• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
When doing dark scenes I am very conscious that others may not see the render just as I do. As you point out the surrounding light has a major impact as does the calibration of the monitor. My monitor is calibrated so that I get the colours I want when I send my renders for print so that may have a further impact. In this particular case I was trying, to a large degree, to keep the figure almost hidden as you can see if you compare my before and after shots. The result is really down to the fact that I intended to use it in a book, if that had not have been the case it would be very different.

Please don't see any of this as a defense to anything that has been said here, I do not feel under attack and I am always interested in how others view what I create. The whole idea of trying to create this book is directly due to suggestions and ideas made here. I am immensely grateful to anyone taking and interest in my art and the fact that they may see ways to make it better is a plus in my book as they are still showing interest.

If anyone likes any of my renders here then part of the credit for that has to go to all the people here who have helped, advise and guided me. I am so lucky to have found such and great and friendly bunch of artists and a home for my pictures.

Thank you again. No way am I trying to attack you. If it ever feels like that, I apologize. Perhaps it's a failing but I do care what others think about my work (unlike some who say they don't care what other's think). It's a good guidestone. Of course we're still going to pursue things from our points of view. We have to do. There is always the fact that one person, the artist, could be one hundred percent right in their vision and all others wrong. Yet by listening to those I respect, it allows me to think in a different way. Sometimes I take their advice, sometimes I don't but I listen. Hopefully I learn.

Hornet3d

Wise
I didn't see anything said as an attack, I think we all care about what others say about our art while still producing the art that we want to create. We will always see things from a different view point which is why I am always interested about what others feel about my renders.

Like you I sometimes take people's advice and sometimes not. Normally I try the suggestions and then try to decide if it improves the render or not. From my background I am well aware I am not always right, or should I say rarely right. Sometimes someone gives a view point and I have to rethink my position because I have never even imagine it from their point of view.

Please feel free to critique anything I upload without the worry you are going to upset me, anyone that wants to has to be trying very hard to do so. There is little in life that I take that seriously that I am going to take offence over and certainly not the renders I produce. There is one exception and I do get annoy very quickly if someone questions my honesty and I don't really know why I should be so sensitive about it.

I am genuinely grateful for your comments and that of all those here that have taken the time and trouble to provide me with feedback.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I was supposed to be working on either the Morning Soul package, or Adelaide tonight. And Blake decided to be a stubborn bull elk instead, and wouldn't leave me alone. So... I ended up with this. I've refined some of the texture work on his skin, and did a bunch of postwork after rendering.

I couldn't decide between this one or his sepia version. I like both of them, a lot, and equally, and I can't seem to let go of either one. So, I'm posting both of them. LOL. Because I can't make myself get rid of either one. :p

View media item 3010

And I'm attaching the black and white version here, because I know not everyone has a Deviant Art account.

Blake-Silence-B&W.jpg

3Delight render - Photoshop for Postwork
Genesis 1 - my morphs - my posing - my lights - heavily edited Mor-V skin (originally Mike4)
Hair is from Valea, the feather is from London Hair (RPublishing, Rendo)
Shirt is from Aery Soul - made for G3M - converted to fit Genesis 1 because I am stubborn. :roflmao:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I love chocolate but there is such a thing as horrible chocolate...some of the cheaper Easter products are horrible.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Thanks for the comments... I usually do an image as to how I see things in my mind and this is one of them... I thought it may of been removed from here as it isn't everyone's cup of tea and I realise that... I hope my images provoke thought and imagination for most but unfortunately that isn't the case over on another site where my image has been removed because it is "inappropriately controversial for the Gallery's wide audience"

It's unfortunate that some sites are now more into push button arty farty like/same images and now censor imagination and thought because it may seem to be to controversial for most to view.

so with that, today's render is brought to you by the letters 'A B M and O'

MOAB.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thanks for the comments... I usually do an image as to how I see things in my mind and this is one of them... I thought it may of been removed from here as it isn't everyone's cup of tea and I realise that... I hope my images provoke thought and imagination for most but unfortunately that isn't the case over on another site where my image has been removed because it is "inappropriately controversial for the Gallery's wide audience"

It's unfortunate that some sites are now more into push button arty farty like/same images and now censor imagination and thought because it may seem to be to controversial for most to view.

so with that, today's render is brought to you by the letters 'A B M and O'

View attachment 25408
If it's the site I think it is...that is a pity they removed it. I was thinking you could submit to their Easter Contest. That would break a few eggs alright!

quietrob

Extraordinary
nope, not that one.. I can't even get it to upload there.. throws errors back all the time.

The other one :devil"
The Site that shall not be named. Yet all knoweth this name.

I gave up on contests at the other one. When winning is determined by followers and friends rather than an unbiased board, it makes things rather pointless.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The only site contests I regularly participated in were Traveler's at RDNA, and then only when I felt my render was worthy, as they had quite a few excellent artists participating every month. There the choosing was done by Traveler, and he always gave comments about why a render was chosen.

Other than that, the only time I participated were in Dreamlight's monthly challenges, as there Walle always made a video with comments on each participant's image, not just the top winners. Educational to say the least.