• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Dawn

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I really wish we had for Dawn and co the transfer and refit utilitys like what SickleYield has done for the Genesis line of figures
Well the Transfer Utility is part of the DS software, so I'm assuming if you use the DS version of DawnSE in DS, you could use the built-in Transfer Utility to transfer clothes from one character to another.

I don't use the DS version of DawnSE, and the Poser version of DawnSE doesn't work in DS, so I haven't tried it, but I can't believe you wouldn't be able to use it with Dawn.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She's referring to the Transfer Utility in DS 4, which helps transfer items made for one character, for use by another character. Dreamer just mentioned Genesis, because that's the set of characters SickleYield used, not that it ONLY can be done with the Genesis characters.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Those are just meant for transferring clothing morphs from one generation to another. While there are technically 2 generations of Dawn, they are completely backwards compatible as far as I have seen, so there is no need for things like that.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Those are just meant for transferring clothing morphs from one generation to another. While there are technically 2 generations of Dawn, they are completely backwards compatible as far as I have seen, so there is no need for things like that.
Not for between Dawn but from other figures to Dawn

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
It's actually scary how many female artists keep depicting effeminated men as attractive, almost to the point where I can't really tell their gender. Ancient Chinese philosophy used to emphasize the importance of preserving a balance between both masculine and feminine sides of the personality, but I don't think this is what they meant. Perhaps there is a tip of Narcissism in this, like women project themselves over what they expect from men.
.....until thy finally get it and after a bit gt bored or unchallenged and part ways. How many women have I known (quite a few actually!) and/or been with who after Professing to want a more "sensitive man" after a while with one find them "too even keeled" and wander to one who is a bit "rougher around the edges....or through and through!
I dont render too many images with male figures but when I do I portray them next to a female character, I depict them taller and more masculine as per my preferences or in my antiquated politically incorrect mind set. Hate images with male and female are the exact same size and by spinning a few detail dials you can't tell them apart. For a long time too Poser content creators never created much for older men, hair, beards, clothes, body shapes and faces. For the Mi4 figures i saw a great quantity of this kind of change and loved it buying almost all the stuff for older figures i could find making it even more difficult to migrate to any other figure base.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I agree with Dreamer on this. What SickleYield created was an improved set of templates for use with the transfer utility that allowed for better conversions and rigging. It is my humble opinion that Dawns set of templates that come with her are at best very basic. I tend to use the free version the were put up on Share CG. That said I would happily pay for a proper set from the store.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
While there are technically 2 generations of Dawn, they are completely backwards compatible as far as I have seen, so there is no need for things like that.

I don't believe that is the case between DawnSE and Dawn2. They have different default shapes, different groups, different poly counts, and even different UV templates. They are incompatible at both morph and texture levels. Even poses may need adjustments because the skeletons are different. Why do you believe they are backwards compatible?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

Attachments

• promo2.png
    promo2.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 135

eclark1894

Visionary
Shoes by Slide3D. Know anyone who can do a Freda Payne hairstyle for her? Choker would be a nice touch, but I can live without it.... if I have to.
1654799028628.png