando something or some Latino/Italian name. But I do remember it was part of a set at DAZ that came with a toon like rider and battle equipment. I only got the raptor like creature and its tac I think it was Tawhak and Keltar project or something like that. It is a lovely creature and the tac is beautiful . I must warn you however the bow and case are one single mesh and do not separate. Most of the items in this image were retextured by me so you may not find it to look like this out of the box.
it can be found here:
Tawhak | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Hai

I found your kod zebra tac. I copy/extracted i from my current P7 Runtime folder and zipped it.
It is a 9.9 mg zip file. Not sure if too big for me to send vial email but can try. if not you can tell me where to go....urm....to post it for you! LOLOL

Also, for general info HaiGan did offer the side saddle and horse blanket some time ago so I was right it was her and I do have them.
@carmen indorato - :thankyou2: - I'll message you with an email address, and if that doesn't work, erm, I'll think of something else.

All my other freebies including a few for Harry are back up online and available here. Most of them are for the P4 horse and very clunky by current standards, but maybe there's still some use in them.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Yes! Thank you! I emailed you back at the time, but perhaps the email is slow to reach you.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Thank you for your quick reply, Carmen - I have the Tawhak tucked away in my runtimes and the bow case is perfect for what I wanted :) I *knew* I'd seen it somewhere in the past, but I couldn't remember where :)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Had a quick look at the saddle- thank you to Carmen! The saddle does show it's age in terms of model quality (both in my skills and in what people expected from free models at the time). A better texture map would help a bit. I tried a very quick refit just to see if it might work, and found that the old zebra's a very different shape to Harry. I'll stick a conversion on the freebie to do list, but I think Daio's native gear is going to be way-way-way-way-way better!
zebrasaddle.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
If the saddle and blanket are one piece or in fact, two separate pieces can the stays be separated too as smart props to individually adjust separately to jury rig it a bit? I ask because I have not used the saddle set in a very long time and do not remember. I am leery of firing up Poser to check for fear of getting stuck messing about until 3 in the morning.........a freaking-gain!

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Beautifull carriage.
Not to detract from your lovely work but do I recall correctly DAZ releasing a similar carriage set a longtime ago that went along with a series of princess and Princes' works they released for Mil2 or Mil3?
Hmmm... I don't know. The basic shape is a pretty standard Cinderella coach, so I would expect there have been several made over the years. This one's bizjet style hatch/steps is probably unique; also the self-illuminated feature. The curved spoke wheels are different from the usual straight spokes.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
Hmmm... I don't know. The basic shape is a pretty standard Cinderella coach, so I would expect there have been several made over the years. This one's bizjet style hatch/steps is probably unique; also the self-illuminated feature. The curved spoke wheels are different from the usual straight spokes.
I was looking through Daz's legacy products and found what I think your talking about.

Cinderella Carriage | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Or possibly this.

Royal Carriages for Millennium Horse | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

Well it IS beautiful and I repeat i did not try to minimize the work comparing it in any way to the daz release. They are in fact completely different and are both worth the investment. Thank you.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Had a quick look at the saddle- thank you to Carmen! The saddle does show it's age in terms of model quality (both in my skills and in what people expected from free models at the time). A better texture map would help a bit. I tried a very quick refit just to see if it might work, and found that the old zebra's a very different shape to Harry. I'll stick a conversion on the freebie to do list, but I think Daio's native gear is going to be way-way-way-way-way better!

I went in last night afterall despite my fear of being up all night frelling with it! :(
And gotta ask how the heck did you get the rig to fit Harry or MilHorse? I tried the Milhorse because it seems to open up quicker than Harry for some reason and played with it but without success. I could not make it look like yours. But as I stated,(short of doing a complete conversion for each horse needed for), setting up the tac with separate components offering it with individual components to adjust separately would be the best way for dunderheads like me unable to learn morph brushes and magnets! :(

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
And gotta ask how the heck did you get the rig to fit Harry or MilHorse?
I never did get it to fit the MilHorse, never tried. "Fitted" it to Harry with scaling and magnets. That is, "fitted" in the sense that it looks okay as a test to see what it might look like if converted properly, but only from that angle!

seachnasaigh

Energetic
A test Firefly render after adjusting the lightcasting strength of the carriage's lamps. The blue lights are biolumenescent with automatically animated turbulent vapor; the square-ish lanterns have automatically animated flickering flames. This is a P9/Pro2012+ Firefly model, but I'll make a Superfly version also. The terrain, bridge, buildings, and 3D trees are part of my Lothlorien III enviro playset.

"Goin' my way, Sis?"

I think this has a better balance between the carriage lamps' apparent brightness and their lightcasting strength.