• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I might be able to help with that if I ever get around to getting the outfit. I've worked out a way to get my fit morphs to work for other people in DS with Lorraine's help but still have to work out how they would go in Poser if I created an injection file with my morph.
We still have to write up the tutorial but Lorraine got both one of K4's dresses to work on Diva and the fantasy dress. So it's possible, but getting it into poser might prove tricky...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Thanks, Pen :) I really love this outfit, it's a PC item and there are some gorgeous textures for it too and if you ever did get it and fit it to Dawn I would kiss the ground you walk upon. I just CANNOT get the bottom of the dress to behave nicely so I gave up.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
And I made a mistake in my description. That hat is actually from the old Victorian Era outfit for V4.

Hornet3d

Wise
Will You Be My Lady Fair?
View media item 2997Just playing with the new LAMH squirrel, and trying out Stonemason's new Willow Creek...

What a beautiful mix, the innocence of the character blends so well with such a natural setting. We have lot of squirrels around where we live and the pose is spot on (other than the gift of course, I have never had one offer me a flower as yet). Both of the products you used are clearly stunning, as is the character.

Hornet3d

Wise
Another rework of an idea based on an old render as my skill with lights, while not good, has improved in the last few years.

Some hours later he woke from a light sleep to find himself slumped in the same chair. He had not tried going to bed, convinced he had little chance of getting any sleep so he remained and drifted in and out of a troubled sleep. All of the aches and pains that plagued him in his later years now seem to combine and punish him for his decision to remain in the same position for so long. He stood, stretching as he did so, and moved gingerly across the room, the stiffness in his body was evident in his stilted walk.

He reached the window and peered through the parted curtains at the dark street below, the rain had stopped sometime earlier to be replaced with a fog that seemed to grow ever thicker as he watched. He gave himself a mental pat on the back for deciding to come home when he did, such a fog played havoc with his chest. He stood there for some minutes gazing out of the window at nothing in particular, then a movement below drew his attention. A figure stepped briefly from the alleyway opposite before disappearing once more into the shadows. Brief as it was he was sure that this was not just any figure but the same figure he had seen earlier in the graveyard. His heart thumped in his chest, gripped not only by fear but a strange excitement that something was happening his otherwise drab existence.

The Street HW.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
Another rework of an idea based on an old render as my skill with lights, while not good, has improved in the last few years.

Some hours later he woke from a light sleep to find himself slumped in the same chair. He had not tried going to bed, convinced he had little chance of getting any sleep so he remained and drifted in and out of a troubled sleep. All of the aches and pains that plagued him in his later years now seem to combine and punish him for his decision to remain in the same position for so long. He stood, stretching as he did so, and moved gingerly across the room, the stiffness in his body was evident in his stilted walk.

He reached the window and peered through the parted curtains at the dark street below, the rain had stopped sometime earlier to be replaced with a fog that seemed to grow ever thicker as he watched. He gave himself a mental pat on the back for deciding to come home when he did, such a fog played havoc with his chest. He stood there for some minutes gazing out of the window at nothing in particular, then a movement below drew his attention. A figure stepped briefly from the alleyway opposite before disappearing once more into the shadows. Brief as it was he was sure that this was not just any figure but the same figure he had seen earlier in the graveyard. His heart thumped in his chest, gripped not only by fear but a strange excitement that something was happening his otherwise drab existence.

View attachment 25275

Using volumetrics is difficult as it is. The lighting has to be just right. It works fine in this scene. A little too fine, I think. You might want to hit that figure with the dodge tool in postwork. I had to look a bit to see him. Unless that is what you wanted. Is everything in this scene the way you wanted?

I apologize for the critique if it was not wanted.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I really like this Hornet. First thing I thought of was a dark, isolated street on the outskirts of London. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Volumetrics are tough indeed! that was one of the most advertised nee features in Octane 3, where they simplified what it takes to render volumetric lights. In Poser, if we mix volumetric with FOV, that can multiply the rendering times, but without it, it doesn't look realistic. Atmospherics is something that has been offered in Firefly for years, but it's disabled by default, and most people don't even know it's there.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Volumetrics are tough indeed! that was one of the most advertised nee features in Octane 3, where they simplified what it takes to render volumetric lights. In Poser, if we mix volumetric with FOV, that can multiply the rendering times, but without it, it doesn't look realistic. Atmospherics is something that has been offered in Firefly for years, but it's disabled by default, and most people don't even know it's there.

I love using volumetrics, but you need the perfect scene and plenty of time to do it right. I used it here with Ken's Kiwi burrow and loved it.

KiwiBurrow.jpg

I also used Nerd3D's "cheat video" to get good volumetrics:

His suggestions really speed up the render times for volumetrics.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Great render and awesome tutorial from SMS. A lot of folks don't know this, but they offer lots of FREE tutorials at their web site, and also many of their public webinar recordings as well. ^^

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Great render and awesome tutorial from SMS. A lot of folks don't know this, but they offer lots of FREE tutorials at their web site, and also many of their public webinar recordings as well. ^^

Yeah, and they have their own YouTube channel as well. Lots of gems there - one of the things Chuck (Nerd3D) really worked on.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Everythign is so nice!

Lorraine, I love the colors in that render. It's an interesting experiment with the filters, but the colors touch it off beautifully. Very minimalist, and it suits the image.

Vortigen, the lighting on that is really good. I like the interaction between the squirrel and the girl as well. I'm assuming that was an Iray render?

Hornet, that reminds me of either a scene out of a vampire movie, or a novel illustration.

Glitter, I love that little kiwi burrow! I wish I had the patience for volumetrics. I have to treat them the way I treat DOF rendering though... I set them to run while I'm going to be sleeping, otherwise I get impatient and cancel it out and do it in postwork instead. This looks really nice, though... just like a foggy early morning.