• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, actually, kind of ties into a question I have over at the SM forum about oil painting in Poser. Red Phantom and Ghostman, and a few others, have said it is possible, but it seems to need a separate piece of software to work, if my understanding is right. I really wish SM would find a way to let us render a scene like that in Poser without having to use other software.

Well, I know there are cartoon shaders, so it would seem to me, that a set of shaders just needs to be designed to render in "oil". It's fairly common to that in most art software, so theoretically, it shouldn't be that difficult to come up with shaders that do so, right? Maybe people just aren't coming at it from the right direction? There are velvet shaders, and metal shaders, and car paint shaders, so...?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well, actually, kind of ties into a question I have over at the SM forum about oil painting in Poser. Red Phantom and Ghostman, and a few others, have said it is possible, but it seems to need a separate piece of software to work, if my understanding is right. I really wish SM would find a way to let us render a scene like that in Poser without having to use other software.
They have watercolour shaders so I don't see why you couldn't do oil shaders for Poser also. I really like the watercolour ones I wish I had a set like that for DS.

Portrait of a Lady
View attachment 14259

After spending so much time playing around with skin settings and character morphs for my last image, I decided to try a closeup portrait. I'm pretty happy with the result, but I wouldn't mind to improve the transmap settings for the pigtails.
Cool image VB!

Dax, love your 2d paintings!

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet, what set is that?

It is the Sci-Fi cockpit interior by Petipet over at Daz. There is a complimentary Sci-Fi engine room as well and both are on sale at the moment, which is when I do all my shopping at Daz. The Iray renders look great but as I am Poser only it is not much good to me. That said, I like the Poser textures by default and it is nice to find content like this that still works in Poser straight from the box.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've always liked Petipet's products, though I hadn't seen this new one.

Hornet3d

Wise
I've always liked Petipet's products, though I hadn't seen this new one.

I think it is fairly new as purchased some Petipet content a few months ago and I am sure I would have put this in my shopping cart had it have been there.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sci Fi engine Room.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is V4 wearing the Caleb Hair from DAZ with the V4 fit.
FK-Exibarah lights, set Exi-01-B
Background was a free pack at Renderosity.
Texture and face morph by me.
-------
NanDi was so busy all day, gathering roots and plants from the forest, cooking and watching the children for the other women.
A hot sun beat down on the village, scorching the dusty ground and sending waves of heat rolling.

Now the sun was long gone and the moon was climbing across the starry sky, a cool breeze was gently blowing.
An evening dip in the cool waters of the river was inviting.

While standing at the river's edge, a movement behind her caught her eye.

Alala was standing there shyly with her head lowered and eyes downcast.
The child was a dreamer and and often played alone but recently she had begun following Nandi around.

Nandi turned and scooped Alala up in her arms and stepped to the river's edge, moving slowly into the waters.
Both would take a nice cool dip together this evening.
------
Click image for larger view.

Moonlit-Night.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, scuba diving equipment, and are those swimming fins she's wearing on her feet???

eclark1894

Visionary
Ohhhhh, scuba diving equipment, and are those swimming fins she's wearing on her feet???
It's actually snorkeling equipment, but they're bascially the same thing. I tried this once before with Miki 4, but it's the air tanks rigging that trips me up.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks good Earl...I totally understand about rigging tripping you up. It does that to me all the time...

Hornet...coool I'm looking at it and wondering if his eyes are open and what he is in the tube for?