• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Sara featuring Biscuits' Gili Hair 3 in 1. Biscuits first full Genesis 8 Female hair set

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I was just over at R'osity and saw it. A very nice 3in1 hair style. Hmmmm, now I wish she had it for the Poser figures she usually creates hair for. Hmmmm . . . .

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Wacom Practice.png

I got myself a Wacom Intuos tablet today at Best Buy for $79.00, down from $99.00.
I gave it a practice run to see what I could do with it. Once I master it, I am thinking my art is going to a whole new level, especially modeling, sculpting, and texture painting...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Hornet3d

Wise
They are great lighting for indoor lights in IRay you can set them just about anywhere and they give you a photoreal render every time. If you would like a link to the sales page let me know.

Sorry, my mistake, I should have made it clear that I use Poser and so my render used Superfly. One of the reasons I have so many of Jack's products is he is one of the few vendors still providing a Poser version of such scenes.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Wonder Woman Wacom.jpg
I am getting a little more comfortable with using a stylus instead of the mouse.
I made a lot of mistakes, and I really need to dig into some tutorials on coloring, shading, and getting things to look like shiny metal with the tools I have. But I am happy so far with the Wacom tablet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've always had Wacom tablets, though never an Intuos, as I'm not good at drawing. I've always used them instead of a mouse because I have chronic CTS, and the pen is much easier on my hand then using a mouse.

That said, this is looking good.

View attachment 48087 I am getting a little more comfortable with using a stylus instead of the mouse.
I made a lot of mistakes, and I really need to dig into some tutorials on coloring, shading, and getting things to look like shiny metal with the tools I have. But I am happy so far with the Wacom tablet.

Once you've gone stylus, you'll never go back to that rodent.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Metal is all about the shading/highlights Rokket (kinda like what you did with the legs, you highlighted the middle but forgot to put some shadows at the edges). Look at metal objects and see how all the different metals react to light (for example, brushed steel looks totally different to polished steel as the light reflects differently).
Also that's where Daz and Poser come in handy, do a render with the lighting you want, then you can see where highlights/shadows fall (Iray and Superfly are great if you want realistic shadows)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Metal is all about the shading/highlights Rokket (kinda like what you did with the legs, you highlighted the middle but forgot to put some shadows at the edges). Look at metal objects and see how all the different metals react to light (for example, brushed steel looks totally different to polished steel as the light reflects differently).
Also that's where Daz and Poser come in handy, do a render with the lighting you want, then you can see where highlights/shadows fall (Iray and Superfly are great if you want realistic shadows)
Thanks. I was going off a reference image, and I know where the light and shadows should go. What I need to learn is how to use the tools I have to reproduce those effects.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Once you've gone stylus, you'll never go back to that rodent.
I am still getting used to it. I won't go back to the mouse for drawing, but everything else I will still use it. It's too touchy for me, and I have to learn how to control the pressure.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is my first effort. :p I did it when I was still doing traditional art, then I got sick.
Because of being sick and not being able to traditional art, I got into 3D and haven't done traditional in about 7 years lol.
race.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
well we do have the racing tack just not the jockey silks (clothing) although one of the genesis people do if you know how to fit other items to Dusk/Dawn. I'd love some racing poses, not just racing, but sitting on the horse like in the round yard, getting up onto the horse (they normally have someone help them cause horse big, jockey small lol), that kind of thing

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I was referring to the "Silks". I don't use the latest version of DS, so I wouldn't be able to use any made for Genesis.

It would be really nice, because Ken has that nice Race Track set, and Harry would look wonderful running around it. :D